Why did the Roman Empire fall Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ltjH6HPs7vg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_Guard#Political_role
youtube.com/watch?v=Im0IisZ77QI
thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they killed The Gladiator and they couldnt return Rome to the people

A combination of power diffusion, degeneracy, cultural change, Christianity, and weak leaders. Anyone who tells you it was for one reason alone is not smart.

Because they let in people who could not assimulate and inflation

Christianity and uncontrolled Mass Immigration

No one really knows, but whatever it was, the Jews were probably behind it somehow.

Fags, queers and homosexuals.

Also immigration.

It slipped on a banana peel

Endless wars, degenerates, high standard of living = low birth rate.

this

it literally was solely Christianity tho

Sure thing.

Christianity was the only thing that allowed them to hold on for so long you idiot.

poor leadership and politicians, the division of rome and turning it into east and west, a failing economy and the huns forcing mass migration from germania through rome

It became multicultural

kikes and miscegenation

the Sup Forums universal quote for why things fuck up

This is an interesting lecture on the matter and there can be drawn some interesting parralels to today.

youtu.be/ltjH6HPs7vg

(((Christianity)))

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_Guard#Political_role

it got sold to the highest bidder

well plague user, mostly. that and the golden age of Islam

Jews.

they were all fucked up over lead poisoning

The jews made the romans crucify Jesus, and back then God was really a vengeful guy and not an apathetic cuck like he is today.

So it's the jews fault, as Sup Forums is a christian board you can't argue this.

Christians were the Muslims of today, their religion was incompatible with Roman culture.

They started relying on a foreign troops who could obviously turn against them. namely people of (((Germania)))

How did Christianity exacerbate it? Not denying it, but I want to know your reasons for that, since the others are all self-explanatory.

multiculturalism

the romans went off to wars in far away lands while subhumans moved into rome

Because you touch yourself at night.

Thats the trickiest one imo and the one i am on the fence about. From what i understand Christianity helped subvert the staunch and prideful mentality of citizens into something more squishy and abstract. As a Christian, i wont say Christian Rome was weak, but imagine if the US or the entire western world was fundamentally upturned on a set of core values. It would keep its strength, but all its members would be aware of the fact that the rome they are allied to was built on values they now see as wrong. Christian Rome and the Republic are axiomatically at odds, no matter howmuch power and influence they shared.

are you staunch

or are you squishy

this is the question to ask yourselves, family. I ask you to ask yourself this tonight.

>tfw i teach high school history and have gotten too much in the habit of using these words

They bring down every civilization, really

Self-destructive government officials. Far to many men who would rather the world burn of they couldn't hold there office.

Sounds oddly familiar.

I reckon homo haters are actually closet homos having an internal struggle against their homo desires

And 'islamophobes' secretly want to be muslim right?

People got spoiled by civilization. Same reason the West will fall.

What kept the US together up to now wouldn't have destroyed Rome. Whats destroying the US now is what destroyed Rome.

nice doom's day prophecy bud

>Christianity

It was the Huns and the other Germanic tribes you mong. And to think that it was the drought(?)/polar vortex(?) season that drove the Germanic tribes towards the Mediterranean to find food

but homophobia makes no sense. They aren't doing anything except rooting the same sex because they're attracted to it. Most people aren't homosexual so why the fuck does it matter that a portion of the population are homos.

It was absolutely normal part of Greek and Roman society before they became Christian.

noice

Are you trying to imply not every civilization is destined to ultimately decline at one time or another? Enjoy your wishful thinking.

Forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=Im0IisZ77QI

Reminder.

T*rks

Rome was already declining before the Huns and Germanic tribes arrived.

