Why is this kid never called up to the national team? He's 17 years old in Barcelona's U19s...

Why is this kid never called up to the national team? He's 17 years old in Barcelona's U19s. He's not even called into the US U17 or US U20 teams. I'm a bit confused. Why do we never even hear news stories about him playing/scoring? I feel like the media is usually all over this kind of stuff, especially since he's the first American in La Masia.

Other urls found in this thread:

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-sayaka-akimoto-s-nipple-pbkketn/answers/new.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because he's shit, and now belongs to Poland

he's a ((()))

La Memesia is a meme and you fell for it even after they haven't produced anyone good or world class in 10 years.

He recently acquired a Polish passport. He’s theirs now.

Pulisic has a Croatian passport, that doesn't mean anything.

Am I the only one who has noticed that we have a large number of promising kids in european academies and senior squads? Let me see if I can list the best ones
>Pulisic - Dortmund
>McKennie - Schalke
>Miazga - Chelsea (on loan)
>Carter-Vickers - Spurs (on loan)
>Palmer-Brown - Man City (will go on loan)
>Parks - Benfica
>Moore - Levante
>Wright - Schalke
>Taitague - Schalke
>Sabbi - Las Palmas
>de la Torre - Fulham
>Scott - Chelsea
>Olosunde - Man United
>Weah - PSG
>Dest - Ajax
>Akale - Villareal
>Perez - Fiorentina
>Klinsmann - Hertha Berlin
>Sargent - Werder Bremen
Some are more promising than others but from a list of a dozen, it looks like even if only a third of them pan out, we will have a decent team.

Won't that just be for easier registration in EU competitions?

that's a phat pusy

LMAO YUROPEDOS

Except for the entire 2010 world cup winning Spanish national team

La Masia is a meme

>Why is this kid never called up to the national team?

>He's 17 years old

congrats you answered your own question

But for the US youth national teams? They wouldn't at least notice it?

For me, it's Ben Lader.

Who that?

I mentioned the U17s and U20s... obviously he isn't going to be called up the senior team.

a third of youngsters dont pan out

La Masia has only produced one GOAT

people think it's so great because Messi came out of it, but the second best goalscorer to come out was (after Messi)... Cesc Fiberglass. Trash.

I know that it's a numbers game but the more prospects we develop and send over to european clubs and academies the better our chances are of having good players in european clubs.

some literal who who's now holds a Polish passport to bypass FIFA regulations

That 2010 group was composed of La Masia's greatests talents who were in the youth academies of the late 90s and early 2000s. Take a look at La Masia's graduates after the early 2000s and tell me if any of them scream world class.

>Entire

>Iniesta
>Puyol
>Pique
>Bisquets

Four players is still impressive but far away from the "entire" squad

nobody gives a fuck about literal children

we've struck gold if this kid is anywhere near fabregas level.

nobody knows if lederman will be good or not. its too early to tell. if anyone is making any claims they're talking out or their ass.

but i agree with the op premise, the media should be giving this kid more attention just because it's interesting and there's potential.

i feel the same way about joshua pynadath, who, as far as i know, has no way to get an eu passport

But Joshua Pynadath went to Madrid and is now at Ajax. Doesn't he have a passport?

>Xavi

if you have a great youth squad that wins a world cup or continental competition you're lucky if 1 or 2 make it to regular A team players

Sweden's U21 won the European Championship. Out of that eleven only Lindelöf and Augustinsson (2/11) have made it to the national teams senior eleven. On club level only Lindelöf have ended up in one of Europe's top club, and several of these talents have very mediocre careers at the moment considering that they once won probably the toughest youth tournament there is.

I really don't understand how most of the youths in U21 cups just fade out of existence. like what happens? who replaces them in normal teams? the fact that they made the squad was supposed to cement them as rising stars

>who replaces them in normal teams

Players who started at bad clubs and got transfers to mediocre clubs and then transferred again until they found their level

Everyone crying about their 17 and 18 year olds being called in the men NT.
You need to be a professional to play at that level. There are literally a few exceptions in 17, 18 , 19s being called in the men's NT.
Youth National Teams exist for a reason mate.

Miazga is HORRIFIC

But why isn't he called into youth national teams then?

Guidetti wasn't in that squad? Is this the same team that bantered off Kurzawa?

bump to this.

What happens to youth who "dont pan out?" Do they just stop playin? Do they go to obscure leagues or secondary leagues of the top 5 in euro?

bunp

If they were good enough to win the tournaments they don't usually end up dropping out completely but it can vary
Some can get overlooked from NT but still have successful careers, like Defoe for England, while many have just seemed ultra promising before settling for a lesser level

Guidetti is not a starter for the NT. He's barely a sub. Certainly not the first one in from the bench.

why haven't you given up on Wheelchair?

>He's 17 years old in Barcelona's U19s.
Looks barely 14 to me. I wonder if I'll ever learn to correctly gauge people's age.

His mom relocated to Madrid and then later to Amsterdam for work, which fifa rules say allow him to join local youth academies

Because he's our only midfielder that knows how to pass forward without hoofing it over the top

>Xavi
>Valdés
>Pedro
You may want to pick up your head, Pedro

Depends what level really. At U17 2 is about right, but under 21 you should expect a handful to make the senior squad and a few to be regular starters.

Look at Spain's U21 side from 2011
>Mata
>Azpilicueta
>Herrera
>Thiago
>De Gea

Then the runners up Switzerland from the same year
>Sommer
>Xhaka
>Shaqiri
>Mehmedi
>Frei
And Rodriguez would have probably been a member of that squad, if he weren't already getting senior callups.

Then there's the England squad from the same tournament
>Rose
>Bertrand
>Walker
>one of Smalling or Jones usually gets called up
>Henderson
>Welbeck or Sturridge whenever they're fit

>villa
he was signed in may, before the worldcup

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-sayaka-akimoto-s-nipple-pbkketn/answers/new.html

They were over coddled and lose motivation when nobody is sucking their dick and they have to fight to get contracts, most of them never really enjoyed football anyway

t. went to school with some of them

The top of the cream doesn't get called to the youth national teams, they have more important stuff to do

Also the U21/19/17 don't play the players with the best potential, they roster early bloomers, the less the age the more this is the case.
Most of the players that shine today were pretty shit when they were young because they weren't early bloomers