Insects belong on pizza? Finland: YES!

iltalehti.fi/kotimaa/201709222200410920_u0.shtml

Kotipizza a Finnish owned pizza chain with long history, a chain that is still running after most of Finnish pizza industry was taken over by Turkish businesses, spoke to the press the very same day when insects were allowed as food that they will bring a cricket pizza to their menu.

Antti Isokangas, marketing chief from Kotipizza company says that they had made marketing research about insects as food already several years ago and now that law allows insects to be used as food they can bring insect pizza to the available menu almost immediately.

The "creative mind" behind Kotipizza, Risto Mikkola who is also known from Master Chef TV program, says that crickets and shrimps made a good mix on pizza together, they are also coincidentally animal species that share evolutionary history together, like distant cousins.

In Finland people are more receptive to idea of insect food as the people living west of Finland. For example Sweden is largely against the idea.

Helsingin Sanomat 20.9.17, Finland allows certain insects for food:
hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005375626.html

Allowed:
crickets (kotisirkka in Finnish, it is edible but extinct, once native species of Finland, extinct since late 1950s, however the species are now grown indoors as a food with population imported from foreign countries)

mealworm (jauhopukki in Finnish, it is native insect in Finland)

these men grow crickets for sale:
hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000005074422.html

They have been growing crickets for quite some while in anticipation that once there will come a day when it is allowed to sell the crickets

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrDpUouwyw8
youtube.com/watch?v=j8O70op1D-4
youtube.com/watch?v=gmjlOuf5rpU
youtube.com/watch?v=r9M2JPscbmQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>roaches take over pizza chain
>start putting other insects on pizza

People in Helsinki eat even shit, if it helps them to distinct themselves from others.

>hey pekka, send those roaches a message they won't soon forget
>you got it boss
Those Turks capiche

Kotipizza is Finnish though

Shit I misread the OP
>roaches take over finnish pizza industry
>kotipizza puts their relatives on pizza as a warning

I mean, we'll all be eating insects as subtitute for meat in the future, so might as well get used to it.

I would want to try it.
Finns go to that pizzeria and order it.
Let us hear how it is.

One more reason to shoot myself

I'd like to try crickets but I think they can't sell them yet. Seems like a GOAT protein source, and much less wasteful than large animals. Can't wait to make 'em gains

(old) people in central Japan (far away from sea) still eat insects like grasshoppers
I tried them and they taste like shrimps

It's not all bad. Grasshoppers and mealworms are said to be extremely tasty.

And you'd probably have a batting chance for real meat once or twice a year anyways, for Thanksgiving or Christmas...

Insects are the protein source of the future, my guy
youtube.com/watch?v=jrDpUouwyw8

aren't they too crunchy?

insects are uma delicia

um? so what? why is eating insects tabu? i haven't ever tried it, but i would if it was prepared properly

Lolno fuck off agenda 21 shilling faggots

I will literally kill you if you try to take the meat off my children's plates.

No

>I will literally kill you if you try to take the meat off my children's plates.

youtube.com/watch?v=j8O70op1D-4

int, would you try this instead?

I'd rather put insects than ananas in my pizza to be honest

>forest
>since birth
>world
>woodworm

... why do they use english words for such basic concepts?

why do turks own pizzareas in Funland? are there no other jobs?

incest does belong in a pizza.
IYKWIM

wtf, the self awarness in this picture is real and deliberate. whoever posed like this is memeing.

>off my children's plates.
What children? Should I alert local authorities?

And some people STILL doubt that we are an authentic Asian people.

Would white devirs eat insect? No!

Not for t*rks at least. I think they also get some entrepreneur bux for it.

They come here specifically to be kebab makers and pizza bakers

Nothing wrong with insects
Grasshoppers taste like limes
Ant's larvae are unironically uma delicia

Bugs are asian food.

They don't taste like limes, they might have a citrusy flavor if they were fed that type of fruits but it's still unpalatable for your average Joe not going through the mental gymnastics of pretending something is good for muh heritage.

Yes, I'm sure they can be processed into wonderful animal feed for those of us living in countries with enough resources. Pajeet, Wang and Jamal may want to look into it tho.

interdasting.

youtube.com/watch?v=gmjlOuf5rpU
Come home yellow man.

jej

>anglo reading comprehension

Must suck to be only able to speak 1 language and still be bad at it.

yes, crunchy and actually tasty
they just look awful

FUCK OFF SWEDEN AND STOP MEDDLING OUR THINGS
FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING KEKBALLS
CRICKETS ARE POWER FOOD HIGH AMOUNTS OF PROTEIN WITH LOW PRICES
FUCK YOU SWEEDEN FUCK YOU SON OF BITCHES SO FUCKING
THE SWEDISH GENOCIDE ISNT HAPPENING FAST ENOUGH

>complains about reading comprehension
>didn't understand my post

lmao quintessentially finnish cuisine, bugs

forgot to censor f*nnish, since it is an insult that nobody should ever receive aside from f*nnish >"""""""""people""""""""""

t*rkroaches stay out of finland

t. greek

I boycott any company that sells that disgusting shit. I will never eat insects.

I would totally eat bugs but they will 100% be expensive as fuck.

finnish people are better than other humans, you wh*te medshit subhuman

Makes sense.

According to who?

UN is actually planning on feeding us all insects soon. Check this out:

>While you wouldn't find too many of them on menus in Europe or the US, in many countries 'insects' form an important part of people's diets. In fact, it's estimated that 2 billion people -- a third of the planet -- consume insects. Which is why the forestry department of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization is examining the potential of insect gathering and rearing for improving food security worldwide. This report from Central Africa.

youtube.com/watch?v=r9M2JPscbmQ

Look at the sponsors at the end of the video - German ministry of food and agriculture, UKaid, Norwegian ministry of agriculture, and FAO.

You guys have no idea what's coming.