Daily reminder this actually happened

daily reminder this actually happened

Other urls found in this thread:

themoviedb.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

daily reminder that themoviedatabase is the new IMDB.

It is basically the same with discussion forums on every movie so spread the word for everyone to go there
themoviedb.org/

>oh no the majority of our users have conservative opinions now what do we do
>shutitdown.bmp

>the majority of our users have conservative opinions now

lel

No reminder needed. A lot of those fucks post here now.

>decision was based on data and traffic
In other words, no it wasn't.

I noticed this last week

>Movies are getting worse every year
>remove message boards

wow what a surprise

Do you really believe this?

I don't know what movies you retards were looking at on IMDB, but even big movies only had a couple of discussions open and they were usually started by retards asking for some self explanatory plot point to be made clear to them.

I always wondered why imdb ever had the capability for any user input beyond reviews.

it's almost if you can choose to ignore certain subjects that you don't find interesting

Does anyone know if existing threads will be archived?

Yes it is so ridiculous for him to reach this premise. I mean shit never gets shut down for being too conservative right?

Not everywhere is open to constant off-topic bickering like Sup Forums

>I want what's best for my country and my countrymen
>reeee nazi reeee

they're already gone

No, but at least we have some screenshots of the kino experts on imdb.

it's so dumb
I went to the message boards specifically for the dumb questions and pointless debates about minutiae. I relished in reading every "is it just me ......." thread on ugly actors where everyone is
swooning over fucking steve buscemi
when I went to flatliners board I wanted nothing more than to read non-native english speakers speculating about life after death.
it was all endearing because it was such an unassuming atmosphere. it genuinely felt like average people using their own words to talk about these movies

>Polanski
is he advocating pedophilia?

i went there after every single movie i watched to read up on interesting stuff about the movie and its actors. And there always was some interesting stuff on there

fucking Sup Forumsyp

>Oh no my main movie forum I frequent is shut down. Where will I give now? I know, I'll go to Sup Forums

This is how dumb you are

They're gone

A lot of them are archived at moviechat.org though

Amazon is in the business of selling movies. The consumer has a very good reason to be suspicious of a business hiding consumer input.

It's IMDb retard not Sup Forums

yea. now I have no incentive of going there now and I didn't realize it before the forums were gone. I don't simply want the information (which director did what, what actor acted in what) but I wanted a general idea of what people thought about this person/movie even if it wasn't some well-studied analysis on the matter

on imdb you could follow up a post years after the fact and the atmosphere was completely different. a person could write something like "she was really hot!" on catriona maccoll's board and two years later another person could reply with a story about their father and how he used to date her something

>themoviedb.org/

that looks pleb as fuck jesus christ

This was the last copypaste I liked from IMDb:

>If you are going to watch a movie for true events and a history lesson then you're probably one of the stupidest *beep* in the world. I feel missed the last place you should look for truth.

>It's amazing how no one cares how historically inaccurate Braveheart or any of these movies filmed in Africa with all white cast on. But everybody wants to talk about the accuracy of this film.

>And for the record dumbass just because something is not shown in a film doesn't mean it didn't happen. You don't see people taking a dump in these films either. But thats doesn't mean nobody *beep*

>yea. now I have no incentive of going there now and I didn't realize it before the forums were gone. I don't simply want the information (which director did what, what actor acted in what) but I wanted a general idea of what people thought about this person/movie even if it wasn't some well-studied analysis on the matter

exactly
never using imdb or amazon again

So which one will be the new IMDB? themoviedb.org or moviechat.org?

I see that the latter seems to have some imported threads from IMDB, if I'm not mistaken.

>implying you wouldn't

One day I hope they exterminate every single hive for internet autists so we can finally force them into the light of day so they can face the harsh reality of the outside world.

rip imdb

Will Youtube comments be next?

>Forums are shit and attract trolls amd meme shitposters
>fuck this shit shut it down
FTFY

>he thinks the decision was made because of trolls

l
m
a
o

they got paid by hollywood to shut them down because people hated new movies