What the fuck happened Sup Forums?

So ever since I was little I've always wanted to become a police officer due to my desire make an impact in my community and for trust to be built up between the law and the people and all that good stuff (Protect and Serve).

I have immense respect for police officers but I just do not agree with the militarization of police officers making them look like a faux domestic military.

So what exactly happened that has led to this? Why is the public so against police officers?

Before the 90's cops were always seen as the good guys, I need a major redpill or at least some sources to start investigating.

Thank you and God Bless.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wg1sNucoTgQ (Rise Of The Paramilitary Police)

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca
web.archive.org/web/20060623230746/http://www.chetlyzarko.com/bamn-terror.html
snopes.com/2015/06/25/luke-massie-smith/
youtu.be/Ou_XUHgnNNI?t=3m55s
jewishworldreview.com/cols/fund112006.php3
youtube.com/watch?v=wZg4mcYkIwU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Its almost like as {{{the state))) assumes more influence and executive power that a function of the state (police force) would assume a more totalitarian unchecked authority on enforcing law.

After 9/11, Bush wrote a blank check to local police departments who were permitted to buy pretty much any of the same shit the military uses.

Under Obama, America became much more divided and we first saw the use of this new militarized police force.

With regular chimp outs, terrorism, mass shooters, extreme political divide, and an impending American far right-wing revival, the government has necessitated the militarization of the police.

I don't know, man, that 50s cop on the right looks psychotic as hell.

we had to call the police today at work because there was a homeless guy with a bowie knife who eventually started running at some college kids with it.

If the police hadn't shown up in five minutes with a lot of sweet gear there would have been several people in the hospital.

Their gear was a bean bag shotgun and a mean fucking dog. It took six of them to keep him on the ground and away from the knife and he was just some skinny guy.

Now imagine there are two people, they aren't totally schizo, and instead of knives they have guns. You have to have the people and the tools for the job you need.

Our rights are very well protected. A cop with an APC and an mp5 isn't going to change that.

niggers

WHO CARES WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE IF THEY JUST STAND THERE.

SIGN THIS PETITION: change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca

THEY WILL COME FOR YOU: web.archive.org/web/20060623230746/http://www.chetlyzarko.com/bamn-terror.html

THEY ARE UNASHAMED TO BRAG ABOUT IT: snopes.com/2015/06/25/luke-massie-smith/

> Your home in ashes, your starving children strewn about you half-dead and sobbing, packs of vicious wild dogs roaming the streets of once-happy American suburbs feeding off the weak, the cities burning on the horizon and the ground rumbling underfoot from the Chinese tanks out enforcing the new government's mandatory curfew.

> And always, through the din of screams and smoke and jackboots marching in unison, above it all you hear Obama laughing. It's been three weeks since you've had anything but pages torn from the family bible to eat. Your feet ache; your shoes have long ago been stolen by roving gangs of armed minorities and the tattered strips of the American flag you've bound them in do little to stop the cold, let alone the blisters.

THEY STABBED INNOCENTS IN SACRAMENTO, AND WERE KNOWN TO THREATEN OTHERS WITH KNIVES:
youtu.be/Ou_XUHgnNNI?t=3m55s

jewishworldreview.com/cols/fund112006.php3

> Just last June Ms. Gratz filed a report with Detroit police accusing Luke Massie, national chairman of the activist group By Any Means Necessary, of displaying a knife during a heated confrontation outside a state civil rights meeting. "It was one of several attempts to either intimidate me or attack my character," she said yesterday in an interview after a speech she gave at the National Association of Scholars meeting in Boston. She said Mr. Massie had a knife in his right pants pocket and toyed with it, pulling it halfway out of his pants but not drawing its blade. Mr. Massie denies the allegation.

>maybe if the cops talk nicely to criminals they'll put down their 9mm's and mac-10's

fuck outta here you've obviously never lived in a shitty majority black city

t. new orleans resident

I WANNA BE A COP, I WANNA PUNCH PUNK ASS LEFTISTS IN THE FACE.

The criminals are militarized. The police must be, too. Having access to the best equipment doesn't make them bad people.

America is going through a destabilization stage that will eventually lead to a totalitarian police state with gulags and everything.

These are communist strategies.

The police needs to be militarized so it can fight armed civilians.

Cops are now less corrupt and more professional then even before. Stuff was easier to hide back on the day so they seemed "nicer"

Also, don't be a fag and realize that some shitty people are violent and need to be dealt with with violence. Why not let cops have the best tools to do so.

Shitty people are imported, then enabled through degenerate culture.

Destabilization creates a situation where people will eventually accept a police state.

It's a communist style takeover, updated for the 21st century.

