Kodi

Can we talk about Kodi? I just came across the application after Think Geek, a Facebook page dedicated to all things computer geek related, posted an article defending the fact that it is not a piracy software. By all rights it's not, nothing is stolen in a sense, it streams anything if you have the right add ons.

So what say you Sup Forums do you use Kodi? What add ons do you find best?

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/popular-kodi-addon-exodus-turned-users-into-a-ddos-botnet-170203/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tried it didn't like it, feels super clunky and slow

>e defending the fact that it is not a piracy software.

Much like how utorrent is not a piracy software.

stop using kodi and third party add-ons

Have no idea what you're talking about.

But to all my Sup Forums bros, always remember to encrypt devices and use a VPN :^)

The real important question, can you get DMCAd for using Kodi? Family's looking to cancel their cable package next month since it's just too expensive now, $170 a month for basic internet and cable but the TV package alone is $98. They keep bugging me asking for a cheaper alternative

I never have, and I don't use a VPN but got DMCA'd for using Popcorn Time

I was gonna try it out with Plex and a home server/lab setup

but fuck me it's so much work

most add-ons aren't open source and the developer might be listening in to your traffic, or may be using unsecure protocols so your ISP can (which is probably how they catch Kodi users).

enjoy your botnet distributor.

>d use a VPN

for streaming? nigga kys

Dont do it. these add-ons will turn you into a botnet

torrentfreak.com/popular-kodi-addon-exodus-turned-users-into-a-ddos-botnet-170203/

Wow, so it was a ddos bot and now it's been wiped clean, I don't see any issue anymore

y-yea, lets hope it doesnt happen again.

I use kodi with the exodus addon on my Sony Bravia android tv. It's fucking great and I can watch anything anytime. No dmca from just streaming. Just don't install any BitTorrent addons.

And I bet you believe anything that isn't FOSS is a BITNET, take your autism back to Sup Forums

unless it has been analyzed by security experts everything has the potential to be :)

>autism: the post

Why are you defending exodus so hard? you realize the more people that use it can potentially negatively affect your streaming right? You're inviting people to put more stress on the host servers. Or is that your plan, to sabotage them?

My sister has it on a Amazon Fire TV Stick that I used when visiting for holiday. It's a convenient way to watch a movie if you aren't concerned about streaming video quality, but as someone with a VPN and no friends to host for and begin watching whatever movie immediately, I have no use for it.

clunky?! what kinda shitty pc are you using. if setup even halfway decently, its as smooth, and as gorgeous, as a babys bottom.

I'm not defending Exodus, but the Kodi platform as a whole

pleb tier
super slow and basically just an clunky app version of what 1000's of streaming sites do

Probably has it on a RasPi because he's a poorfag

Another poorfag with a shitty PC

>
this guy doesnt get it at all. any btw thats not kodi. that exodus you moron.

sure thing cowboy

enjoy your honeypot, nigger

>people taking htpc software
>bloating it to shit with garbage addons
>installing it on their personal computer not a htpc
>just to use it to fucking stream garbage

beyond disgusting

I got a Nvidia shield just for Kodi it's pretty comfy. Xbox one is getting it soon