Another miserable day spent searching for a job

>Another miserable day spent searching for a job

Is it impossible to get a job above fastfood/retail in your country if you don't have a car? It is where I live.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-M365-Smart-Electric-Scooter-foldable-light-long-board-hoverboard-skateboard-30KM-mileage-with-APP/32815929068.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10152_10065_10151_10068_10344_10342_10343_10340_10341_10304_10307_10301_10137_10060_10155_10154_10056_10055_10054_10059_10532_100031_10099_10338_10339_10103_10102_440_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_10326_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10177_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_143_10312_10313_10314_10078_10079_10073,searchweb201603_23,ppcSwitch_3&btsid=09dc9854-d342-42d3-8659-8e828e2bd560&algo_expid=0773bbda-5d4b-4037-913e-73f8ad271248-15&algo_pvid=0773bbda-5d4b-4037-913e-73f8ad271248
pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-chiaki-mori-s-nipple-atyybca/answers/new.html
fastcompany.com/3055035/you-should-plan-on-switching-jobs-every-three-years-for-the-rest-of-your-
linkedin.com/pulse/why-you-need-quit-your-job-every-two-years-dele-smith
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well?

Where do you live? What qualifications do you have?

I live in Ontario and don't really have any particular qualifications or a degree. I just want to find a job where I can learn to do things but apparently that's not available these days so you have to lie about skills then learn on the job.

What skills do you have?

>doesn't have any qualifications
>wants a respectable job
Lmao
Also lying is bad, if you lie about your skills it'll become apparent very quickly

No professional experience really (I know you guys will say embellish, but at what point is embellishment lying?)

How am I suppose to gain skills if I don't get a chance? This is retarded.

>it'll become apparent
Really? I'm seeing that the vast majority of jobs especially entry-level are learned on the job. Unless you're implying people come in and with no training just jump straight into work.

I'm seeing job listings for administrative assistants or basic bookkeeping, is learning to use QuickBooks with YouTube so difficult? Or just figuring out how to use excel as I start?
>Respectable job
I didn't say that, I just want any job that actually has transferrable skills or transitioning in the future.

what's your race. if you're white you can get hired for just about anything

exist something like courses for technicians in Canada? in brazil besides the university there are technician courses that spent usually 2 years, there are courses for lmost everything like eletronic technician or IT, with one of these you can find a job easilly, at least here, wha t you need is some kind of qualification

>How am I suppose to gain skills if I don't get a chance? This is retarded.

Literally the point of university and college

How much pre existing knowledge does someone honestly need for 99% the entry-level jobs? Are you telling me I really can't learn Excel or QuickBooks or whatever software I need to use within the first 1-2 weeks on the job?

I'm not looking for a job as a software engineer, it's just a basic wagecuck job what the hell man

Buy this if you can't afford a car and you are looking for a job within 10km radius

Oops link
aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-M365-Smart-Electric-Scooter-foldable-light-long-board-hoverboard-skateboard-30KM-mileage-with-APP/32815929068.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3_10152_10065_10151_10068_10344_10342_10343_10340_10341_10304_10307_10301_10137_10060_10155_10154_10056_10055_10054_10059_10532_100031_10099_10338_10339_10103_10102_440_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_10326_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10177_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_143_10312_10313_10314_10078_10079_10073,searchweb201603_23,ppcSwitch_3&btsid=09dc9854-d342-42d3-8659-8e828e2bd560&algo_expid=0773bbda-5d4b-4037-913e-73f8ad271248-15&algo_pvid=0773bbda-5d4b-4037-913e-73f8ad271248

>tfw i don't need a job because i am able to earn money through another LEGAL revenue source
>tfw i am looking for a job because my current ability works better when I have more capital to play with
Back to the point though, you really shouldn't lie about your professional experience or skills on your Resume. It's going to backfire.

If you REALLY want to gain experience first, then settle for no base pay and just work for free. Make it clear to the employer that you're there to learn their skills and/or acquire experience.

