Hey, uh, Austrians, I just wanted to say I'm sorry...

Hey, uh, Austrians, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Maybe we should have sided with you over the american patsy Benito Juarez.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastry_War)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should be apologizing to us instead.

Fuck off with your cakes the Austrian seemed like a cool guy.

But he was our puppet?

why

This We were better off with the Freemason Indio

Because we crowned Maximilian to negate US influence by proxy with our very own American catholic empire, but the Mexicans renegged it and killed Maximilian as soon as our troops vacated.

Mexico could've been glorious.

Imagine a world

Britain intervened in the US civil war helping the confederacy, and america is no longer a great power
America could never aid juarez and The Mexican Empire exists
America never pushed decolonisation and european empires exist to this day
South africa namibia and rhodesia were incorporated into one state which is an industrial and economic superpower

I had no idea about this
so we technically controlled Mexico? when was it?

1860s

Surprised you didn't know about it desu.

didn't work out well for you huh?

we don't learn about the 19th century at school

>I had no idea about this
Le plEBE quintessenciel.

It was a puppet, yes, seeing as Maximilian I had been brought to power by French forces, and would've probably supported French interests in the Americas as the empire endured.

One of Louis-Napoleon's expeditions.

but france was cool in the 19th century

this is what algeria looked like

we only learn about industrial revolution in england kek

What do you think of Louis Napoleon? He has an amazing story, and I think he helped France regain their national pride, presided over a large expansion of French territory and influence, but he also lost to Prussia spectacularly badly.

His erosion of civil rights and manipulation of elections could be seen as a negative as well.

fuggg

wtf i hate mexicans now

i guess it's the same here, I was taught about the american west and native americans, and then feminism in the 60s

do you learn about napoleon a bit

no

I'm a great admirer of Louis-Napoléon, and am probably of the very small clique of those in France who'd rank him as one of great leaders. Whatever you've got to say about the man, he was a fantastic hustler, and that carried over amazingly in his diplomatic affairs.

He tore down the Holy alliance in less than twenty years, and in many ways, continued his uncle's legacy. Not only that but my family owes its (past) fortune to his careful overseeing of the economy and the rise of French finance (which made us amazing debtors pre-WWI). And we owe him Haussmann Paris, and the French state not buttfucking workers too heavily.

Prussia was a fluke but he didn't even want to war against them.

Do you frogs are taught about both time you crashed here in Mexico? Both in the Pastry War (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastry_War) and the 5 de mayo one ?

Briefly, but it's overshadowed by our dealings in the Crimean war and Italian war of independance.

no
tb h we don't even learn about napoleon nor the 3 first republics so why would we learn about that

Britan and france intervene with the confederate , we should had do that .

if only order 191 hadn't gotten intercepted, based lee would have take phily and we would have intervened

I think he is one of our best leader that France had , he make France industrial and modern . Although it was not a military genius like his oncle ,

>Although it was not a military genius like his oncle ,
*blocks your path*

Yes I quite like him too. Impressive figure.

>sardinia
>italian tricolor
what the fuck

it means the kingdom of sardinia piemonte, which was the predecessor state to the kingdom of italy

at the time they didn't have the italian tricolor, as the kingdom of italy didn't even exist.

At the time of the battle the Kingdom of Sardinia controlled northern italy, which used that flag, and the kingdom of italy was formed soon after
I guess they started adopting it around that time, you're right it is strange though