Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca
web.archive.org/web/20060623230746/http://www.chetlyzarko.com/bamn-terror.html
snopes.com/2015/06/25/luke-massie-smith/
youtu.be/Ou_XUHgnNNI?t=3m55s
jewishworldreview.com/cols/fund112006.php3
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjfLxyxVTljEUM39gkSHAPUH_xtoAK3Ur
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I try sometimes but I'm not very good at it. Definitely worth getting into, though.

Isn't meditation itself just breathing control in general?

Literally sitting down and taking deep breaths while emptying your mind is all you need to do.

Literally fuck you mods
If my thread wasn't good enough for you it's fine, but neither is this thread

I MEDITATE ON THE SENSELESSNESS OF LIBERAL VIOLENCE EVERY DAY

SIGN THIS PETITION: change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca

THEY WILL COME FOR YOU: web.archive.org/web/20060623230746/http://www.chetlyzarko.com/bamn-terror.html

THEY ARE UNASHAMED TO BRAG ABOUT IT: snopes.com/2015/06/25/luke-massie-smith/

> Your home in ashes, your starving children strewn about you half-dead and sobbing, packs of vicious wild dogs roaming the streets of once-happy American suburbs feeding off the weak, the cities burning on the horizon and the ground rumbling underfoot from the Chinese tanks out enforcing the new government's mandatory curfew.

> And always, through the din of screams and smoke and jackboots marching in unison, above it all you hear Obama laughing. It's been three weeks since you've had anything but pages torn from the family bible to eat. Your feet ache; your shoes have long ago been stolen by roving gangs of armed minorities and the tattered strips of the American flag you've bound them in do little to stop the cold, let alone the blisters.

THEY STABBED INNOCENTS IN SACRAMENTO, AND WERE KNOWN TO THREATEN OTHERS WITH KNIVES:
youtu.be/Ou_XUHgnNNI?t=3m55s

jewishworldreview.com/cols/fund112006.php3

> Just last June Ms. Gratz filed a report with Detroit police accusing Luke Massie, national chairman of the activist group By Any Means Necessary, of displaying a knife during a heated confrontation outside a state civil rights meeting. "It was one of several attempts to either intimidate me or attack my character," she said yesterday in an interview after a speech she gave at the National Association of Scholars meeting in Boston. She said Mr. Massie had a knife in his right pants pocket and toyed with it, pulling it halfway out of his pants but not drawing its blade. Mr. Massie denies the allegation.

Yes, daily. 5min, post AM shower. Been extremely helpful in finding more focus.

I do it to focus myself sometimes, never for any transcendental stuff though.

Yea, used to be super hard, but now all I do is pay attentiom to my surroundings/thoughts/sensations, rather than attempting to clear my mind. I also find this much more beneficial.

nah, shit's placebo
time would be better spent stretching and then exercising

I do

Sounds like someone needs to meditate. Certain activities can help with getting your mind off of frustration, such as stacking bricks and building a wall between yourself and the negativity.

Catholic fag pls.

Take your pope mary worship shit somewhere else...

I didn't mean to intrude on a 'white people pretend to be Buddhist' thread.

I have done so. It has helped in some ways.

Though I think I'm tormented by demons, some say meditating opens yourself up to them. So I've been a bit hesitant lately.

Started talking with a catholic priest at local parish to see if it makes a difference. Should I get an exorcism?

You should see a therapist first. A priest would tell you the same thing.

noice. I made this wallpaper to learn the rosary.

The key is to not have ANY distractions.
As little sound as possible is a rule of thumb, so if cars are always zooming by outside your house, for example, go out into the woods or something.

what the fuck

It's more attention control than it is breathing control. The point of the breath is to furnish an object of concentration. You concentrate on it.

My form of meditation is taking a big greasy shit.

Seriously, sit in a silent house, silent bathroom and just let your dook slide out, pondering the mysteries of man.

You wipe, and feel clear and focused.

Dooking for clarity!

30+ minutes everyday and your mental illness will be cured.

Catholicism & the Papal Echelon is the Antichrist system user -- it's plain as day.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjfLxyxVTljEUM39gkSHAPUH_xtoAK3Ur

Protestantism has been infected by the Jesuit infiltrators and is entirely tainted by the fags, God's church is a remnant.

I've had counselling for years. PTSD.

I've tried various meds but they are often worse for me.

In a nutshell, sleep paralysis and shadow people.

I've tried everything in the book, used to be anti-religion, then I read the try prayer / jesus christ name thing. No one was more surprised than me when it seemed to work.

For someone studying biomedical science I am more shocked and confused than you might understand.

