The Expanse

Any other shows that went from zero to kino this quick?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/character/ch0066410/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The whole episode was GOAT. Made the entire slog to get there worth it.

it's good but it needs more Amos ruthlessly killing people

you mean kino to kino?

>it's a miller gets to have spacesex with his waifu episode

>tips space station

*spacefu

havent watched it, but why is it considered kino?

Watch it you stupid asshole.

Nahh fuck jon snow in space

What the fuck are you talking about?

Then don't and keep being a stupid asshole.

>You belong with me

This show is also jewish marxist race mixing progranda.

Oh. You're one of them. Well go ahead and don't watch it, it's not like you have any actual interest in television and film, or any art form for that matter for all your LARPing about being proud of your culture.

>youre one of them

Take your head out of your arse mate.

You're right, and it still broke my heart.
goddamnit

>Take your head out of your arse mate.
The pot calling the kettle black.

Honestly, that ending was fucking stupid.

Asteroid full of people killed by the proto molecule and he just strolls in and hooks up with his waifu.

No really, think about it. Love saved the day.

They weren't dead though.

My first post was replying to you.
How is my head in my arse?
Twit.

>marxist
Stopped reading.

unironically better than avatar desu

>Jewish Marxist propaganda
So what are your thoughts on Star Trek?

Just because some alien virus makes a copy of you doesn't mean you ain't dead.

All of our cells are replaced every several years. We are copies of ourselves but we don't perceive our consciousness as interrupted.

not your brain cells doofus

Well i still have that memory of when i was 3 year old.

No, you have a heavily distorted copy of that memory when you were 3 years old.

Well no because *brings mic closer*

Guy who's read the books here: as long as they stay loyal to them, you should stay tuned.

>Jamie, pull up that clip from Eros

I am still not sure how sexual it is even if they kissed on the lips. Seemed borderline paternal. Though who knows what they fuck they will mutate into together.

>Seemed borderline paternal.
Maybe if you're a pedophile.

>mfw it just gets progressively worse from here

Almost everything after Ganymede sucks.

I don't know, my dad kisses me on the lips everyday. It's normal.

>my dad kisses me on the lips everyday. It's normal

Super, I hate the JRPG faux morality in media.

>still 5 more episodes to go
what could possibly happen now?

say what?

>paternal

What the fuck kind of fucked up family have you grown up in?

Never mind.

are you kidding

it went to shit

it was much better when it was about earth, mars, and the belt

the martian interrogator was one of the best characters but that didn't last long

now it's just going to be magic goo and blue waifu the rest

>being too much of a fag to show affection to the man who raised you

Do they ever go to Enceladus in the books? It's my moonfu.

Their relationship should be something more akin to paternal but the TV show forced it into a romance because they figured normies don't understand relationships in fiction beyond the simplest terms.

I could give a shit about the Game of Thrones-esque politics game played by characters I don't give a shit about. This episode was the show's first true shot at greatness but I doubt it will reach it again.

>it was much better when it was about earth, mars, and the belt
The show isn't over. It's still about Earth, Mars, and the Belt.

Abaddon's Gate isn't half bad. Cibola Burn is 90% filler, though, and Nemesis Games and Babylon's Ashes should be one book.

>now it's just going to be magic goo and blue waifu the rest
Wrong, take a look at the plot of the books if you don't believe me.

Nah, sry.

It was one of the most powerful love stories on television in my lifetime. There was a long buildup, excellent motivations for the characters, good context, and a nice interplay of sentimental symbols and motifs. Everything was well established, and the performances were excellent.

Maybe you just don't enjoy romance. What TV love story do you like better?

Agreed. If the series ended here I would be fine.

>Agreed. If the series ended here I would be fine.

B-b-but muh ring gates

Read them all, gotta disagree. Book 3 is the only stinker.

>Abaddon's Gate
>stinker

Surely you meant Book 4, right?

I've watched a couple episodes of this in the past and didn't really get into it.

When does it git gud? I'd like to try and re-watch it again.

I liked 4. Melba was so boring. Skimmed all her chapters.

Also lesbo priest lady sucked .

gits gud around the end of the first season and so far in the current season has all been quality except bobby draper having no personality outside of repressed anger

The thing that kind of sucks about the sequel books is that without Miller's arc, they don't have the same noir-ish feel as the first one (even though Proto-Miller shows up from time to time) and it just kind of because a very conventional space opera. And the 2 most recent books (5 & 6) have really stretched things out, to put off answering many questions about the Protomolecule's creators.

Already saw them inVoyager.
Already read about them inAccellerando.
This is space opera with using more recent SciFi ideas not yet adapted to space opera.
The protomolecule is essentially the Portia organism from Pchopraxia.

Thanks

>It was one of the most powerful love stories on television in my lifetime.
That's because you are a waifufag projecting your mental illness onto others.

Miller saw his own life wasted crackign down on his fellow belters for the sake of corporations, then comes Julie who is an Earther who believes in the Belt in a way Miller never did. The longer he investigates her disappearnce the more he realizes how she contrasts his own life and how he regrets his life and respects her. He respects her and wants to protect her. That has nothing to do with romance as romance is not something you can just develop with never interacting with someone.

