In 1970, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol.[9] The bullet entered his left temple...

>In 1970, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol.[9] The bullet entered his left temple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed his optic nerves and left him blind.[9] He was later moved to a VA assisted living facility in Waukegan, Illinois. He resided there for his last seventeen years until his death due to malnutrition on September 30, 1987.

>Died of malnutrition in a veterans hospital
really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eVm88MX2Gw4&spfreload=10&bpctr=1488096716
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's where people always fuck up, the gun to the temple thing looks kino but is a terrible way to commit suicide.

You really just need to look in a mirror while you are doing it to make sure the barrel is positioned to hit your brain not your eyes

My great-grandfather killed himself like 10 years after he fought at Okinawa. They didn't know what PTSD was or how to treat it back then

In your mouth and point it up towards the base of your skull.

I'm really paranoid about suicide. I don't know what the signs are and am afraid someone I know might attempt suicide. I'd feel like I failed them, like I wasn't there when they needed me.

REEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S NOT ANYBODY'S FAULT

WHAT IS THE GODDAAAMN HOLDUP, MR. SOBEL?

Heard having a mouthful of water will cause some form of shockwave and obliterate your whole head

They'll tell you. It takes a while to get that low to commit suicide. It's seen as desperate or annoying or whining, or just plain attention seeking - but thats what it is

>only 9mm

try it for us and find out if that's true

I'll do it and post results

kk I'll report back

Wtf I drink water everyday

David Schwimmer was surprisingly nice towards him and did his research on the man.

>you are going to die

not really, many guys never tell anyone and one day just go down to their garage and hang themselves

It's a slow burn but when it hits you it's bad man, Make sure to get help before that point hits. Luckily I had a support group in place but if I didn't I;d be dead.

>PTSD
nah fampai, he was just depressed at being a loser. not saying he deserved suicide, but he wasn't the greatest dude and wasn't operational to get PTSD.

>They didn't know what PTSD was
nigger they knew what it was after WW1, look up shellshock

Mine was similar. Came back from WWI in France and did nothing but drink and rape my great-grandma. My aunt said he started hearing voices and getting paranoid. He got in a bathtub and blew his head off with a shotgun in 61. We still have the shotgun.

Calm down, dick

I disagree, I speak from experience. If you're talking about celebrity suicides - we only know their persona

That's the whiny emo kids, not the older people who just aren't coping or lose the will to live

I had a friend tell me he fucked it up (drugs and asphyxiation), woke up, was like oh well fuck it and checked into the psyche ward

I've also had friends constantly reminiscing on the glory days of high school and asking if I remember all these little things. That got alarming and I told that guy to come round and reminisce in person the day after, where he told me all about his cutting and how he was going to kill himself last night and everything.

There's probably a whole spectrum, from emotional pain through to feeling nothing, that creates a ton of variable symptoms

>really makes you think
Yeah, makes me think that it's fucking bullshit that a guy who intentionally shot himself is sponging off the tax payer. VA should only be for chronic injuries sustained in combat.

My great great grandfather killed himself 30 odd years after fighting in the civil war, but I doubt it was PTSD. He got dysentery and pneumonia in Virginia and had shitty health for the rest of his life. But all things considered he was fortunate. After his health discharge his unite got BTFO

underrated af

I'm glad his grandpappy is dead.

>I don't know what the signs are and am afraid someone I know might attempt suicide. I'd feel like I failed them, like I wasn't there when they needed me.

Your expectations are pretty much what it's like. A coworker killed himself once. It sucked. There was a grief counselor to talk to, but I had no clue what to say to a grief counselor.

>WW1 lived on in his head for 40 years.

jesus, no thanks.

t. Okinawan monkey

fucking lmao

Holy shit I'm fucking dying here

>my spirit animal
bullies won

Your family told you how you grandpa raped your grandma over and over making her his personal slut?

i've taken a variety of those depression self tests and all of them give some variation of "your depression is critical and you have suicidal thoughts you need help NOW"

what did they mean by this

They had a name for it but it was largely misunderstood, even until vietnam people stigmatised PTSD victims and called them cowards.

>Fight in world war 1
>Enjoy 43 years of drinking and raping afterwards
A life well lived.

Yeah, my aunt has issues. It was the night my sister almost died in a car crash and my aunt just started talking about him and how she could hear him yelling through her wall about how he could to beat my great-grandma's head in with a hammer any time he wanted. Most of the people in his family had problems. My family has a lot of anxiety that probably came from his branch.

Pretty hot

At that point it doesn't matter user. You factor into zero of their thoughts. They'd rather die then spend another day trying to talk to anyone about it.

>Died the day I was born

Post pics of your gran so I can fap

>at least 3 anons in this thread will die before they're 35

im sorry anons

LOL

t. /r/Sup Forums/

>constantly reminiscing on the glory days of high school and asking if I remember all these little things

>mfw I realize that "4 touchdowns in a single game" was a cry for help and not funny at all

it aint me starts playin

just like me

>tfw someone on facebooks talks about being depressed and killing himself

I don't really know the guy, but I straight up told him I don't know how to help him and that he should get professional help. I don't know what else I can do, but I also know it's not enough.

Even then it's not guaranteed, especially if it's a small-calibre.

