It's time to discuss the greatest sci-fi film ever made

It's time to discuss the greatest sci-fi film ever made.

pic unrelated

>tfw you just downloaded 7300 pics of Neytiri

shame she's so flat

take that back!

she is though, they all are

Ripley's avatar was the only one with cowtits

(dubs)
well she spends most of her time hunting so large breasts would only be inconvenient, not to mention na'vi (especielly females) are very slim in general

which is a shame, I prefer my giant blue alien catgirls THICK

athletic and slim > fat tbhq

Neytiri is literally perfection

you can keep her, I need a girl with thick planet sized hips, which is why I'm claiming eywa

I guess that acceptable

another one of the more obscure waifus, the eastern sea clan leader

>Wah wah wah why won't you talk about muh Avaturds?!?!

serious question: does James Cameron fuck cats?

All this thread is doing is making me miss Abatap.

was this movie bluekino?

why would he do that?

I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture?

Blast from the past.

knowing Abatap killed himself never knowing that there would be another four Avatar sequels makes me immensely happy.

simply put: yes

Just in time for the Oscars, so let's discuss how they snubbed this technological masterpiece.

Firstly, I didn't like Avatar. The plot was paper thin and done a hundred times before, but I do like Cameron's other works, and he is a very capable director. So he spends hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into making this, which at face value is an honestly beautiful film (honestly, it's amazing for CGI in any film to not look outdated within three years by modern standards), but it's all for naught, because the old white men judging the Oscars hated him. They held onto a grudge for 12 fucking years when he won for Titanic and proclaimed himself king of the world, so they disregard how much effort he had put into his own film making, they gave the award to his ex wife who sat under an umbrella in a desert for a few weeks drinking martinis and letting men who actually know how to direct to direct The Hurt Locker for her. It also probably came down to The Hurt Locker painting American soldiers in a positive light, while Avatar was a more realistic portrayal of desensitized command and conquering.

I actually felt bad for Abatap (RIP) when that happened, because Cameron honestly deserved it more.

it won 3 Oscars you dope, for Visual Effects, Art Direction and Cinematography.

it hardly deserves the best movie Oscar, its just a tech demo.

The movie that almost no one remembers, and the rest confuse with The Last Airbender? No need to discuss. It's a boring movie that had great marketing.

Stop! I remember, I care about Neytiri

wait, he's dead?

It was an overall BETTER PICTURE than The Hurt Locker. That's what I was getting at. Both had shortcomings, but Avatar meant more to the combination of technology and storytelling.

its moot anyway since Precious should have won best picture that year

thats what butthurt haters actually believe.
cry more.

daily reminder he'll be back