Why do people constantly go out of their way to tell Don that he's good looking? Like he doesn't already know

Why do people constantly go out of their way to tell Don that he's good looking? Like he doesn't already know

>Pete and Roger call him handsome all the time
>British car salesman says Don is walking around in a nice car every day
>car guys in California say they want to build a car that looks like Don
>Jim Hobart calls Don handsome
>Mathis calls Don handsome even when he's mad at him

Is this what life is like for attractive people in real life? A never ending shower of compliments? Will normies really worship you like this if you have a nice face

Because it's realistic. Weiner talks about it in commentary, as it relates to Betty too. We're so used to entire casts consisting of really really ridiculously good looking people that that seems normal to us, as if it's not a thought in the in-story world. It is, Don is exceptionally handsome in story and Betty is exceptionally beautiful and those are important plot points. Don, as you said Mathis and others point out, is only sort of able to become to man he is by playing the part, which means looking perfect. Betty's able to coast by in life, as a young model then a trophy wife 2x by being exceptionally beautiful. Their status as alpha couple in the series, being told they look like wedding toppers, etc. Is important. They both look at the other, on the surface, as their ideal. Don seeing Betty as the ideal blonde to fill out his family fantasy, not realizing she's mentally and emotionally arrested. Betty seeing Don as a successful Ken doll, knowing nothing of his past.

But are attractive people in real life really worshipped by everyone they meet like in this show

Attractive, not necessarily. Objectively aesthetically perfect, yes.

>aesthetically perfect
Don's nose is kind of big and his jawline isn't that strong and he has a receding hairline and no cheekbones.

He is a handsome guy but he's not perfect looking.

Depends. Now we're so used to seeing faggy male model types that we're desensitized. But a truly distinguished type of attractive like Don will get a lot of this.

Not so much a compliment as much as saying "you largely only have so much because of something you haven't earned." It's envy.

user pls. Minor imperfections, in balance w/ the larger whole, are part of beauty.

Did they bang?

>Don's nose is kind of big

Just an indicator of a big dick, which we know Hamm has.

Yes. If you are attractive, people shower you with compliments all the time, but only if they are familiar with you and friendly. You wont get randos on the street saying wow king ur so beautiful, but your acquaintances and friends will comment on it

Yes. Have you been outside before?

I look like a finnish Don Draper and fämälämäs do tell me im handsome

>You wont get randos on the street saying wow king ur so beautiful

But that's literally what happens to Don.

He chats with those car guys in California for two minutes and they feel the need compliment him on his looks.

John Hamm is gay faggot

Flattery is the norm in business.

>salesmen will compliment you

WHOA, it's almost like they're trying to get on your good side, you gigantic retard

Don has a persona that is larger than life. He is tall,smart,successful,rich and good looking like a movie star.

Viljami nukkumaan

>nothing ever happened with her /ss/ subplot
I came just from the tension.

>finnish Don Draper

What does that even look like

Don's features are very Anglo Saxon

because good looking people get treated like kangz

No he isn't you idiot.

So how do they try to flatter you if you're an ugly guy

>The look in her eye
You just know

Ugly people usually find a way to compensate for being ugly, like dressing well or buying expensive accessories like watches and jewelry. They'll find some way to compliment you.

If you're a slovenly dressed genetic failure, they probably won't waste their time on you, or just bully you into buying something.

You are sharp! Not many people would think about that.

>Is this what life is like for attractive people in real life?

Yep. It's pretty nice.

>People do this to me a lot too

I'm nowhere near Don levels but I've noticed people tell me I'm good looking and handsome a lot too. And yes, none of them being women around my age.

It's a normie meme that "you can do it if you try". Most uglyfags don't realize how hypocritical most normalfags are. If you are good looking you will be hit on by girls so much that you eventually will be fucking women even if you are a shy faggot.
Hell, I'm an uglyfag, and have been hit on by women 3 or 4 times in my life. Sure they were ugly fucks but imagine the equivalent a good looking normalfag has. At least 20X times that and good looking girls.
Generally when people say "you must try to get girls" tell them to fuck off. The only "trying" those good looking normal fags do is to not kill themselves and generally be barely OK at rudimentary stuff.