Look up Yuri Bezmenov's videos on this. Particularly "Subversion and Control". They're on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=wZg4mcYkIwU

It happened right around 1964.

Right after desegregation.

yeah, West Hollywood was the turning point

>Right after desegregation.
/thread

>b-b-but it's the blacks fault!

The threshold for police to go into full riot gear is very low these days, not matter who they are dealing with.

When typical Joe Happy cop got wasted by the dozen because burglars turned into armed robbers with ak 47's

And it all started with desegregation.

see

I still watch Adam 12

Super violent Mexican gangs and hopeless Republican drug wars happened.

Desegregation of niggers.

Sounds great, next thing you know we'll be holding hands and hopscotching off to fairyland
In practice it flooded previously safe white communities with ultra-violent niggers.

People could no longer go out at night. Children could no longer play in the street without parental supervision. Gangs became heavily armed, cops started getting killed. And so the police armed up to compensate

No that problem was solved with ghettos and regular lynching, police didn't start regularly carrying riot gear until white bank robbers started showing up with paramilitary gear and training.

1) Escalation. Gone are the days of mafiosos and town bosses. Criminals nowadays are soulless niggers and spics with machine guns, overloaded on too much Hollywood and call of duty. Cops have to be tougher or they'll die.

2) Surplus military gear & personnel. You won't even be considered for a job unless you did two tours in Iraq. The military also needs to offload all the shit from the war and try to make some money back.

3) Social Media generation. People are generally more disconnected and don't value life the way they did 20 years ago.

Think it started under Ronny Rayguns and war on drugs, that's when the militarized raids on the wrong houses started. It sure amped up after 11 of 9 as was the plan of course.

The world police are worried about 8 billion monkeys, not enough bananas, it's reasonable enough but trying to fix a symptom instead of the root cause will end badly for all.

The Milgram obedience experiments - obedience to authority, humanity is fucking doomed. History will repeat, is always repeating.

>white bank robbers
Look at the crime rates. You might be shocked just how few there are.
Despite the twisted impression given by Hollywood and the media, most criminals are not well dressed white men with menacing voices. It's basically nigs, spics, and a couple trashy white genetic rejects covered in tattoos.

Now here's something nobody likes to say, and you won't hear it anywhere else except Sup Forums. The fact is that the war on drugs really is just an excuse to get nigs off the streets.

New York used to have a tremendous murder problem. How did they solve it?
First they hired a police department the size of a military. Second, instead of waiting for the murders to happen, they started stepping up the enforcement all the little laws: Jaywalking, trespassing, pissing in public....etc.

It turns out that the people committing the little crimes were also the ones committing the murders (you know who). Thus these laws just gave the police an excuse for getting these people off the street.

>But gee, isn't it horrible to have all these people locked up for nonviolent drug crimes?
The practical reality is that if you let them out, murder rates would skyrocket

Ultimately it was the war on drugs. You can thank Reagan and Nixon for this unmitigated failure of policy. Amazingly, the war on drugs has actually made drugs dangerous (they weren't really before). That isn't even considering how it revitalized organized crime (and created a lot of it like the cartels), militarized the police forces, diminished civil liberties (seriously, criminalizing drug use is basically the same as thoughtcrimes), and all manner of other terrible things.

They can do all that through targeted concerted efforts over time with little more than organization, handcuffs, tasers, and jail cells (and they had been for 40 years before 1997).

Its the possibility of well planed paramilitary attacks from retired soldiers or militia that justify giving police military gear of their own and that was pulled of for everyone to see in Hollywood fashion by a couple of white guys.

I say this as a black inner city user.

When it comes down to guns you to worry about a lot of small arms, the real "fuck up a day and school" level of firepower belongs to them good ol boys that have more ammo and booze than food.

Poor black gangs don't have the money, training, or organization to have paramilitary gear in good working order, they are more likely to all scatter and shoot a bunch of innocent bystanders or hurt themselves with their handguns than to successfully take or hold any objectives or strongholds.

They're wannabe military.

Two things:
1) heterogeneous culture has increased crime dramatically and groups more prone to violence and mental illness have been growing fastest

2) Street cops in the U.S. are not armed like SWAT. They serve different functions. Both things in your image still exist though the guys on the right are very rarely deployed in most municipalities.

We need good, smart people with level heads and quick wit to become peace officers. Don't discount the profession just because of a few bad apples. Every profession has bad people in it.

Define "very low"

cringey af

Here in UK, we have Community Support Officers who have no need for Assault Rifles.

We have regular police officers without assault rifles too, it's just retarded to send cops out into the field without a sidearm though.

But when most suspects don't have a gun of their own, like over here it makes sense. However I still think we should have more bobbies on the beat with trunchens who should be able to give the odd kick-in to miscreants every now and then.