Once you have learned enough from them and you are confident in your ability, then you can request pay for your services or go somewhere else (frictional unemployment is a bitch though, i know what you mean). Make yourself useful during the time you are working for free for your "employer", because they can still "fire" you if they dislike you.

They do this by piling heaps and heaps of work that you are unqualified to perform then dismiss you for unsatisfactory work performance. They need a reason otherwise you can claim unemployment monies from them.

Dude it's a simple wagecuck job I could easily learn to do within 1-2 weeks that I'm searching for.

Are you honestly telling me I need to study linear algebra, discrete mathematics, business ethics and tax law in order to watch a YouTube series on Pivot tables in excel or how to use QuickBooks? Like the other guy is saying?

How much knowledge would you say the average University graduate uses in their job on a daily basis?

Working for free is illegal by the way, and I need money now, not when they decide whether or not to pay me in 5 months.

Explain to me how lying about having work experience with skills I have or could easily learn can backfire.

goverment action?

here korea 2

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-chiaki-mori-s-nipple-atyybca/answers/new.html

Can't a nig steal this?

>Explain to me how lying about having work experience with skills I have or could easily learn can backfire.
They usually call the company you claimed to work for to confirm whether you're a good employee.
At least that's how it is here.

Well you can fold it and carry it next to where you work, I guess. But that does depend on where you work.

why xaomi use?????????
no understand

my privacy to xaomi
fuck

in real in korea
i heard lg internet srvivce use xsomi eqp..

I've heard people repeatedly say that they dont do this for very pleb tier

Isn't the logging industry pretty big in Alberta and BC? I have a couple contacts out there while I work in environmental GIS and planning in the US. I thought they had something like man camps where you could earn your pay and move up to a pretty good pay grade after a few years cutting trees.

There's literally lawyers and university professors getting jobs with fake degrees in Canada - in recent news last month or so. There's fake doctor stories all the time.

How, then, is it impossible to fake experience of basic computer skills and using software you can learn using YouTube series?

I love how they left the thread as soon as I asked the hard questions. Fucking normies seriously. Whatever.

They want 10 years experience? I have 15. They want a bachelor's degree? I have two master's degrees now. Capitalism is a scam so we have to become scammers

It's the best quality for that price
You don't have many choices if you don't have money

arent canadian cities supposed to be denser with better public transit than most american cities? i can see being fucked for a job if you dont have a car here.

You know, for most HR managers they aren't looking for IQ within a potential candidate, but EQ. IQ is just a standard for which the applicant must meet to perform the basic functions of the job. IQ accounts for around 10% of the employer's decision to hire and/or promote whereas EQ accounts for like 90%.

Employers aren't looking for extremely smart people to work for them. They are looking for reasonably intelligent people that know how to control their own emotions and make others like them.

You're more willing to help somebody you like than somebody you dislike. You might even possibly perform dastardly acts to those that you don't....

OP you could easily get a job working the overnight shift with ex-cons loading chickens onto trucks at the factory farms. Pays well above the minimum.

>Capitalism is a scam so we have to become scammers
>Thinks he has what it takes to be a professional con man
You're just another ploppy. Show me your skills.

>Are you telling me I really can't learn Excel or QuickBooks or whatever software I need to use within the first 1-2 weeks on the job?
no, he's telling you that it would be pointless for employers to hire people that MAY be able to learn that shit, when people fresh out of college have it on record that they already do, in fact, have certain skills that are required for the job

If you're 30 minutes from Toronto public transit is nonexistent.

Then how do I become likeable by hiring managers?

What transferrable skills will that give me?

What is my career progression from plucking chickens? - Senior Executive Chicken Plucker?

>Then how do I become likeable by hiring managers?
I don't know. Suck their dicks or something.

That sounds like a moral argument in favour of lying on your resume then.

你好
are you the asian male who lives on a white country and often post on /sino/?

>What transferrable skills will that give me?
None. They offer transport to the farms, you do your job, keep your mouth shut about the animal cruelty that goes on out there, and get to earn an income that is lower-middle-class but better than working poor.

