Would this be allowed today?

Thoughts on this clip Sup Forums? It aired in 2007 with no controversy on one of the greatest shows of all time and was very popular at the time

>What would happen if it aired today?
>Would it be banned in some countries that ban hate speech?

youtube.com/watch?v=SydfoFLWmds

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca
web.archive.org/web/20060623230746/http://www.chetlyzarko.com/bamn-terror.html
snopes.com/2015/06/25/luke-massie-smith/
youtu.be/Ou_XUHgnNNI?t=3m55s
jewishworldreview.com/cols/fund112006.php3
youtu.be/jPLduQIZFzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tf0mV5nZrzY
wga.org/writers-room/101-best-lists/101-best-written-tv-series/list
youtube.com/watch?v=yY5EdTa9y08
youtube.com/watch?v=V4OakqPbUj0
youtube.com/watch?v=8Bgi3z4M-Mo
youtube.com/watch?v=rBcbc8eWz6U
youtube.com/watch?v=3Dx5DmSv3dY
youtube.com/watch?v=WU339Qs3rSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Probably. Look at how sterile and un-funny everything is on TV now. The only thing they're allowed to make fun of are straight, white males.
I gave up satellite 4 years ago, and don't miss any of it.

It's fictional, why would it cause controversy?
I'm pretty sure the actor just acted to be a homophobic(conservative?) italian-american mobster.

> The only thing they're allowed to CURBSTOMP are straight, white males.
FTFY. BUT TOGETHER, WE CAN FIX AMERICA!

SIGN THIS PETITION: change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca

THEY WILL COME FOR YOU: web.archive.org/web/20060623230746/http://www.chetlyzarko.com/bamn-terror.html

THEY ARE UNASHAMED TO BRAG ABOUT IT: snopes.com/2015/06/25/luke-massie-smith/

> Your home in ashes, your starving children strewn about you half-dead and sobbing, packs of vicious wild dogs roaming the streets of once-happy American suburbs feeding off the weak, the cities burning on the horizon and the ground rumbling underfoot from the Chinese tanks out enforcing the new government's mandatory curfew.

> And always, through the din of screams and smoke and jackboots marching in unison, above it all you hear Obama laughing. It's been three weeks since you've had anything but pages torn from the family bible to eat. Your feet ache; your shoes have long ago been stolen by roving gangs of armed minorities and the tattered strips of the American flag you've bound them in do little to stop the cold, let alone the blisters.

THEY STABBED INNOCENTS IN SACRAMENTO, AND WERE KNOWN TO THREATEN OTHERS WITH KNIVES:
youtu.be/Ou_XUHgnNNI?t=3m55s

jewishworldreview.com/cols/fund112006.php3

> Just last June Ms. Gratz filed a report with Detroit police accusing Luke Massie, national chairman of the activist group By Any Means Necessary, of displaying a knife during a heated confrontation outside a state civil rights meeting. "It was one of several attempts to either intimidate me or attack my character," she said yesterday in an interview after a speech she gave at the National Association of Scholars meeting in Boston. She said Mr. Massie had a knife in his right pants pocket and toyed with it, pulling it halfway out of his pants but not drawing its blade. Mr. Massie denies the allegation.

Good fucking show though, currently re-watching it for the 3rd time.

Eh, Phil is supposed to be the villain. Tony was actually pretty indifferent about Vito's faggotry.

Yea i agree, if it happened in "current year" The Sopranos would have a more diverse cast and Phil would be the token evil old fashioned white male and the only one who wanted to kill Vito. (A lot of mobsters on both sides wanted him dead)

>Good fucking show though, currently re-watching it for the 3rd time.

same, 4th time tho!!

What did she mean by, "Get off OUR streets"?

Phil was probably a closet case.

To everybody saying it's because Phil was the villain, what about this:

youtu.be/jPLduQIZFzQ

Easily the best TV show ever, by the way. I really want to watch it again.

Tony wanted to let him live, but in the end he had him killed but Phil beat him to it. And I don't think anyone felt bad for Vito because he killed that random guy the episode before

he never had the makings of a varsity athlete

It`s the only show I rewatch. Seen it 3 times through and I can still put on a random episode and find something new.

youtube.com/watch?v=tf0mV5nZrzY
This is another classic example, imagine the BLM chimpout that would happen on twitter if this aired

that face at 0:30
flawless

>>What would happen if it aired today?
it wouldn't air today because there will never be another series that will be as great as the sopranos. nothing has even come close yet

JUST BECAUSE A PIECE OF WORK HAS SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN IT'S FOR SOMETHING

HOLY FUCK, WHY DOES EVERYBODY KEEP FORGETTING THIS?

