ITT: Discussing Solutions to One Post Threads

Can we get some kind of Petition started in order to display how many posts are made by the OP when you hover your mouse over threads? I'm sick of seeing these slide threads that not only typically violate the sticky that's been up for years and has apparently been forgotten about, but also have become much more prevalent in the last few months (at least from what I've noticed).

That way, when browsing the pages or the catalog, you don't have to jump into a thread to check. I believe it's a pretty solid indicator that it's a slide thread if there have been over 50-100 posts and the OP hasn't said shit; just posted something to keep the board in a circle jerk rather than discussing more Sup Forums based subjects.

I think it would be a good way to help keep people from jumping into shill/slide threads and would benefit the board even more so when it becomes common practice amongst the people that frequent Sup Forums

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca
web.archive.org/web/20060623230746/http://www.chetlyzarko.com/bamn-terror.html
snopes.com/2015/06/25/luke-massie-smith/
youtu.be/Ou_XUHgnNNI?t=3m55s
jewishworldreview.com/cols/fund112006.php3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if i make a thread, why do i have to sit there and samefag it?

>1 post by this id

kek

Why else even start a thread other than to discuss or partake in some way? Otherwise youre just shitposting...

EBIN MAYMAY XDDD!!!11!!

Pic related is where I mean by OP

Reminder that they have caught on and now often make 2 or 3 posts early in the thread.

Bump

Either way, If I come to some absurd thread and see 200 replies and nothing more than one or two from the OP that are nothing more than smuganime.jpeg or some meme-tier shit, I'm gonna sage.

BTW, I am the one who pointed this out and made generals about is for days following the Orlando shooting.

Reply to the OP, point out what is going on, sage and report.

Thanks britbro

I know, read what I just posted.

I've been using the Sup Forums X filter to combat this, if you use it effectively you can filter a good 80% of shill threads. You can use the native Sup Forums filter just as effectively too.

mfw i was op

What's the X filter? I've never actually used the filter unless there was a surge of some new meme or reall since the sticky first came out.

At one point the mods were good about getting those spam posts like
>redpill me on X
And the like. but not for a while....

Kill yourself

I RESPOND TO ONE POST THREADS WITH THIS PETITION. WHICH ACTUALLY SEEMS TO WORK, THEY CREATE NEW ONES IMMEDIATELY.

SIGN THIS PETITION: change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca

THEY WILL COME FOR YOU: web.archive.org/web/20060623230746/http://www.chetlyzarko.com/bamn-terror.html

THEY ARE UNASHAMED TO BRAG ABOUT IT: snopes.com/2015/06/25/luke-massie-smith/

> Your home in ashes, your starving children strewn about you half-dead and sobbing, packs of vicious wild dogs roaming the streets of once-happy American suburbs feeding off the weak, the cities burning on the horizon and the ground rumbling underfoot from the Chinese tanks out enforcing the new government's mandatory curfew.

> And always, through the din of screams and smoke and jackboots marching in unison, above it all you hear Obama laughing. It's been three weeks since you've had anything but pages torn from the family bible to eat. Your feet ache; your shoes have long ago been stolen by roving gangs of armed minorities and the tattered strips of the American flag you've bound them in do little to stop the cold, let alone the blisters.

THEY STABBED INNOCENTS IN SACRAMENTO, AND WERE KNOWN TO THREATEN OTHERS WITH KNIVES:
youtu.be/Ou_XUHgnNNI?t=3m55s

jewishworldreview.com/cols/fund112006.php3

> Just last June Ms. Gratz filed a report with Detroit police accusing Luke Massie, national chairman of the activist group By Any Means Necessary, of displaying a knife during a heated confrontation outside a state civil rights meeting. "It was one of several attempts to either intimidate me or attack my character," she said yesterday in an interview after a speech she gave at the National Association of Scholars meeting in Boston. She said Mr. Massie had a knife in his right pants pocket and toyed with it, pulling it halfway out of his pants but not drawing its blade. Mr. Massie denies the allegation.

HERE'S ANOTHER POST BY THIS ID

>those weak punches

I signed, bro

bump for interest

And the cops just stand there as the guy gets assaulted.

To be fair, they did get their just very slowly. I wish our law enforcement officers had mandatory physical fitness test twice a year...

Youve copy pasted this 5x now.

remove the embeds you idiot lol

>highlight rare flag

My nigga...

Is this a program or an extension? How do I acquire this?

remember to post this whenever you have identified a shill or slide thread.

its 4chanX, read the image.

It's an extension on Chrome if you use that, I think they support other browsers too but I'm not sure

It's called "Sup Forums X" on the Chrome web store, and is free of course!

Check it out nigga, eighty-something shill threads automatically hidden with my current filter settings. Sometimes it exceeds 100, especially when a thread regarding Clinton is posted.

paste your filter please

See and

Nice! thanks!

That's legit. Thanks for the info, user.

>Petition started
newfag

No problem famalamadingdong

btw, do you know how to find the number of posts by this ID when using 4chanX

shillfag

I'm not sure, I usually just ctrl+f and paste the ID in the search bar

It would be so much better if there was a filter script that filtered OP's with one post on ID boards, though

why not let a filter general on all boards that have spam problems? that way everyone is up to date on the newest bullshit

Did the fucking admins remove that option? You used to be able to hover over the ID to see how many posts they made, but after the "1 post by this id" meme started calling out shills a couple weeks ago the option was removed.

>>>rules/global/3

If you're still lurking, could you copy paste those filter settings for us? I'm shit at coding and that looks like it'll take me forever to copy...

>Can we get some kind of Petition
Let me guess. You're a newfag and you want things done your way, because this is how it is in your other favorite site, or ego, or whatever bullshit reason.

Well, it ain't gonna happen.