Eat a shotgun or something (better yet, use an exit bag) if you want to be certain. You'll have to have a closed casket funeral but if you are planning on blowing your brains out you don't want to fuck it up.

dont worry about suicidal faggots, life has never been easier, if they cant hack it, oh well

Cant wait tbqh

This may seem really stupid, but this is where you need to fire to guarantee death. This part of the brain controls breathing and heart rate. I realize this is awkward for a suicide, but it is the most logical.

why am i laughing at this shit

If you're saying you'd have to shoot yourself from the back that's incorrect. Stick the barrel in your mouth, angle towards the back toward this big glowing white bit (cerebellum). You'll nail the primary connection of the spinal cord to your brain, so you'll lose just about all sensation immediately, and you'll take out your pons, which controls your breathing.

Using your own drawing shows how wrong this is. Guns are too big to get the proper angel from the inside of the mouth. Plus with shaking hands, much easier to go from the back of the head.

I should also clarify that the ponsis a large target than trying to hit the thin bundle of nerves of the spinal cord.

Isn't it easier to just not use a small caliber gun? This way you will make sure the damage is widespread so you don't need to aim precisely at the right spot.

I'm not even going full Dick Winters or Sup Forums, just being desu.
maybe you inherited his loser soul

But what if the barrel slips while you try to awkwardly pull the trigger with your thumb.

The real answer here is that you need to purchase a shotgun and destroy the whole brain. It's the best way to guarantee death.

Couldn't even command himself to commit suicide competently.

Placing the gun directly behind the ear should do the trick.

Regardless of the caliber shot placement is critical.

This guy just got a face transplant from a suicide attempt.

>Guns are too big to get the proper angel from the inside of the mouth

What are you, a little kid? Or a tiny person? Bust your teeth if you have to. You're going to die. The red line has you shooting straight back, and with a large enough caliber you'll still decimate the pons and most of the connecting nerves from the brain to the spinal cord, including the nerve responsible for normal heartrate, the vagus nerve.

Oh we're on different pages. I'm not saying shoot the brainstem directly, a bit above it. You'll fuck everything up with a 9mm or more.

>But what if the barrel slips while you try to awkwardly pull the trigger with your thumb.

Why are you using your thumb? Turn the gun upside down and put it in your mouth.

Indeed. If you REALLY want to do it, just save up for a shotgun and shells.

Not necessarily. More room for error.

Probably me. I'm 27 and I think im gonna call it quits before I hit 30. I pretty much fucked my life up and work a minimum wage job now with a nerve damaged left leg and an alcohol problem. Im thinking im gonna do the helium tank method at some point if i can't find my pistol.

Dunno but I like to imagine that we get a do over after we die.

we dont. We just die

>Oh we're on different pages. I'm not saying shoot the brainstem directly, a bit above it. You'll fuck everything up with a 9mm or more.
But this isn't possible from inside the mouth with a 9mm. You are forced in one direction.

All I can say is all I own is a 9mm and if I commit suicide then I'm going for the back of the head. Or jumping off a very high object and trying to fly!

What happens after?

You go to hell for murdering yourself.

I know. It's just nice to have a good thought to cling to before lights out.

wrong thing, you need to aim for the brain stem
>The brainstem also plays an important role in the regulation of cardiac and respiratory function. It also regulates the central nervous system, and is pivotal in maintaining consciousness and regulating the sleep cycle. The brainstem has many basic functions including heart rate, breathing, sleeping, and eating.
straight from wiki

>hell
Well meme'd

My man, stick three fingers in your mouth and angle it where the image shows the cerebellum/brainstem. Unless you're 4'9, your mouth can accommodate. I just stuck a 7 inch revolver's barrel in my mouth and it was no trabble angling it.

I said that in my first post, but I can see I wasn't being clear enough. I said towards the cerebellum, not at it. Second time when I say above the brainstem is so you can hit the pons and shit.

Someone who is actually suicidal won't show any signs and just do it.

pls be me

>not pouring your essence into a phylactery and living forever
You're not thinking big enough.

That's not even close to being true. I had a friend who talked that way a lot and everyone just figured it was how he would get sometimes when drinking and he recently killed himself with heroin on purpose. Left a note and everything. Good way to go though desu

>Choking on vomit
>Good way to go

*cringe*

Fucking trench foot

Sup Libra bro?

It lived on in his head not his feet.

I don't think he choked on vomit I think he just stopped breathing from respiratory depression. Then again maybe he did. Not something they would share with the public I guess.

>he recently killed himself with heroin on purpose

You'll never hit the vagus nerve with that shot, the vagus nerve goes through the latero-faringeal space ur hitting straight back still aiming to the veil of the paladar will surely kill you.

Fuck off man I did anatomy and physio back to back shit's fuzzy.

What did he mean by this?

Its alright, but you wont hit it.. I never liked anatomy but I remember alot of stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=eVm88MX2Gw4&spfreload=10&bpctr=1488096716

Not the fella you replied to, but don't be a cunt, cunt

>This will hurt someone

What did he mean by this?

I live a few minutes away from Waukegan. Sounds about right.

what is this from?

your future

The North Hollywood shootout, two guys with an ak, hk rifle, and body armor robbed a bank in LA and shot it out with police for an hour shooting like 1000 rounds, the cops couldnt take them down because of the body armor, and they fucked up like 20 cops. Police had to buy guns from a gunstore to match their firepower
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

Fingers crossed!