This movie was terrible. I found the writing to be lazy and hackish...

This movie was terrible. I found the writing to be lazy and hackish. Their premise was okay but the middle and end of the story were nowhere to be found. Then in a pitiful attempt to keep your attention, irrelevant pop culture references were peppered throughout the movie with completely bizarre timing. Even worse, they're weak references -- Sarah Connor? Tupac? What...?

Is this really what passes for thought-provoking film in Britannia?

4/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CE8R2tz3CnU
youtube.com/watch?v=E25mU3o4_Oo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Disagree, love this movie

Nothing felt over the top or overdone, it fit the tone. I agree it wasn't supposed to be thought provoking or "challenging" but that doesn't make it bad by any means

this is just a perfect turn off your brain and enjoy movie

it was an pretty decent family movie desu

It's a really bad rip off of a Wes Anderson flick. Generic consumer core doesn't deserve the praise this film gets.

Finding Dory was a better film than this.

I think you're exaggerating, yea it shares some elements with wes anderson, but he wasn't the one to come up with symmetrical framing and a bit of quirkiness

You probably in a bad mood when you watched it

>It's a really bad rip off of a Wes Anderson flick.
It's based on a book from 1986, written by a man who was as far away from Wes Anderson as you could get. It's amusing that you use that director as a point of reference because your critical vocabulary is so poor, but you're farcically off-target.

I can read pleb, folks. Allow me to translate:

>WAHHH WHERE ARE ALL THE QUIPS WAHHH WHY AREN'T THERE ANY A-LIST CELEBS WAAAHHHH WHERE ARE THE SUPERHEROES AND FIGHTS!!!!

>thought-provoking film in Britannia?
It's a New Zealand movie, you are a colossal fucking retard

>calling something a ripoff before bothering to check what the script was based on

embarrasing desu

As far as I can tell the writers didn't bother either.

>I can read pleb
>defends a movie for plebs with irrelevant points
really made me think

>le ad hominem
try again reddit

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND

Surprised to see a Kiwi movie on here, what does Sup Forums think of what we do In the shadows?

youtube.com/watch?v=CE8R2tz3CnU

I liked it.

didnt like it at all and i thought flight of the conchords was decent

Have you seen Eagle vs Shark?

You are fucking garbage

You're so fucking stupid. The references are HIS reference's, the kid's, it's charming and isnt meant to be a funny self referential quip.

youtube.com/watch?v=E25mU3o4_Oo

The great battle in the toilets of a nightclub..

JUST LEAVE ME TO DO MY DARK BIDDING

Fucking love kiwi humor

>liked Hunt for the Redditpeople
>doesn't like What We Do In The Shadows
troll post

"As in many an odd-couple comedy before it, we’re practically held hostage by the sentimental certainty that lessons will be learned and bonding achieved en route. As early as the half-hour mark, the whole business starts to dawdle, and all Waititi can do is introduce new supporting characters every reel or so to spruce up the dynamic. The trouble is, almost every one of these pit-stops is less endearing or welcome than the last. "

What if I told you the references he makes are still references in the film?

How did Waititi go from doing NZ comedies to directing Thor?

What we do in the shadows is way more enjoyed by normies compared to Hunt

So were many good movies. What's your point?

My point is what we do in the shadows is equally if not more reddit than hunt for the wilderpeople

Taika David Waititi (born 16 August 1975), also known as Taika (((Cohen)))

hey I saw that a few years ago with my family.

It was a bit to twee for my liking but it wasn't too bad.

He's blessed 'cause he could have stayed Cohen and got his movies made with Jews money, or changed to Waititi and got the govt maori money, maybe he got both.

Hi Nzer here, I thought the film sucked and turned it off after 20 mins but of course it wasn't made for me, its a family / kids one.