>What transferrable skills will that give me?
>What is my career progression from plucking chickens? - Senior Executive Chicken Plucker?
You were born 30 years too late, if you really think an employer is going to take you straight from high school and groom you into being some management type.
Either get a degree, or start your own business if you're so ambitious.

maybe to fake some computer certificates like word/excel training and light stuff like that, then yeah sure go ahead
however, it's pretty noticeable in most cases when people are faking anything from 1-year college certs on there resume
that's generally pretty risky too, because that's literal con artist tier and you will most likely get "blacklisted" in said industry or city

What if I were to put down fake startup companies on my resume, make legit looking websites for them and gave my friend's phone # and told him to answer any hiring calls talking about how good of a Finance officer or whatever I was?

Or perhaps the same but with burner phones and ask family members to give a good word?

I mean seriously there's a POOjeet that got a job at a law firm two weeks ago with no degree before getting found out and the chink getting buttblasted over it, so there's gotta be a way to get a basic wagie job.

I'd say that situation would truly be 50/50
the actual reference from a previous employer is really only half of what they want, the prestige/reputtion of the establishments you were at is also taken into account m8
that's why even when people fluff their resume with BS job references thay still generally use well-known companies that have gone out of business (reputation of previous establishment with a smaller chance of being called out on it)
but honestly, unless you would be willing to move to another city if it doesn't go well, i really wouldn't recommend completely BSing on your resume, people in companies are trained to pick up on that kind of shit

Get IT training and certification.

I'd be willing to move to a new country I dont give a shit man I'm done with this life I just want to make it

>trained to pick up on that shit
Apparently not very fucking well trained given the statistics on how many people lie on their resume about both experience and education.

If I get in I wouldn't lie forever, I'd work as entry-level cuck for 1-2 years then change companies and only use my real experience on it.

if you know how to make legit looking websites then you can get a job doing that

look up the websites for every business in your area
if there are none or of low quality offer to make a new one for free
if you can get one, use that as an example to get a paid job

No

I'm just saying making up some BS company and including a BS reference won't get you that far
when an employer sees your only reference with transferable skills in an irrelevant company with no reputation or financial footprint, they'll usually just toss it pham
most likely you'll get picked up by companies with low standards for entry level jobs, which are usually the kind of entry level jobs where you'll get treated like shit
and even if you gradually hop from job to job moving up in payscale and quality of the job, by then you'd have
>done the exact same grind as everyone else to get up to a meh tier job at best
>a resume full of one or two years at a job, which no employer likes because turnover is a pretty costly thing
you'll basically have a slight advantage at getting into a shit tier job, and then move up the ladder after that just as slow as everyone else
it's best to actually have some sort of proper certification or college diploma at least to be picked up by a reputable company in the first place
the people you see leaving school and finding good jobs right away are probably because they spent half of their school time networking and fishing for job prospects

and no, you will most likely not move countries, as
>with no proper post-sec. education and little financial capital, few countries will actually want you
>companies hiring outside of their own nation to canadians will most likely want the best possible candidates for the job and will most likely have a higher criteria for employees than local businesses

I have a dual citizenship, I could very easily say fuck it out I'm out and go live in glorious shithole with the wealth I've amassed.

But yeah what you're saying makes sense. I intend to get a University degree eventually but in the meantime I want a wagepleb job that actually pays above minimum wage and is not slave labour.

Honestly I think I might just say I have some useless college diploma + some experience doing menial office labour. This is not only unlikely to be verified but they will not expect any skills I cant easily learn.

Also the thing about turnover not looking good you said... I've heard otherwise. -- that for optimal salary increases you should switch jobs every 2 years or so IIRC[1][2]

[1] fastcompany.com/3055035/you-should-plan-on-switching-jobs-every-three-years-for-the-rest-of-your-

[2] linkedin.com/pulse/why-you-need-quit-your-job-every-two-years-dele-smith

And more

Bump.

Bump.