Daily reminder that 2016 was the worst year for Hollywood ticket sales and the movie industry in the USA will continue...

Daily reminder that 2016 was the worst year for Hollywood ticket sales and the movie industry in the USA will continue to decline financially due to poor quality and escalating ticket prices.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=om5rbtudzrg
youtube.com/watch?v=tc88Uxhq4ug
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks Drumpf

It'll be sad to see theaters go, but they did it to themselves.

I'm fine with a $10 ticket price. It's just I don't like the $20 popcorn and pop price.

how great were ticket sells in 1916 really?

>Captain America
that movie SUCKED. BvS was literally a better movie

>comparing ticket sales of early movies during the industry's beginning's to the current decade.

>Time to protect innocent American businesses from those filthy downloaders and streamers

kek

There aren't that many movies that need to be seen in a theatre.

Many people have larger screen TVs and access to torrents or streams.

For me, it's not about movie prices -- its more about convenience. Movie industry needs a new model for delivery, and Netflix sorta gets that idea.

America was NEVER great

Just pirate movies

>everyone putting in soda kiosks

Buy a small and refill before you leave. They can't and won't police that shit.

Fine by me. I welcome the day Hollywood goes under and Jews running get kicked out and forced to live in Mexican ghettos.

Oh, what's that? The Beaners don't want 'em? Then send then to Trideauland. I'm sure the Cucknadians will welcome those sub-human fucks to their sinking hellhole of a country.

>b-b-buh me watching this on putlocker i-isnt hurting anyone

>I'm i-innocent

>most movies don't need to be seen in theaters
>except blockbuster capeshit on IMAX bro!
>WTF I HATE CAPESHIT WHY IS THERE SO MUCH CAPESHIT KILLING THE INDUSTRY
Why are Millennials so stupid?

>worst year in ticket sales
>same year IMDB MB gets shut down

hmmm.....

>Ticket prices rising
>Millennials don't have the patience to sit through an entire movie
>Netflix and large screen TVs already made theaters obsolete

Doesn't really matter since China is buying up Hollywood and will soon be the biggest consumer of movies

Also Disney will be the only major studio standing by 2030

It's like there's a connection or something...

Redditor: REEEEEE MESSAGE YOUR CONGRESSMAN TO PROTECT NET NEUTRALITY

Businesses: The wild rampant is killing us

Reddit: REEEEEEEEEEE MY FREE SHIT

They deserve it for making so shity films

Theaters are dying as the world evolves.

Good, fuck em.

It doesn't matter they still make 70% of their profits overseas thanks to Chinks and Eurocucks.

>10 dollars for a drink
>10 dollars for popcorn

Holy Christ. A soft drink costs 15 cents to produce and I imagine pop corn is even less.

Trump wins again.

Disney will inevitably experience another decline in quality similar to the 1970s and 2000s periods (in terms of in-house movies).

They'll make Marvel and Star Wars so hard, they'll become unrecognizable husks that normies will inevitably get sick of.

Pixar's veterans will be gone & it'll become a shell of its former self.

Disney's backup plan will be reality TV shows for the next several decades after.

if, instead of buying one of those bags of popcorn at the theater, you just bought the same price worth of plain bulk popping corn kernels, you'd be able to make enough volume of popcorn to fill the theater

Oh gee I wonder why an outdated business model is dying

>force people to pay for 3d bullshit
>it's already expensive as it is
>forced to sit through 20min of commercial
>drinks and snacks are 10x their grocery store price
>no good movies that justify any of this

>$10 ticket price
what is it 2004?

i support this with my hard earned shekels because i support real art unlike ufc or foosball

The American film industry will crash one day.
I guarantee it.

My cinema cut ticket prices to $10 because no one goes anymore, their movie choice is trash but I'm not complaining

Disney will just buy up all the competition as soon as capeshit and spaceshit dies.

I imagine Star Wars still being a phenomenon throughout the 2020s since this is a generation of manchildren

did you have an argument

how many people on here remember going to a blockbuster or movie gallery and paying for a DVD rental to find out it was total piece of shit

do many directors shoot in 90mm ultra widescreen and pay attention to details of cinematography?

for most movies, the plot sucks so badly (Shut In (2017)) that it doesn't deserve release, but they release it anyway

>internet is way more convenient
>too much capeshit, reboots, sequels, etc.
>3D meme
>ridiculous food prices

Honestly the last one is the dealbreaker, I'm not some fat fuck but I really like to eat when I'm watching a movie, it's just my routine. So when I go to the theatre I want to eat, but I basically have to either sneak in food or waste a ton of money. I might as well just stay home and wait for the handful of good movies to get bluray rips.

dude what

Nice JUNE article faggot

Is this autism?

>the food is expensive
>millennials thinking this is a new thing

>Refers to a Liberal untrustworthy website to give the illusion that 2016 was a "good" year.

Netflix and Kill Hollywood

haha memes!!

le pretend that news isnt real! our president does it so now we can do it because pretending to be retarded is funny because memes!!!

What year were you born?

FAKE NUMBERS!! MUH MEMES!!

at least mention how they release so much more fucking movies that of course they will make more you god damn retards

>"Its not my fault I pirate films, its Hollywoods"

Awwwwww, a triggered wittle shitlib. So cute! Wook at the cute wittle shitlib.
Wanna go pway in your safe space, wittle shitlib? You wanna go pway with the other shitlibs wike the good wittle shitlib you are? Awwwww, so adorable!
Who's a good shitlib? Who's a good shitlib?
You are! Yes you are are!
Does the wittle shitlib want his hugbox milky? I bet you do. D'awwwwwww!

