What does this guy do?

Xhaka is a below average player. he offers nothing defensively other than occupying space, offers nothing offensively, slow, has bad decisions making, and only sometimes makes good passes which everybody on the pitch does better than him, he's not an attacking midfielder nor is he a defensive one, better put in a clear defensive mid and arsenal already have all the attacking players they need up front. they guy wouldn't play in any of the top 6 teams, yet the fans have this deluded opinion of him, he did fucking nothing yesterday in a lot of defensive positions where Ramsey was tracking back and tackling more than him, so I don't know what arsenal fans are talking about when they jerk Xhaka off and talk about how he "occupies the space".

Not an arsenal fan, but I heard people say he was a young Xabi Alonso in the bundesliga. He has a really good long shot and pass, Wenger just doesn't want his players to play like that

soccer is for fags

>he offers nothing defensively other than occupying space
But that's what defending is.

>this post
>this flag

>But that's what defending is.
okay jurgen

Pretty much. Look at how he plays for the NT. A good portion of their attacks are started through him moving it wide to Rodriguez or Lichtsteiner.

you'd know

>Americans
How DO you defend then

Restricting space is how you stop an attack/win the ball back, forget that meme tackling shit.

I don't, which is why I voted for Hillary.

Do you seriously think defending is just occupying a space?
Defending is like 50% communication and he is fucking awful at it. look at the highlights from games where arsenal have shit the bed (a lot of games then lol) and look at how Xhaka "occupies" a space like a useless cow. literally does not know how to time his presses and doesn't ever move with his teammates
i wonder what his teammates think of him in the locker room

why did wenger buy him?
>paying 30 million for a player that absolutely does not fit into your system

being played in the wrong position by wonga like half his squad. he is not a defensive midfielder.

>but I heard people say he was a young Xabi Alonso in the bundesliga

he was garbage in the bundes as well, who the fuck said this?
literally a walking red card.

are you just making shit up

Because wenger has alzheimer's

I never watched him, but he must've been somewhat decent to spend 30mil on?

he is like pirlo but bad

>he must've been somewhat decent to spend 30mil on?
He has a cannon of a left foot and can serve as a deep playmaker, so basically he basically emulated the regista style for a few games against Bundes shitters.
not sure how the wenger coming in and dropping 30 mil on a mediocre playmaker who literally does not fit into arsenals system and literally is positioned as a number 6 more than anything

>not dm
>not am
He’s a box to box midfielder. Works both ways.

Swiss players are pretty much all overrated shitters. Norn Iron showed them up for what they truly are.

If you're a small club with a player on a run of good form, now is the best time to milk English clubs.

Arsenal fans were whinging about not having a "gritty" player who isn't afraid to put a tackle in even if it means getting carded, literally the only reason they bought him was to appease the fans.

Arsenal-fans turned on Xhaka 2 months ago, keep up.

He’s a false 10.

the double pivot consisting of him and Kramer was pretty good.

There are definitely some similarities between him and X.Alonso.

He looks and talks like Ronaldo, that's what he is best at

this

This might be the most retarded thing ive read this month

>a "gritty" player who isn't afraid to put a tackle in even if it means getting carded
who is coquelin
Xhaka is a deep playmaker who is a walking red card

Fucking everything about Arsenal is ass backwards

Aren't his passing stats crazy good though? Thought he had the highest percentage of successful passes last season and this season? Anyone confirm?
He isn't a CDM, he's supposed to knit midfield and attack together, Wenger is just playing him wrong.

He's one of these guys that don't shine due to the role he plays.

A lot of people see him as a defensive midfielder but he's really not a number 6. He's a playmaking number 8 - a poor man's Pirlo or Xabi Alonso.

Arsenal rely on him to switch the play rapidly when the opposition gets tough to break down on one side of the pitch. He's very adept at doing that with his diagonal passes and this is an important function in Arsenal's 3-4-2-1. Because of his playmaking role, teams often seek to press him high up the pitch, which in turn leaves large spaces in between the lines for the like of Ozil, Sanchez and Iwobi to come into and receive the ball.

He's not mobile enough for my liking and his decision-making (especially in defensive situations) often leaves a lot to be desired. He's not helped by the fact that he plays next to a very gung ho box-to-box midfielder in Aaron Ramsey. But he's nowhere near as bad as some people make out and was actually pretty good in the NLD.

>yet the fans have this deluded opinion of him, he did fucking nothing yesterday in a lot of defensive positions where Ramsey was tracking back and tackling more than him, so I don't know what arsenal fans are talking about when they jerk Xhaka off and talk about how he "occupies the space".

thats complete and utter nonsense that you just made up.

he gets tonnes of stick of arsenal fans

kys you fabricating cunt

his problem is that he's as slow as a week in jail and is horrendously one footed. hes also a bit of a brainlet and makes stupid decisions/doesnt see things at times

very good passer though. wont see the best of him until hes had 2 or 3 full seasons in england

To be fair, after the most recent transfer window, 30 million is pretty cheap.

he's being used as a holding mid, when he clearly isn't suited for that role

His distribution is really nice but his completion % isn't good. He's third in the league in passes completed and first in misplaced passes.

>thats complete and utter nonsense that you just made up.
uh yeah sure not like everyone dickrided him after the last match
>How colossal Granit Xhaka made a mockery of Dembele & Sissoko to inspire Arsenal win over Spurs
This is an actual article title.
You Arsenal faggots are full of shit and you know it. Week in week out everyone attacks Ozil for being weak with his pressing and making poor defensive positioning choices (rightfully so) but Arsenal fans are not so quick to ride Xhakas ass for not properly playing the holding mid role, something he actually did well in the double pivot system w Kramer. No one gave him shit for being literally first in misplaced places in the league.
KYS (know your shit).

Yes, but he occupies the wrong space

>get praised for one good game
>this means the fans love him and have a deluded opinon of him

lmao

what a fucking loser you are kid

nobody likes xhaka. you dont have to try make things up

yeah, they sure love him, don't they?

kys you fcucking loser

>walking red card
>walking red card
>walking red card

he's not even close to being the most reckless player in the PL. he gets a rough ride by the refs because of his reputation and the fact that he plays with players who have little to no aggression.

Even Deli Alli or Pogba are bigger red card liabilities.

did you actually search for all posts with "xhaka" on sp and then screenshot it? jesus christ dude you are fucking retarded
> LARPers on Sup Forums users reflect what the mainstream AFTV pakis think

I often think /arse/ hates Arsenal more than me.

>makes up nonsense about arsenal fans liking xhaka
>gets proven that he is literally the most disliked player by their fans
>"n-n-no n-n-not those f-fans!!!11! t-t-they d-dont count!11!!!!!!1 i-i-i m-mean the o-o-ther ones!!!!

lmao, the absolute state of you kiddo.

you can go to arsenalfantv and see plenty of people shitting on xhaka too

This thread sheds light on what is basically a part of a much greater problem, which is Wenger basically getting Alzheimer's and forgetting how positioning works and how systems work and that you kinda need to give a player a role they are suited for

did you not see his performance vs tottenham? he dominated that midfield on his own and pretty much controlled the flow of the game when it wasn't end to end towards the end of the game

Did Wenger play him as in the deep playmaker role or holding mid vs Spurs on saturday? didnt watch the match