Doctor Strange

Whats your verdict on this piece of shit?

Generic Marvel Flick Number #8

Totally forgettable

It was a piece of shit?, but no it was a 6/10 meh. And if it weren't for the visuals it would be 3/10

The jokes and pop culture references are getting worst in every Marvel movie.

>lol u dont know who Beyonce is
>Audience bursts into laughter

It maybe bad but at least it's not DC

I guess it was better than Inception?
The beginning where Benedict Cumberbatch was not-House was really comfy and much better than the whole "dude chakras LMAO" but yeah. It was entertaining enough

story was alright brought down with cringey comedy
but visuals were great and atleast subject came in a different direction from other marvel crap

DARTANHA, I AM HERE FOR AN EXCHANGE

agreed, plus the wifi joke made me cringe too

(see pic related's watermark to see type of comedy in dr strange)

HELLO MR SCIENTIST
>PECULIAR
VERY

the dialogue in this film made no sense

Much better than man of steel, tbqh.

>Totally forgettable
Agreed. Just watched it 30 minutes ago and i have no idea what it was all about other than generic 'stop the villain from destroying the world' story.
6 would be high rate for this movie in my opinion
That was the worst
>come to Nepal
>ask asian if he knows beyonce or eminem
Jokes overall were really shit tier
>serious scene
>joke
Repeat throughout movie. I dont get how people ruin movies with high budgets.

So will he lose his power in Infinity War once Thanos steals his Infinity Gem?

Yeah, there will be a totally epic scene where one-by-one Thanos rinses each of the heroes. And then they all team up and he still wins and all hope seems lost, but no one dies yet because plot-reasons

They should have made the Infinity Stone the amulet of Agamatto rather than the eye. Seems like a huge misstep to put another gem on Earth.

I watched it a few hours ago, it was okay. Good visuals/set pieces, bad humor, predictable/generic of capeshit (which is to be expected at this point, they wasted Mads but Tilda Swinton was great as the Ancient One.

To be honest even if I wasn't kinda tired of capeshit (even well made capeshit from Marvel) I am truly sick and tired of superhero/supervillian origin stories. Can we get one fucking movie were both the good guys and the bad guys are established so we don't have to waste half the fucking movie on the same, overdone Hero's Journey shit?

Like I said, 3 of those points go to the visuals

Its like they tried to take our attention away from the story with those visuals, intentionally.

ur a faget

all the humor in every MCU film is the exact same

Overall it was very forgettable like most capeshit. But what I really liked was the way magic was portrayed. Very well designed and creative, so gotta give credit to whoever was behind it. Made me think how much better Harry Potter would've looked if they used the same style for magic instead of those retarded beams that just change colour.

Why the fuck did they think this was good casting? I'm not even familiar with the comics but still thought Tilda Swinton didn't seem like a good fit for an ancient sorcerer monk.

6/10 on a good day. 4/10 on any other day.

It was painfully cookie-cutter, Mads was completely fucking wasted, Bendystraw Crumplesnotch was horribly uncharismatic or interesting, visuals were a step above 'okay', Inception shit was fine I guess but hardly groundbreaking or fresh, all the costumes - bar Strange's - look like they were stolen from a Dragon Age concept art book, and the magic was fucking boring. I came to see wizards and instead if I got melee fighters? Fuck off.

The single redeeming part was genuinely creative ending using time manipulation to forced Dormammu into bargaining. It's shame it's framed by a test tube formula story that brings literally nothing new to the table.

Wasted potential on all front.

Whatever you think, I think the opposite.
So I loved Dr. Strange and I hate cock, even my own.

Ancient One is canonically Tibetan, but they couldn't keep him as a Tibetan because China would go apeshit, couldn't make him Chinese or progressives would have a shit fit. So they made him an androgynous woman, progressives still had a fit.

IIRC the ancient one was originally gonna be Tibetan but they changed it to appeal to the chinese

Good luck selling a movie with a badass Tibetan to the Chinese. The old white bearded master is also the most overdone trope I can think of. Swinton was fine, it was the completely forgettable villains that were the letdown again.

wow what would give you the impression that they made this movie to appeal to the chinese?
>queue 30min long segment taking place in a downtown chinese street

Everyone knows Beyonce and Eminem. Tibet doesn't exist in some bubble that's disconnected from the rest of the world.