Seriously fuck pirates. You are pieces of shit. Anyone in this thread saying fuck theaters kys, you aren't a real film fan.

>$15 for the admission ticket
>$10 for popcorn
>$5 for soda
>$30-$35 for crab legs
>Multiply that by each person for families

Who can afford this anymore on a regular basis?

yes this is totally going to change facts

haha memes

This must be your first time here.

Also, the movie industry's dogshit. Get real.

hollywood is going to cut them out soon man, writing is on the wall

Don't forget the $50 hawk fee, plus tip.

Stay mad, shitlib. Hope you enjoy the inevitable industry crash.

Whatever you say you filthy, stinky basement dwelling pirate.

>used to work at a theater in high school (2007)
>unloading 35lb bags of Orville Redenbacher kernels off the pallet with the general manager
>casually ask him how much it costs for one of the bags
>"I don't know how much per bag, we buy them by the pallet"
>how much per pallet
>"$100"
>several dozen bags per pallet
>each bag could supply a single popcorn machine for an entire busy weekend night
>it was $4.50 for a small bag, $5.75 for a medium and $6.50 for a large bucket
>this was 10 years ago

Whatever keeps more money in my pockets

Someone got so fucking triggered that they typed this entire post out

Unless you own a theater, you are a cuck

Jews who control Hollywood are gonna get redpilled.

We don't want to watch your shit anymore.

I pirate movies regularly on a private tracker and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't care if Hollywood crashes and burns and you lose your job as a PA or whatever stupid shit you do.

because VANITY FAIR is completely different

Fuck...I guess studios are just going to have to start taking chances on original stories again....

It's a sad day for manbabbies and the intellectually deficient "take my money" crowd.

>poorfags think that if Hollywood stops being profitable rich people will lose all their money somehow

>I wont support these rich people!
>I'll just support these other rich people because they hate black people!!

As it's been pointed out ITT Hollywood is doing fine, but a loss in theater revenue wouldn't lead to them taking chances, if anything they'd become even more risk-averse.

$30 for crab legs isn't that bad, user. King crab is like, $20 a pound for mediocre quality

I don't give a shit if rich people stay rich. I just want to see original stories getting more play in the wide release sector again. The fact that strictly shit gets wide release these days is really disheartening. We need a modern Renaissance already...across all art forms. People are frighteningly dumb.

2017 doesn't look to be any better. No Star Wars to rely on and tons of capeshit and rehashes again.

>Hollywood is doing fine

Like the video game industry!

Oh wait, no.....no, not really, no. It'll crash just like the video game industry.

This.

They're just going to give less of a shit about the domestic market because it's the international market where they're making their profit.

Thanks capeshit

Who gives a fuck, society is collapsing in the next 10-15 years at the latest

Do you need some therapy?

Video games are bigger and less likely to crash than Hollywood.

>They'll make Marvel and Star Wars so hard, they'll become unrecognizable husks that normies will inevitably get sick of.
>implying this didnt already happen

Go back to sleep. Nothing is happening, everythings fine.

People pay 20 dollars to watch a fucking movie?

What the fuck?

In my country we pay the equivalent of 5 dollars and we already find that ridiculously expensive

He's just mocking the headlines for that big exaggeration.

Oh, lemme guess?
You're another anti-Trump SJW, right faggrot?

>will continue to decline financially due to poor quality and escalating ticket prices.
youtube.com/watch?v=om5rbtudzrg

>be in America
>want to watch a movie
>go to movie theater
>two late night showings of the film I want to see, four hours apart
>Deadpool is playing on 10 screens nonstop
>try to buy a ticket for not-Deadpool
>sorry we're sold out
>how about the next showing?
>sorry we're sold out
>pirate movie instead

>one year later, return to same movie theater
>buy ticket for film I want to see
>go into theater
>there are only 20 seats in the entire god damn theater because they're all enormous recliners

Shit, if you want to sell more tickets maybe you should put in smaller seats, you fucking retards. Movie theaters should be able to hold at least 100 people, not 20 people maximum.

You don't sneak food in?

I really hate this new 'giant recliners with reserved seating' meme

I went and saw John Wick 2, first time I had been to a theater in like a year, and had no idea about this assigned seating bullshit, so even though the theater wasnt even full me and my friend were sitting right next to some idiot couple that kept talking during the movie.
I eventually moved into an a better empty seat in the middle because fuck it, but the fact they are even doing assigned seating is so dumb.

They deserve to lose business

Will this make the theaters reconsider their ban on singles?

They'll be forced to go digital and everyone will be happier for it.

How do u sneak food in?

What would a reality Disney show look like?

B-but user, think of the EXPERIENCE

are 'people' actually this fucking retarded these days?

Another Big Brother with a gimmick starring Disney children actors that didn't have fruitful careers as adults.

youtube.com/watch?v=tc88Uxhq4ug

This, but with more Leftist political agenda pandering worse than the current decade.

This, but it's comparing 1/10 to a 2/10

place near me runs a $5 Tuesday promo, every seat every movie $5 a ticket even the 3D movies, it's awesome

I'm fed up with high prices and distracting, annoying behavior from other customers during the movie. I like the expirience of going out tonsee a movie, but other people are too retarted and annoying to share a theater with.

yeah, but you go and you are surrounded by black kids and moms

I don't go to movies, I wouldn't know

IMDB is still up though,

it's north dakota so not that many blacks and they start showing movies at 9:30 am so i just go during the day when kids are in school or after 10pm when they are home in bed

>jews own hollywood
>i'm afraid to go to the theater because they might steal my foreskin during the penis inspection