If we start doing finicky shit like that, it opens the floodgates to other more restrictive shit and leftist/fascist-like faggotry. Sup Forums (perhaps only Sup Forums) is the last bastion of the Internet where you can convey your ideas your own way, even if it's just in one post. No stupid suggestions, like yours, will infringe on that.

If you're from Reddit or some other godforsaken containment site and if you don't like the way things are done here, then just go back. No one's keeping you here.

And yes, this will be "1 post by this ID".

I'd like to see a /r9k/ type script that only applies to thread creation but rather than muting people it would automatically delete the thread.

>1 post by this ID
it's still there, OP made 12

# Sup Forums Filters:

/^.+$/;boards:pol;op:only
/^.*$/;boards:pol;op:only

/mean by this/i;boards:pol;op:only
/>be me/i;boards:pol;op:only
/really makes you think/i;boards:pol;op:only
/really makes me think/i;boards:pol;op:only
/drumpf/i;boards:pol;op:only /even compete/i;boards:pol;op:only
/wants to deport/i;boards:pol;op:only /BTFO/i;boards:pol;op:only

highlight:/rare flag/i;boards:pol

>Subject Filters:

/BTFO/i;boards:pol;op:yes
/really makes you think/i;boards:pol;op:yes
/mean by this/i;boards:pol;op:yes
/drumpf/i;boards:pol;op:yes
/even compete/i;boards:pol;op:yes

>Comment Filters:

/^.+$/;boards:pol;op:only
/^.*$/;boards:pol;op:only
/mean by this/i;boards:pol;op:only
/drumpf/i;boards:pol;op:only
/even compete/i;boards:pol;op:only
/wants to deport/i;boards:pol;op:only
/BTFO/i;boards:pol;op:only

Enjoy lad!

It was already implemented before and they got rid of it... Why not bring it back to combat the bullshit shilling everyone knows is going on?

>Let me guess. You're a newfag
typical faggot shit, to no suprise

>And yes, this will be "1 post by this ID".
I'm sure it will be. Because you just came here to hit my post with your "don't get rid of us shills!" bullshit as a means to try and derail the thread. again, typical faggot shit with a sprinkle of shill added.

Cry elsewhere

THAAAAANK YOU. Have a rare, m8

PRAISE KEK

I have them all plugged in. Not sure if it's working though... Haven't really seen anything gget blocked like you have exampled in your pic

Try refreshing the page

meant for

Ye i refreshed the catalog. let me screenshot and maybe you can spot a mistake if you don't mind

Go ahead, I'll be here m8

and the other

"1 Post by This ID" vs "Samefag"

Pick one you autistic faggots

I bet the sliders buy Sup Forums passes, so they can samefag with VPNs

Sadly, Sup Forums has a financial interest in catering to these people, not trying to stop them.

Anyone found to be VPN samefagging their own threads, on a board with thread specific IDs, should be labelled a samefagger in the OP of every thread they create.

Looks good so far, but you're missing some of the filters in , including the rest of the comment filters should get the hidden thread number up into the eighties

Other than that it looks perfect!

>1.00 dicks have been deposited into your mouth

Having an ID prevents samefagging, fuckwit. Whats the point in starting a thread that's usually off topic then abandoning the thread? I'll give you some hints:

>Shitposting
>Shillposting

They don't need passes even, they can use the mobile wifi trick

>including the rest of the comment filters should get the hidden thread number up into the eighties

What do you mean?

IF THE THREAD STINKS - JUST DON'T POST!

In your cap in you only had 4 filters so far

Including these along with those 4 should help:

/drumpf/i;boards:pol;op:only
/even compete/i;boards:pol;op:only
/wants to deport/i;boards:pol;op:only
/BTFO/i;boards:pol;op:only

im pretty sure the threads are being samefagged, by the OP, with a bunch of IP addresses. thats why there is only 1 post by him. he has already abandoned the IP he started the shitpost with and moved on to a new one so he can bump it with more shitposts.

Gotcha. Theyre applied. Thanks for the walk through bro.

>be me
>use 4G mobile to start reasonable thread discussing a current political topic
>switch to PC on home wifi to discuss with others in the thread
what's your problem with this OP?

Not sure why but mine doent actually tell me what is being filter as in your pic

Do you really think thats the case all the time? EVERY SINGLE TIME?

I doubt it, my dude

I know it's in the Sup Forums X settings, I tried looking but my tired brain can't find it, sorry lad.

I think it's in the "Filtering" section of the main settings IIRC

But I wish you the best of luck because I have to go to bed, goodnight and happy fourth my nigga!

>24 posts by this ID

Good thread

Thanks dude. happy 4th!

holy fuck bro, you're using both of my self made pepe's thank you for spreading it bro
(i have no proof, but trust me, i made those)

Lol! I knew they were rare! I remembered you posting them the other night in some reasonably empty thread!

ye senpai, nice to run into u again lol

Hell yea; thanks for the ffresh OC

It's reptiles - no really, the top jews are reptiles.

Here, while you're at it, take this dimension-traveling pepe, also OC :)

breddy gud m8. What do you use to make them?

p-p-p-photoshop brother

but im a poorfag, otherwise id be an OC machine

thank you for rare pepe

Just ignore them

no problem bro, here, take some more, also creations of mine:
just get a cracked version bro

I can't into computers good enough. I don't trust many sites and I also don't trust uTorrent anymore, Which is where i usually turned to get stuff

But i can use paint :^)

>bored in college OC coming in HOT

Threads should go to autosage if OP doesnt respond to another post for 5 minutes.

I'd say maybe 20 min, but I kinda like that idea

Here bro, lemme help you out :)

My fucking sides, man

save it, it's all yours my friend

Why do you call it a slide thread

And why are they doing this to us

Read the pic in