THE HELLBLAZER COMICS HAVE DEMONS BUT IT'S NOT SATANIC

SLAVERY MOVIES HAVE SLAVERY BUT THEY'RE NOT PRO SLAVERY

HOLY FUCK EVERYBODY IS SO FUCKING STUPID

>what is The Wire

please don't compare the wire to the sopranos. the wire is garbage, liberal bullshit filled with two cent philosophy such as we wuz pawnz n sheeeit that only resonates with niggers are suburban white kids

Sopranos is the best show of all time, alongside BB. Makes me proud of my somewhat Italian heritage

They didn't beat him for being white

They beat him for being a nazi

Was it savage and violent? Yes. But it's not like the guy was beat up just for being white.

He literally has a white supremacist flag

GABAGOOL

The wire ended a year after the Sopranos so pretty much the same time frame

I've watched The Wire twice and The Sopranos only once years before ever going on Sup Forums, and I thought and still think The Sopranos is legitimately better. I'm not the only one who thinks so either:

wga.org/writers-room/101-best-lists/101-best-written-tv-series/list

>You'll suck our cocks?
>Is she any good?
>What am I asking you for you probably showed her how.

>Closet case.
Yeah nah he's just a cunt

I love the Sopranos, but for some reason whenever I re-watch it I just get bored by the second or third season. I think I've seen the older episodes too many times to ever really enjoy them again, I need to just read up on the plot and start at the 4th season or something. It just doesn't have a lot of rewatchability for me.

Sopranos is GOAT, and the nostalgia ages it like a fine wine even more so.

I always hear this being parroted but the show itself didn't strike me as having any kind of blatant ideology

g a b a g o o l

>that one episode where Meadow gets her bike stolen by a nigger and Tony does a smug_pepe.jpeg while she REEEs about it not being about race

But I felt genuinely sick when Meadow decided to get back at her dad by fucking a literal jewish nigger (thas rite)

youtube.com/watch?v=yY5EdTa9y08

I'd also like to point out they have an episode where they are talking about cucking like 13 years before it became a meme.

It did though, it made it seem like all the blacks were these deep characters with tragic lives and they were all suave gangsters. Reality is that most niggers are just criminals because they think it's cool, and that they aren't smart about it at all, hence the reason most of them end up in prison.

The Wire nigger: "If we shoot him, we can weaken their leadership and make a move on their street with our new product, thus capturing the market and expanding our business."

Real nigger: "Yo dis foo standin on my corna wearin red Imma pop his ass"

People say The Wire was great because it was so realistic...it's not at all.

Slavery movies portray slaves as former kangs oppressed by the evil whitey. In the sopranos not just Phil but most of the likable characters supported murdering vito just because he was gay

GABAGOOL? OVA HERE

Hello wire fag

And now Gandolfini is dead. Turns out being fat is more degenerate than being black or gay.

You missed out on Dead Wood. Season 2 eps. 10, "Advances, None Miraculous" has a black stable keeper who was derelict is his job that resulted in a boy getting trampled to death by a horse, gets tarred in the middle of the road by an angry white mob.

"Jungle fucking niggers" is what the leader of the mob yells right before the mob starts searching for the black guy.

The black guy who gets tarred was on the show Oz years ago, and the
"Jungle Fucking Niggers" guy is currently on Orange is The New Black

Silvio is the best character, hands down. That episode when he's losing his shit over poker makes me laugh every time.

Jamal Ginsberg, the hasidic homeboy

ok, lets ignore the ideology. the acting was bad and natural character development didn't exist. the plot was often circular and went nowhere for episodes on end until they just condense it altogether including the character development. the biggest reason the wire gets any sort of acknowledgement is that people seem to think it's based on real people and events. it's not. it may have been at one point when drawing it up, but these are purely fictional characters and scenarios that have no connection with or semblance of the real life people they were supposedly based on

MUTHAH FUCKAH!!!!

>not liking paulie the best character

>what is Hamsterdam

Season 3 was the worst.

You are generalizing. The show was written by a former police reporter, I'm guessing he is more informed about crime than you.

HASIDIM
BUT I DON'T BELIEVE HIM

kek

its funny because its true.

Thats probably because the wire had all white writers so they just assumed they had the same kind of reasoning as the mafia.

the show was written by a liberal

My favorite Phil moment was when he literally comes out of Vito's closet when he kills him

>Phil "The fag basher" Leotardo
>Phil "Come out of the closet and he'll come out of your closet" Leotardo

Wait what the fuck is "corn holing"
I mean i assume it involves corn?

was it a broomstick or baseball bat they shoved up Vito's coit?

The show isn't about character development, it's about how institutions affect individuals. I thought the acting was fine but that's just my opinion.

I've watched the series several times and am embarrassed to say this never occurred to me

butt fucking or anal intercourse if you prefer

Yeah then they just open fag bars because they know how much they can drink. Unlike them? Is this a contest? We will support you weirdos sometimes but you don't need to make us your collective bitch. Groups are coming around to this. Also. Why does this matter?

corn in your shit. the hole shit comes out of. putting your penis in it. faggot.