Do you not realize how big the Chinese market is?

>Totally forgettable
Why is that always the cookie cutter criticism of the garden variety DC_Cuck? It's like they're not equipped to do nothing but regurgitate things they've read elsewhere. People aren't exactly raving about Watchmen, garbage lads.

>whitewash a TIbetan character out of political pressure in order to guarantee a higher box-office
>no one bats an eye

>show a mentally ill women in love with an abusive partner
>"MOST MISOGYNISTIC FILM OF THE YEAR"

what did they mean by this?

they should gone indian..pic related is a great indian actor who would have the gravitas to pull it of (and could have gone with the long hair look instead of bald)

Yes i'm sure these people who spend their entire lives reading ancient textbooks about magic sit around watching Mtv in their spare time.

it has the potential to be bigger than the american market which is frightening because they have literally the worst taste in movies

There's nothing new with feminists only paying raising their voices over something happening in our country.

Yup, and have ipods with the time to listen to mainstream music

You apparently have neither seen the movie, nor have you any idea about what kind of a place Tibet actually is.

It's just another origin story for a Marvel hero so... generic and forgettable.

The mirror dimension effects where kind of cool though but since the story was average those too will be forgotten.

The cape remembered me to Aladin's rug...

>The cape remembered me to Aladin's rug...
We're super glad!
Don't doubt when we say you'll LOVE the sequel ;)
In the meantime, check out The Avengers: Infinity War Part1, out later this year!

Those people aren't your typical Tibetans. They don't even have a TV in the place and all they do is study magic all day.

Yet they have wifi and the stuffs.

xir was the best thing in the movie, fags

The wifi shit existed to be le funny modern joke

It's 2018 this year?
Is Mike Pence the President yet in this timeline?

anyone have an image of the long greentexting post making fun of that joke by imagining the audience response to it?

magic/10

yes to both

i liked it tbqh, granted i don't remember anything from it but it was fun action desuneh

It was better than most Marvel movies because it was mostly about mastering magic instead of getting into an indestructible suit and winning easily. Shit like the Avengers 2 didn't really excite me because most of the characters never felt like they had a chance of losing so it was kind of cool seeing Doctor Strange go into fights when he wasn't ready for.

I liked it. I also like Cumberbatch so that helps. Strange seems like a cool hero tho so it might make me watch Thor which I wanted no part of after the first two. A lot of the avengers kind of suck, except like Captain America and Spiderman.

Potential, but the script was genuinely bad and it weighed the movie down.

the Marvel Narrative:

There’s a thing and a bad guy and the bad guy steals the thing, so they fight. They lose one fight and then they lose another fight and then they win the last fight. The end.

people unironically can tell marvel movies apart, have their favorites, can rank them, remember the "stories"

I'm baffled, they can't ALL be shills

>it was kind of cool seeing Doctor Strange go into fights when he wasn't ready for.
It would have actually been "cool" if he actually lost. 1 apprentice beat 2 older apprentices and 1 master on his own and it was his first real fight. Felt kind of bullshit

this is almost exactly what i was going to say

it could have been a really good movie, but it was just "eh" all over

Why does he always play a sociopath

Is this what acid is like?

He is typecast as self-centered and inteligent, because he looks like an ayy lmao.

The Ancient one's cgi when she was dying was disgusting.

dr house ripoff

Ok, but not outstanding origin story with pretty spectacular effects, especially in 3D, some really good actor performances and a nice ending that for once favored brains over brawns. Now that the origin story is out of the way, I'm looking forward to more Strange in Ragnarok.

Typical Marvel capeshit. Generic formulaic storyline, characters and tropes.

Only redeeming qualities were the visuals, the spiritual Matrix-esque concepts, Mads and Tilda - all of which were eventually wasted.

Do people actually think Cumberbatch is a good actor? How did he ever become a leading actor, he was laughably mediocre in almost every scene.