There's a number of theories as to what led to the decline of Rome. I've read one theory backed by historians that in their Empire period they were essentially a pillaging economy and needed loot and slaves to grow and even sustain itself. They could only grow so much before they ended up in deficit because of maintaining and securing their territories. They slowly had to withdraw on themselves as they had no way to keep things going. And slowly got overrun with people from Northern Europe and finally the Huns

Jealous foreigners

Peek decadence. The values that were tried and true were thrown out for bread and circuses. Even the Byzantines in the closing days were engaged in near constant petty civil wars while the sand people chipped away at their crumbling empire.

the people saying that modern italians aren't the same as the Romans are mostly Stormweenies using references from Nazi Germany when their race "scientists" were producing propaganda to say the upper echelon of Roman society were aryans

>American education

show me the historians that discuss decadence. How do you even quantify how decadent a society is?

Byzantium went into their 200 year period of civil war following the Fourth Crusade which pretty much burned every important part of Anatolia to the ground and brought in a void of squabbling factions. It had nothing to do with decadence.

>tfw you will never march in testudo towards a Gallic barbarian horde as part of the III Legion of Gaul.
Why even live?

Thats fucking it, man. I'm killing myself tonight

3 generations of Christianity plus letting the kikes back in

>you will never die valiantly defending your legions eagle as you are over run by vandals

Degeneracy is the cause of mass immigration of barbarians and Christianity

Rome lost because Germany had to start a war, like usual.

welfare state

Need a new frame with ISIS all over France and Germany

Humans got bored and wanted to try something new. Why does anything humans do not last?

I'd rather be a Gallic barbarian myself.

picture is Greece I think

This. Also people focus on the decline ignoring they had a very good run.

If anyone has a long commute, the History of Rome Podcast is excellent :

thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/

The Christians ruined it for everyone.

man boy love

too much of it

Totally explains why the more Christian ERE survived the onslaught of the Sassanids and Mohammedans.

This

poor people in the cities.
They should have enslaved all the poor people
and used them accordingly and it wouldn't have
fell.

This lol. The ERE, which was far more Christian than the West, survived for a thousand years after the WRE survived. About 600 of those as a major power.

Christianity extended the Roman empire if anything.

>duuur it was christianity
>I'm just going to ignore the eastern half surviving for another 1000 years XD

Go read a book you dumb ameritards

Before Christianity the concept of patronage (as in, a wealthy Roman sponsoring public works and projects like roads or food services, etc) was common and depended on. It was a way to immortalize oneself (doing good works would grant you the privilege of placing a statue of yourself in your town center for example). After Christianity this was no longer as appealing, as now there were Christian ways to prepare for the afterlife and feel like a good person.

multiculturalism

without a unifying identity degeneracy became the culture and eventually made rome weak enough to collapse.

i didnt know germanics were this stupid

really?
you are applying stupid shit from today in a different era

Byzantine isn't real Rome

You're so beta, you can't even annex the country of niggers next door.
Your opinion is literally irrelevant.

many italians are germanics and mixed with them
in the south you can find some people that look like romans but not in the north

gee it's like history tends to repeat itself

germanics destroyed the rome empire

everyone know this

Those Germanic migrations happened very late into the Empire, pretty much as it crumbled

>Dominican Republic
I'm not listening to people who cant afford books

This.

t.germanics
why you germanics try so hard to convice yourselves that you didnt destroy the roman empire

Multiculturalism

every empire is multicultural but i dont expect a germanic to understand this

you mean your ancestor?

stop saying multiculturalism you fucking stupid pig

primary cause was the plague that hit them, kind of similar to how the Indians lost North America

and the eastern half got swamped with the huns too right?

Climate change. Literally. For all the faults of their decaying society, they could have limped along for another few centuries. But, the Roman Warming Period ended and the Dark Ages Cooling occurred so rapidly they went from growing olives on the banks of the Rhine to the hordes crossing the frozen river in the summer. To steal a modern quote, winter arrived.

and that plague was germanics and its funny because germanics was the plague that wiped out native americans

>Dominican Republic

I'm not germanic I'm just correcting you on your third world education

mad germanic?

this coupled with the plague

what are you then?

Well yeah. With any mass migration you get diseases you're population is unaccustomed to.

Good. It just means savage uncivilized nordics are warriors superior to meds who where having orgies in their brothels and watching gladiator fights.