But it works, and it's helped since saying a protective prayer each night.

Yup, I do, a lot. It's pretty great what it does for you and the power of the mind when unshackled from habitual patterns is truly awesome. But eventually you hit the dark night of the soul, and you then you have a lot of negative emotions to experience. That's where I'm at now.

Nah, it's a lot of things. Some meditations alter the breath, some focus on it, some types focus on body sensations, and certain types utilize visualizations. There's thousands of techniques out there, often with different results.

Wrong, there are scientifically proven benefits that come with meditation.

Sleep paralysis & shadow people. Particularly when I'm stressed.

It's not a fun experience.

I still remember one time when I semi woke up / dreaming and the beings were standing at the foot of my bed. I tried compassionate meditation, sending my love, acceptance, and compassion towards them. They "looked" at me and responded with equivalent of "good for you buddy". This shocked me.

Yet when I invoke "God's" name the event will halt immediately.

It sounds but fuck crazy and I'd not believe the shit unless I lived it. It's fucking tormenting.

Well maybe you should talk to a priest then. It wouldn't hurt. I don't know much about demons and exorcism aside that the church doesn't take that stuff lightly. You don't have to be Catholic to get one.

Yes.

Absolutely not, controlling your breath requires effort and meditation essentially works by being effortless. You're meant to watch your breath but not control it.

>emptying your mind
Closer to truth, but still no.

It's about being mindful of your bodily and mental sensations, you're meant to watch them too but make little attempt to control them unless they're distracting and drawing effort. Then you're meant to set them aside lightly, usually by focusing on watching your breath.

Self awareness is the goal.

Try for 20 minutes.

Eventually you'll get to a stage where it simply becomes part of your lifestyle, on public transport, at the gym, whilst sipping coffee.

I don't call myself Buddhist. I call myself a Christian. Meditation is secular, even atheists can meditate.

It doesn't. Demons don't really exist how you believe they do; studying is more likely to open yourself up to true possession, meditation is simply more likely to increase your self awareness. Someone who meditates is more likely to become critical of their own thoughts, feelings and actions, but this doesn't mean their thoughts, feelings and actions suddenly became wrong.

Let's keep this from being please.

No, the key is to manage the distractions, life exists with distractions everywhere. Then again, I'm preaching mindfulness, not mindlessness. I could even preach Tantric, which is essentially losing yourself in one big distraction, usually a deity, god or ancestor.

if you have the time please watch my videos, the Catholic church was corrupt from the start, it's literally in coherence with every basis of the Babylonian mystery religion cult, it's a Luciferian establishment construct designed to confuse & mislead people

I have guys like you posting that shit every time I come our as a Catholic on this site. Here's your (you) now leave me alone.

It's not that bad of an inconvenience to be replied to user, you don't have to get so mad at people who are worried about you, or disagree with you -- you have a lifetime to research anything you want, I'm just giving you links that you might be interested in, you dont have to get all angry or whatever

I'm not seeking yous, but I guess its nice you noticed, really though, check out those videos if you find yourself bored an have nothing to do

no thats a complete waste of time you hippy retard

Yeah I spoke with one the other day, they are meant to get back to me this week with an appointment. Though I'm hoping just a re-engagement of faith is enough to prevent any night terrors from returning.

So strange to have such a big 180 flip of my beliefs. Hard to talk about it with friends too when it all sounds so crazy.

It'd be interesting to see what they have to say.

I used to do the asian one but changed it to the catholic exam of consciense because and praying because i felt i was ignoring problems instead of solving them.

Yes, many call it woo woo shit, but it allows you to disidentify with thoughts and see the world from a more opened perspective, and the implications of that on emotional wellbeing and focus are there.

When you understand that fundamentally you are the awareness behind your experience and not any specific form of experience, you have greater understanding for other peoples suffering due to understanding the mechanics of suffering itself.

keked into orbit, happy 4th burger

Perhaps I'll write up the story sometime if I get a conclusion worth sharing.

Priests are the psychiatrists of the old user, just like how they replaced mediums and oracles.

>Demons don't really
People is exposed subtle worlds, to a greater or lesser extent because they are part of it, "demons" this generalized mystical a definition of this exposure to negative polarity.
> Someone who meditates is more likely to become critical of their own thoughts..
Human thoughts and emotions, it is part of his mental nature, meditation allows you to rise above the level of mental, wrong to think that meditation is just one of the emotional states. Mystical experiences in meditation is a consequence of the migration of consciousness to higher levels and negative experiences with the "demons" and stuff like that is a consequence of the lack of readiness of man to this reconfiguration, in the moral and a spiritual sense.