None of the side-characters fleshed out at all besides a 2 minute conversation in a ditch

> None of the side-characters fleshed out at all besides a 2 minute conversation in a ditch

> Linear and completely predictable storyline

> Dialogue was nothing special

> Japanese were never given any more depth than just mindless kill-bots

> 1/3 of the movie was spent on a pointless love story

Yeah, I didn't like it either.

Yeah I finally saw this last night, bought the bluray and everything. I love history/war films. But you're right this movie sucks. It has flashes of excellence here and there, but overall it brought nothing new. it's actually laughable compared to The Pacific in terms of effects, and pretty much everything else. I couldn't help but keep thinking of Windtalkers during some of the battle scenes. That's not a good thing. Very disappointed in this movie, will not be surprised one bit if it doesn't win any Oscars.

>b-but ourguy!!!

Sup Forums proven wrong yet again

I realized just how ridiculous this movie is when they showed the ridge and the rope ladder. Then I settled back and accepted it as a ludicrous, if boring, stylized war movie complete with that fucking BAR scene and people doing judo flips through the air.

It would be a great movie if the beginning were more of a parody of war kino's basic training scenes.

That's because the japs weren't the main part of the story. And you can say that about a lot of kino war movies. There was that scene with him in the tunnel and with a jap which was nice. You may be forgetting this is based on the true story which revolves mostly him overcoming discrimination.

>And you can say that about a lot of kino war movies

Thats why they suck and are rarely made anymore

Even though that's what actually happened. I swear you didn't actually watch the film.

>were more of a parody of war kino's basic training scenes.

I was expecting it to be like that after they way they introduced all the soldiers in the barracks, but then it just kept taking itself super seriously.

They don't suck. And there is a lot of war movies in the making ready to come out in the next few years

>I was expecting it to be like that after they way they introduced all the soldiers in the barracks

1) That did probably happen and they were most likely like that

2)that's how "alpha males" are in real life. Do you not go outside much?

aye its easily Mel's weakest to date.

Gonna be pretty difficult to top Apocolypto too.

Name 3

>BASED ON THE INCREDIBLE TRUE STORY

>Japanese were never given any more depth than just mindless kill-bots

So you're just a butthurt jap/weeb, got it

>cucksaw ridge: a true american hero

Stop being racist

What. This reads like nonsense

Well this is subjective but. There is apocalypse now, saving private Ryan, shindlers list, the pianist, inglorious bastards, fury.

Why? And if it's because I've used the wrong were/where then go fuck yourself. You don't have an argument. Otherwise you would have response with one. I'm going to sleep now. If this thread is still up when I get up I'll reply to whatever you have to say

I mean what are the ones coming out.

And imo warfilms should be about battles, shindlers list, the pianist and even inglorious bastards don't really count.

>> Linear and completely predictable storyline
Movies arn't video games with multiple endings you dummy

What the heck did you just say about me, you little honey bun? iI’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Cutie Patooties, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret tweets on Daddy Trump, and I have over 300 confirmed snookims. I am trained in butter biscuits and I’m the top sweetie in the entire US sugar doodles. You are nothing to me but just another Daddy. I will cuddle you the heck out with warmth the likes of which has never been felt before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying that dookie doo to me over the Internet? Think again, cutie. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Mommies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the huggie wuggies, deary. The huggies that wipes out the silly little thing you call your meanie doodles. You’re in trouble, Daddy. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can tweet you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in butter boops, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Cutie Wooties Fruity Tooties and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your widdle face, you little cutie pie. If only you could have known what huggie wuggies your little “tweetie weetie” was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your mouthy wouthy. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, honey buns. I will wiggle woop all over you and you will drown in it. You’re really sweet, honey.

>> Japanese were never given any more depth than just mindless kill-bots

That's exactly what they were though user

War films and films set during a war are not the same thing

It just makes absolutely no sense given the post you replied to you moron. Retype it in complete sentences

battle of kiska movie when

Alaska is fucking brutal, no idea why anyone lives there.

You'd think it was a fucking comedy from some of these scenes

>And imo warfilms should be about battles, shindlers list, the pianist and even inglorious bastards don't really count.

The genre is war. But the ones coming out are Dunkirk, top gun 2 (again it's classed as a war film). There was a thread about it yesterday or the day before and I can't be bothered to find them now but there was quite a few. But you won't count them as war films, probably.

Nah fuck off m8. You know what I put dickhead.

>implying japs weren't just mindless killbots
Shaemfur dispray

There wasn't enough Hugo Weaving.

Check'm

Based Mel is back!

Found the fat weeb.

Decent film, but nothing remarkable. It's really nice to see a clichéd genuine "honest" movie about the human spirit once in a while though.

what do you think the average interaction with a japanese soldier was exactly? I don't think you realize just how fucked up the japanese empire was. Plus you had the moment in the tunnel so your point isn't even valid.

Daily reminder nearly everyone who dislikes this movie are just people who watched a few webms and wrote it off.

The first two acts were agonizing user.