In the book they didn't even kiss, because it's not supposed to be romantic. But TV and movies do what they always do, dumbed it down because they presume their audience is a bunch of idiots who don't understand anything other than romance, friends, and nothing.

If this is anything like the works these ideas are lifted from, they will never describe the Creators or reveal anything meaningful about them, because they are post-singularity beings who are literally incomprehensible.

>bobby draper
imdb.com/character/ch0066410/
???

For people who like the human politics aspect this is fine I would imagine. I want the bigger question answered.

its bobbie draper, mispelled it

No, user, I've been married ten years. I just like a love story when it's done well. Plenty are bad. This one isn't.

I have no problem with it being turned into a love story. I think the book ruined the show for you. Which happens most of the time. If I watch a show or movie I avoid the book, and if I read a book I avoid the screen adaptation. It's good policy and will keep you from being disappointed.

The last thing on screen that didn't make me hate it after reading the book was Something Wicked This Way Comes. That should tell you how rare it is that you enjoy both.

>because they are post-singularity beings who are literally incomprehensible

The books haven't even gotten THAT far, though. Also, the info we have from the books so far seems to imply that the PM creators were under threat somehow (seems they were forced to abandon their colony worlds), although you could be right and they simply ascended.

I've read the book and I like the show's version of them meeting better

Made me cry desu senpai

Again, you aren't going to get those questioned answered because the point is the tech they create uses methods and comes from a civilization that simply cannot make sense to us.

One of the later episodes of Aeon Flux actually addressed this in a crude way. But you'll hit this wall when you read any SciFi that deals with technological singularity. Those stories are always told from the perspective of people on the outside, and never reveal the mystery within.

K

>quick, we need an older indian female that sounds like she's had throat cancer and talks like her mouth is full of glue and marbles
>I gotchu, my dude

Imagine a civilization had the ability to compute and compress enough information into a self-replicating molecule that it would eventually unfold into trans-spatial warp gates once it was introduced to the right conditions. How would they have already transformed themselves?

We can't even comprehend how a couple hundred million nucleotides of DNA unfolds into a prokaryote. Much less anything an order of magnitude more advanced than biological life.

Post-singularity entities are essentially incomprehensible gods who cannot be understood because their needs and motivations are too far outside our frame of reference to see. You can only glimpse them through their artifacts.

I think you are refusing to acknowledge what happened to the original story and why.

No one develops a romantic relationships without even meeting the person. It doesn't make sense and it's a stupid fairy tale. The original book their relationship better. It was great and making it a romance brought the whole thing down a level. It still being good doesn't mean it wasn't brought down by the TV show writers dumbing it down.

She is SOO good. This show would be next to nothing without her.

You're being idiotic. They held hands, kissed, and embraced. All indicative of the strong emotions they felt for one another, and that visual expression of emotions was the best way to convey to the audience the magnitude of the event, not just a romantic encounter but a meeting between two kindred souls, one that wants to go home but can't and one that never had one and finally found it.

I NEED one of the Venus impact.

You were the one who called it a love story, user. Don't throw "ur an idiot" around for me just echoing you.

First of all, I'm not the one who said that. Second of all, what I've said doesn't mean it's not a love story, you thinking it isn't just means you have a narrow view of love.

Not him. I don't care about all the diversity but why are all the actors so fucking bad. Jean Pierre lmao is awful in my books.

If your response to the Miller + Julie scene was anything less than emotional devastation you need to go back to plebbit. Go post there about how Miller is creep or whatever.

I wouldn't say all of them are bad but Holden could definitely give a better performance. You could argue about Miller but especially after this episode I would say he did the character good.

>No one develops a romantic relationships without even meeting the person.
The show implies that they have already connected through some kind of trans-temporal telepathic means that's sort of like magic.

You can have a passionate night with a chick you hit it off with in a bar. This guy who is good looking for a middle aged dude and gives off an aura of strength and maturity shows up, wakes her out of her dream, validates her identity which she's been on the brink of losing, and then sacrifices himself so she doesn't have to die alone. And is incredibly tender to her the entire time. It's not unbelievable she'd want to kiss him.

They left her all alone they never came for her.But he came a very long way to find her.

This is incest.

miller was ok

>dat toast to the empty seat

Me: I'm gonna take a lunch break now.
My boss: CAN'T STOP THE WORK

It truly baffles me people think she'd do anything less than fully embrace this person giving up his life so at least she doesn't have to die alone.

She doesn't even know what's happening but now there's a real live fucking human there comforting her. I'd kiss a man I didn't know that situation and I'm a straight dude.

The notion that they actually think she'd be like
>ummm excuse me I don't know you, boundaries mister!

Is insane.

This isn't like he tracked her down to a bar and he's trying to hook up.

Reminder belters are scum and will be replaced by automation soon.

Also, mortality really brings your emotions into focus. A lot of relationships are built on the death of a friend. Nothing comforts loss like love.

Reminder he isn't dead

The books become SHIT after the third one

That'll be interesting.

Reminder that he is.

Proto Miller isn't really Miller he even explains this to Holden himself

>implying once a gamma ray burst hits and blows away the atmospheres of Earth and Mars Belters won't be the only ones left

Reminder that the season wont end with we need to talk and TVfags wont know that for at least a year

>become SHIT after the third one
Just like you're mom's holes.