All of you are fucking wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=V4OakqPbUj0

>Paulie: You're not gonna believe this, he killed 16 Czechoslovakians, guy was an interior decorator..

>Moltisanti: his house looked like shit

Paulie was great but he was really whiny a lot of the time, and it was pretty funny, but I also have to factor in how badass they are into the equation, and I think Sil would have wrecked Paulie's world. Hell, a lot of the plotlines are how Paulie is a little backstabber or whiny bitch. Silvio is just a bad motherfucker.

well thats misleading
using a corn cob as a dildo would make more sense & fit the term better but whatever

David Simon, the show's creator, is literally a Jew who supports Black Lives Matter.

But years before all of that, when I would still proudly call myself a liberal, I preferred The Sopranos to The Wire.

It's hard to compare the two shows because they're both excellent, but The Sopranos always just edged out The Wire in my mind for some reason, even though I decided to watch The Wire twice and not The Sopranos yet.

The rants that drunk goes on are epic

This

Come on m8, everyone knows the greatest scene is when Tony's daughter brings home the black jew

Fiction is policed even more than reality is because it can be controlled more .

>The show isn't about character development

Never use this statement about any drama, it instantly tarnishes the show but saying is a dramatised documentary with subpar drama.

Word to the wise, remember Pearl Harbor.

yep, Paulie was an insecure little bitch. Sil was a true alpha. My favorite Sil moment is when he went to take Ralphie's stripper girlfriend back to the Bing.

>Junior: A Chinaman goes to see the eye doctor. After the exam the doctor said, "I know why you're having trouble." The Chinaman says, "why?" Doctor said, "you have a cataract." Chinaman says, "no, I have a Rincoln Continental." (short pause) You don't get it?
>Bobby: I get it. He drives a Lincoln Continental. What?

Been forever since I watched it, but my 2 favorite scenes:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Bgi3z4M-Mo

youtube.com/watch?v=rBcbc8eWz6U

so much this!
I grew up in NYC surrounding by niggers in school and the workplace. Who in the hell wants to watch TNB and listen to niggerbabble for entertainment?

the show in one screencap

Character development isn't the same as good drama, I don't get what you're trying to say.

imagine if this happened today

youtube.com/watch?v=3Dx5DmSv3dY

E!SJW would just explode

That may be the issue. The Wire is more about "the system" rather than the development of complicated people. The Wire does make use of complicated people, and I'm sure that as a journalist in Boston, David Simon saw these people; but the characters are kind of like a journalist's schetch. For example, McNulty is the drunk, serial-philandering cop stereotype.

but did tony died, tho?

>"he always talked about greasing the unions but I didn't know he meant it like that"
>Patsy laughing hysterically in the background.

Check out Trump's twitter. David Simon, the writer of the Wire, has been tweeting pure vitriol at Trump. I liked the wire, but got wise to Simon immediately while watching Treme.

its not really definitive but more than likely yes

It's ok.

Character development adds depth to drama by adding layers and multiple viewpoints and conflicts interpersonal and internal and global.

It's something Sopranos did particularly well, The Wire only to a degree.

When the drama isn't forcing a character to grow or development audiences detach and emotionally remove their investment from the character- as what's happened in some arcs of Game of Thrones later seasons.

Anal sex. Rumor has it people used to use corncobs for toilet paper, hence, corn hole.

I still believe

all that money and this is what gandolfini ended up wth, not sure if win

>he's never had corn in his shit

i mean big brother is a guilty pleasure but cmon it's no sopranos.

deadwood was also elite for the first 2 seasons...

six feet under was kinda gay but probably had the GOAT finale

showtime is SHIT at finales.

You never go from cornhole to cakehole.

>corncobs as toilet paper

I can see it. Our forebears were some resourceful motherfuckers.

100% agree.

Anybody else here watch lilyhammer? I loved that show, too bad it got canceled after season 3.

>No more Butchie!... No more!

Who here /shillforphil/

McNulty never really changed, but seemingly, he was the main character. He bucked the system from beginning to in, and that's all you can really say about him.

The Wire was brilliantly written, and it's Obama's favorite show (seriously). The sad thing is though, nothing really changes except, maybe with Marlo, the younger generation becomes more nihilistic.

The fact that none of the characters really react to what they're experiencing as things degrade is a major drawback to me.

Its definitive, he really died. Why else the screen would go black in the middle of the scene

>ftfy

You need to go back, faggot.

I fucking loved that show. I think the humor was pretty Norwegian, though, so lots of people didn't get it.

Let's not forget this one

youtube.com/watch?v=WU339Qs3rSU

Is it really that bad in America that you can't make casual racist jokes publicly?

Yeah, because the guy wasn't exactly being portrayed positively.

Imagine if they had the lead protagonist of a show like Grimm go on an anti-homo rant.

Not anymore. At least not in our mainstream media.

you can, just don't do it at work if you happen to work in an office or some place similar with a lot of female employees