Can someone please explain to me why SOME people truly believe he was not the Greatest of All Time?

Can someone please explain to me why SOME people truly believe he was not the Greatest of All Time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e4fzeK3SQa4
youtube.com/watch?v=OEaT-d4aQfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

whos that nigger?

Shit at keepy uppy

People want to feel like they're watching the GOAT right now. Also the idea of everything now is better than the past.

@79807294
Try reading the filename you illiterate 56%er

He never beat Ali

played in era when football was played by hard drinking smoking players who could not defend to save their lives, he be playing in the lower leagues of Brazil if he was around today

because he played when the world was in black and white

stat padded his whole career in a babby league. counted goals score playing subbutteo in his official records. Sure he was good for his time but nothing special compared to Messi and players in the last 20 years. Obviously though if he was around today he would have proper training and play in Europe. Pretty meaningless to compare different eras

youtube.com/watch?v=e4fzeK3SQa4

Aren't beckenbauer and bobby more considered one of the greats and from that era?

>babby league
Didn't brazil win the world cups in his time with local time therefore proving the local league was superior to the european one?

Pelé vs Europe:
youtube.com/watch?v=OEaT-d4aQfo

s/time/talent/

name 1 (ONE) better player

I literally can't.

Because he was black. Blacks are only GOAT In American "sports" that DON'T require skill or finesse.

Sup Forums not welcome.

Because he never tried his luck in Europe playing against the best in the world every week.
Even Maradona played at Napoli.

Brazilian league was the best in the world in the 60s. Santos destroyed european champion Benfica

None of the world cup champions from 1958, 1962 and 1970 played in Yurope. What makes you think they had the best leagues?

No sweetie

Because I hate Brazilians

>el bermudEÑO

People keep conveniently forgetting this.

Football doesn't count before the late 80s-early 90s. I can bet my pinky toe that Crystal Palace will beat everyone from those eras simply by being physically superior. Also now even the center backs have the skills of attackers from 40 years ago

I know this board loves to be contrarian and all but Messi is the best player that ever stepped on a field.

too old to remember and before tv massification

Play on 60s pitch conditions and with a 60s ref.

Look, he has a fantastic goalscoring record. Certainly in the Libertadores and the Intercontinental Cup, he came up against the very best and excelled. But he only played in those competitions 2/3 times.

The rest of his prime was spent playing in a regional league in Brazil, which didn't introduce a national league until he was in his 30s and on the decline. Some of the teams he played in the regional league were abject and he had a steady diet of friendlies against shitters in which to stat-pad.

He was a good goalscorer for the national team but was never the best player in any of their World Cup wins. He netted plenty of goals in 1958 but nobody at the time considered him the best player in that team. He was actually pretty mediocre in 1962 (where he had injury problems) and 1966. He was a good member of the team in 1970 but again, there were other stars within that side who shone brighter than him.

The level of football being played in the 1960s was so inferior to today that it's difficult to really compare him with Ronaldo or Messi. Players in the 1960s approached football the way Sunday League sides do today.

For all these reasons, it's difficult to really call him the GOAT. He was the product of a very different time.

lol as if winning the MLS is an achievement

They would be like Djorooroo and Chris Smalling in this era

>playing against Brazilian farmers