Character has to sacrifice some of their blood for whatever reason

>Character has to sacrifice some of their blood for whatever reason
>Cuts the palm of their hand instead of some other less painful body part

those characters have watched too many movies

I've noticed this too, but where should they cut?

The Klingons would be fucked if one of them contracted AIDS.

I would think thigh.

Elbow probably. Try pinching the skin of your elbow as hard as you can.

If they don't need much, fingertips. Fingertips heal quickly and without scarring. Probably ends of toes work the same.

and rip the wound open every time you bend your arm, yes wonderful idea

Front of the shin

the tip of your finger is densely packed with nerves, cutting them would hurt a lot

Forehead bleeds like a pig.
Old wrestlers would do it when they wanted to make a spectacle.

Fingertip with a pin. Next question.

Your forearm probably.

Open wounds on the palm are more susceptible to septicaemia.

Forearm cuts don't hurt much. Or shins. Forearm is more convenient for flopping the blood around though.

Like the palm of their hand?

You want non-sensitive spots, not actually sensitive spots.

Behind the knee

>down their wrists
In all honesty a little slice on the top of the forearm is probably where I'd go for. Not a place that touches a lot of things and wouldn't get in the way. Finger tips and palm is just awful, you use those all the time.

Forearm on the character's non main hand or forehead. Both areas dont move around much for the wound to re open

It's because the actor holds a blood pack in their palm. It looks convicing and it's easy to film

Palms heal without scarring.

Foreskin

Just pee

why cut when you can just menstruate?

Thanks Sherlock

Are you trying to tell me that the actors doesn't cut themself?

any part of the body that
a) doesn't bend much (not a knee, elbow, finger)
b) isn't used for tactile function (not the feet or hands)

So a thigh, forehead, calf, forearm, etc would work nice because the wound would heal and you wouldn't be in constant pain from touching the wound

I feel like maybe your neck would be a good idea in a lot of situations? because then you can still run/fight without having the cut interfere

whenever it's like for something ~magic~ I feel like people do the hand because it has to be JUST blood? the logistics of getting only blood into a container and not having sweat/etc. in it would be really hard.