Why does Temple of Doom get so much hate...

Why does Temple of Doom get so much hate? The Last Crusade is also great but I always felt it was a little too goofy and comedic for the most part, at least the comedy in ToD counters the somewhat dark elements in it. It's like Spielberg and Lucas tried to overcompensate for the "darkness" in Temple of Doom with a overly-comedic rehash of Raiders with less interesting cinematography and action. The Tank Chase in TLC is just a inferior version of the Truck Chase in Raiders.

It's also the only Indy movie where Indy actually has agency in how the plot resolves itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3DeURx3mYck
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Temple of Doom is my favourite of the series. I definitely feel Raider's had the best cinematography though, but Temple of Doom is everything I want from an Indiana Jones movie, aside from lack of Nazis.

But literally think about it, it's constant, non-stop action. Literally the only break takes place at the village.

OP here. I think Raiders is definitely the overall perfect Adventure package but Temple is the best possible sequel to it.

Screen Junkies and RLM and a whole host of online "reviewers" say its bad so people parrot their opinions

I've never heard their arguments so I won't speak for them, but Temple of Doom is my favorite because of things like the dinner scene, the villain, I even liked the little asian boy and the final action scene where they fight on the rope bridge and bad guys fall into the crocodiles to get ripped apart is kino

I really like Crystal Skull.

Most of the criticism I see directed at it is from Willie. Yeah she's a screaming damsel but I like how the original Indiana Jones trilogy has kind of a good spectrum of adventure flick love interests.

>Marion: Jack of All Trades, damsel at times but competent when she needs to be. Definitely the best chemistry with Harrison Ford
>Willie: The stereotypical shallow 30's/40's adventure movie damsel. Part of the thing the series was supposed to homage.
>Elsa: The Femme Fatale. Starts out as an intelligent love interest but is revealed to be working for the bad guys. Probably the most interesting.

The main things for me are the annoying sidekicks and the lack of charm. I hear the word dark used a lot but it really isn't any dark than Raider imo, it just doesn't have the charm and iconic set pieces.

Last Crusade brings back the charm with the duo of Connery and Ford.

You really need to kill yourself.

Short Round is probably the best kid sidekick ever in film. Which isn't saying much since they usually suck.

rude desu

Watched all three films recently, Raiders is a classic but Last Crusade is my favourite. I really don't care for Temple of Doom, it felt cheap and overblown and Willie and Shortround were incredibly irritating, I also felt there was little motivation for Indy to do what he does in the movie. Why it didn't go Ark of the Covenant > Spear of Destiny > Holy Grail, I'll never know.

KALI MA YOU FAGGOTS

>Watched all three films
cringe

Me too

Honestly I think I feel this way about it too. Outside of the opening of Raiders, I enjoy Last Crusade more.

This. Willie was pretty much the worst part and the main reason I hate T.O.D. Too many goofy exaggerated characters. Not sure if I'd say it's worse than Crystal Skull...but it's fucking close.

Poor taste or you haven't seen it in a while.

Few years ago I thought "maybe it was ok, not as good as the old ones but still a decent go at a Indie movie"
I watched it again on dvd and oh boy I was wrong. The pacing, the characters, the stupid coincidences and regurgitated babdly directed action sequences all make it a joke

Oh and fuck aliens so hard

fun fact, the opening scene in the night club was originally a part of raiders that got cut. The mcguffin in the original version was the staff, which was a specific artifact and not just a regular piece of wood.

youtube.com/watch?v=3DeURx3mYck

Willie is the only thing wrong with the movie

I completely agree, I rewatched the trilogy recently and Temple of Doom is my new favorite. It has a certain energy to it that I found compelling. If you can get over how laughably inaccurate/"culturally insensitive" it is, it's a great movie.

dumb phoneposter

>If you can get over how laughably inaccurate/"culturally insensitive" it is
that fucking banquet scene

i like ToD, but it definitely has a different feel to it. from the very beginning, it feels campy with the opening musical number. and then you have willie overacting the entire movie and that shit with the monkey brains and the bugs. its great, but definitely has more of a B movie vibe than Raiders. i don't know if they were actually trying to take the sequel in a different direction or if they were just sloppy but whatever

main villain is also weak

For me Willie was the main flaw I had with it. It's very possible that she was masking other flaws because of how much I disliked her, and her being gone would bring them to light, but as it stands she's just so fucking obnoxious and going from Marion, who was at least halfway competent, to Willie was a major turn off.

Mola Ram is GOAT, he owned every scene he appeared in. Definitely better than Walter Donovan, who I can only remember for his death scene.

Considering that the inhabitants of the Palace are actually supposed to be degenerate and evil cult followers I don't see any problem with it. It was never supposed to be a representation of the average diet of Indian people.

Yeah, Mola Ram is a lot more weak than Donovan from Crusade who's only memorable part is his rapid aging death.

My fucking nigga.

What I want to know is how many of you faggots saw and liked The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles like I did.

>he watches films
>wew

The OD scene was pretty hard to watch.