Is this movie actually good or is just something tryhards pretend to like to seem smart?

is this movie actually good or is just something tryhards pretend to like to seem smart?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/60885578
youtu.be/XRh2L7tJqcI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unironically one of the best films ever made.

I didn't like it and I didn't get it.

It is just a meme movie

lynch's worst outside of maybe Dune.

Mulholland Drive does literally everything better and isn't 5 hours long

I's not a movie. It's a fever dream.

don't worry user we won't tell anyone you are stupid.

It's more of an experience than a movie. And it's his best at that.

the most boring movie ive ever watched, much worse than my dinner with andre

unironically one of the worst films ever made

it's literally unwatchable at 1x speed.

I have a legit question. What did Lynch mean by this?

I do like it, but I don't think there's anything exceptionally "smart" about it. It definitely has a very narrow appeal and I wouldn't recommend it to most people, it's easy to understand why most wouldn't like it.

Lynch's whole "dream logic" style is just interesting and entertaining to me. Laura Dern's performance is great. And it's not just random bullshit, there's a legitimate character study here, but that's not really the draw. It's all about that "pure subconscious" style

Sure it's pleb in here.

just watched Mulholland Dr for the first time ay

I thought it was boring the first time I watched it but it gets better with each subsequent viewing. The ending is one of the funniest things I've seen in a movie.

why don't you watch it and find out retard.

trying to decipher meaning from IE is an exercise in futility. Even Lynch doesn't know.

>Mulholland Drive does literally everything better
this, it also has the perk of not feeling like a home vid

I found out not long ago that those freaky rabbit scenes are actually another Lynch short film (and they were supposed to be a miniseries that gotcut down or some shit)
this is literal nightmare fuel
vimeo.com/60885578

I like the home video look.

We're overdue for Rabbits season 2.

it's kino
youtu.be/XRh2L7tJqcI

Interesting piece of art, not an enjoyable narrative film.

Apparently he filmed scenes at random then made sense of them afterward.

Not entirely
>When we began there wasn't any Inland Empire, there wasn't anything. I just bumped into Laura Dern on the street, discovering that she was my new neighbor. I hadn't seen her for a long time and she said, "David, we've got to do something together again," and I said, "We sure do. Maybe I'll write something for you and maybe we'll do it as an experiment for the Internet," and she said, "Fine."
>So I wrote a 14-page monologue and Laura memorized all 14 pages, and it was about a 70-minute take and she was so phenomenal. I couldn't release it on the Internet because it was too good and it drove me crazy because there was something about this that held a secret for more and I would ponder over this thing and something more would emerge, and that would lead to another scene but I wouldn't know what in the world it was and it didn't really make much sense. But then another idea would come for another scene, and maybe this one, the third one, was very far removed from the first two, even though the second was quite a jump from the first.

>One day we were getting ready to shoot a scene called "The Little House" which involved Laura and my friend Krzysztof, an actor from Poland. Krzysztof arrived in Los Angeles fresh from Poland and the Camerimage gang brought him over to my house. When he got out the car he was wearing these goofy glasses, and he smiled and pointed to the glasses so I got the idea that he planned to wear these things in the scene and I said, “No, no, no Krzysztof,” and he said, “I need a prop, I need a thing.”
>So I went into my office and opened up the cupboard and saw a little piece of broken tile, I saw a rock, and I saw a red light bulb, but very transparent like a Christmas light. I took these things out and offered him a choice. “Take one of these Krzysztof,” and he picked up the bulb. I put the other things away, I wasn’t gonna let him have those anymore, I just gave him the bulb. So we went out to the small house and Krzysztof came out from behind a tree with the red bulb in his mouth, and that’s how we shot the scene.

>So one thing led to another. I really had this feeling that if there’s a unified field, there must be a unity between the Christmas tree bulb and this man from Poland who came in wearing these strange glasses. It’s interesting to see how these unrelated things live together and it gets your mind working. How do these things relate when they seem so far apart? It conjures up a third thing that almost unifies those first two. It’s a struggle to see how this unity in the midst of diversity could go to work. The ocean is the unity and these things float on it. And I thought, “Well obviously, there’s got to be a way these relate ‘cause of this great unified field.” There couldn’t be a fragment that doesn’t relate to everything. It’s all kinda one thing I felt.
>So I had high hopes that there would be a unity emerging, that I would see the way things all related one to another. But it wasn’t until halfway through that suddenly, I saw a kind of form that would unite the rest, everything that had come before, and that was a big day. That was a good day because I could pretty much say that it would be a feature film.

There are a whole lot of red lamps in the movie.

Interesting, thanks.

I think David Lynch's wife is the one in the back right corner.

What did he mean by this?

It had terrifying atmosphere but it still wasn't interesting till end, most watchers will drop off before half of the film