I imagine so.. which is why I think it is stupid when my friends who have tried acid think they have stumbled on some great revelation that I couldn't get from reviewing philosophy, deeply meditating, or watching cool flicks like Doc Strange

I genuinely don't care for Cumberbatch. I've seen what he can do and I don't care for it. Part of me finds it very hard to take seriously a guy who calls himself Benedict Cumberbatch, as if he used his goofy name as brand recognition. He isn't particularly charismatic, especially not in this.

Whats even the point in Marvel villians if they're always weak nerds
Next they're gonna face some big blue nerd whose motivation seems to be 'destroy the universe because why not'

8/10

Had some pacing issues, but other than that very entertaining, great visuals, great acting. Frankly its better than most of the MCU.

>can't take an actor seriously because he was born with a name that 5 year old boys think is funny

You may have autism

Holy shit Sup Forums is underage, acid just enhances visuals depending on the dosage, if you want a trip like that you're thinking of DMT.

Good job reading my whole post

not sure if bait, but
>meditate for 10 years
>drop acid
indeed have similar effects, but guess which one is simplier?

She was literally the best thing about this movie.

We had enough generic asian mentor monks.

>sees a guy that looks somewhat like the comic ancient one
>lol it's not him, it's some ugly white bitch

Bravo Marvel! #girlpower

Tibet isn't allowed to be mentioned user, shame on you for calling attention to the problematic comic

The weakest of the solo films so far.

Only propped up by the 3D visuals which I don't count since nobody fucking owns a 3D television so it's all out the door just like with Avatar once it hits Blu-ray.

Seriously like a 6/10. The ending saved it. It was creative. If the end was generic big battle I'd give it a 5 or 4 out of 10.

It was on-par with the second Thor movie.

He wasn't unique enough. He felt like Tony Stark with magic instead of a suit.

The visuals were amazing but I need a story about someone I care about that's built up a bit.

I didn't give a fuck so while I'm gawking at the crazy shit going on I forget the minute I leave the theater since I don't give two shits. I'm not invested and there are too many characters that I don't know nor do I care about.

Strange is just some asshole genius doctor. Great. Got it. Goes on a quest. We meet people we don't know nor are given a reason to invest in.

Really, really poor script. It's like they've forgotten why Iron Man was such a good solo story. You see him go through shit and really work to be the hero he becomes.

The magic was really shitty, it felt like a video game powerset. You can use your portal ring, and your time amulet, go astral, and remember to only fold space in the mirror dimension so no one gets hurt. All in all I'd say the magic was too discrete and itemised, it didn't feel like the opening up of limitless possibility, it felt like a narrowing of it.

It sucked.

It was alright. Better than an average action flick.

We can at least agree it's better than Sherlock, right?

I really enjoyed this movie. Guess that makes me a pleb. Benedict Cumberbatch delivered a strong performance as Strange and Tilda Swinton was enjoyable as The Ancient One. As everyone says, visuals were epic. ALso--
>DORMAMMU! I've come to bargain!

It's actually in my list of favorite Marvel movies. Right alongside Ant Man and Iron Man 1

DMT ain't no fucking joke. First time I did I tried it I did a point and thought the Rapture happened. Second time I was at an intergalactic space bar partying it up with cosmic gods

It was not only the best marvel movie yet, it was one of the best movies ever.
It had everything including deep pathos.
Each marvel flick is better than the last.

>Whats your verdict on this piece of shit?
I need a high res copy of this kino in order to accurate judge it.

The only I've found is yiffy quality and that's not even worth the bandwidth to download.

Forgettable yes, but bad: no.

In fact none of the MCU films have been bad. They're just never higher than a 7/10. None of them.

There's high quality rips everywhere, you suck at the internet

>He felt like Tony Stark with magic instead of a suit.
Minus the fact that he wasn't sarcastic jokester, he didn't run a billion dollar company, his arc was completely different, he didn't rebel against his own company, he was a genuine piece of shit, etc.

The only thing that wasn't unique enough is your criticism which every faggot on this board said before the movie even came out.

>Doctor.Strange.2016.COMPLETE.BLURAY-LAZERS
>43.49GB

There's many other encodes aswell newfriend

second viewing resulted in showing how fucking shit the dialogue was and there was literally no plot