>just realized people are comstantly telling me that I seem like I'm really smart

Fuck

>>Is this what life is like for attractive people in real life?

THE BUBBLE

>The only "trying" those good looking normal fags do is to not kill themselves and generally be barely OK at rudimentary stuff.
heh... y.. you're just being ironic, t..typical Sup Forums hyperbole.... r..right?

At least you noticed it,there is that. The truth is that everyone thinks that they are smart and that word lost all it's meaning,if anything someone calling you a smart is condescending.

It's true. That character is generally realistic. He happened to be born tall, handsome, he is a drunk fucking idiot and girls hit on him on an almost-daily basis.
If an uglyfag like me without even trying got hit on by girls 3-4 times within 10-20 years, imagine what a Don can do.
It's generally a hypocritical meme that every man must try. No. Good looking normal fags will be fucking women anyway.

is John Slattery roger in real life

>an uglyfag like me without even trying got hit on by girls 3-4 times

You must not be that ugly. I have literally never been hit on in my life.

>none of them being women around my age.
ding ding ding

I could be barely cute from some angles but I was generally a fat fuck, and I'm generally old, it wasn't frequent at all.

How do I become this handsome?

its true, but does happen

but no amount of compliments ever makes that little seedling of doubt go away

if anything its an addiction—you keep needing the positive feedback to reinforce your self image, and when you don't get it for one reason or another, it torpedoes your self image

now I'm not going to say being good looking is hard or anything, but nothing is a panacea

>that way they tossed sal to the curb in both the show and real life

If you have been hit on at all, you're not ugly. And being fat is your own fault. Now fuck off

You don't know the meaning of ugly.

it does happen*

And how do you think ugly guys who have never gotten a compliment in our lives feel? You think we're a picture of mental health and high self esteem?

Being an ugly guy in this world means a lifetime of loneliness, self hatred, mockery, resenting your parents for making you, and existential despair.

Being fat is another meme that it's always your fault. The medical science does not deserve the term science. But that is another discussion for another board.

>tfw a girl that i work with came up to me out of the blue today and told me that I looked cute
That's a bad thing right? If she was actually attracted to me then she would go about it another way.

hence the last sentence uglyfriend

Depends entirely on the delivery and context.

If she said it randomly she is into you, if she said it in a "sisterly" manner the opposite, she thinks she will help you get self-esteem.

It was pretty out of the blue. She wasn't talking to anybody else prior, she just sort of walked by, turned to me and said that I looked cute, I glanced at her and it looked like she was trying to eyefuck me for 3 seconds and then walked away, I was occupied with something and she walked away before I could say something back so I spilled spaghetti everywhere and didn't say anything.

Sort of.

My older brother is really handsome and 6'3" tall and he's been told by men and women that he's really good looking but most of the time its not just randomly said to him.

A few times I've been out in bars and shit with him and people would ask things like "who's your good looking friend?" Or would as him to talk to their friend or whatever. Rarely do people just outright tell him he's a stud though it has happened.

>mfw living in then shadow of my good looking brother

>have gotten only one compliment in my life
>a fat middle aged black woman in the ghetto said I was cute and wanted to bang

I wasn't interested, but does that count? Is it better than nothing?

I was wearing a hat at the time so she couldn't see I was bald

honestly, yes.
I was a 7/10, until Suits came out. I look more or less exactly like MIke Ross, so when that hit, I wet up to a 8.5/10.

I didnt grow up hot though, I was self conscious about my weight as a kid and gravitated to future 4channers as friends. I didnt pull my head out of my ass til mid highschool when a chick asked me how I wasnt getting head every weekend because I was cute and played football.

That was well over a decade ago, and life has only gotten better.

ProTip: Everyone is hot, and you will be too once you conquer the basics, and find what brings you social positivity.

I know how you feel user

Why is the older brother always the Chad and the younger one always the loser?

At least it was female. I have been hit on by a 67 year old faggot who said "I like a lot of things, I also like cocks".

Genetic material gets diminished in quality the older you are. Kids should be made at 18 yo really. We got used to having kids after 30 and most of them are ugly fucks.

>Everyone is hot

wtf i need to multiply and fast!

I will help you assholes out. Some people are intangibly, unavoidably attractive—they wake up in the morning are hot, they get off the treadmill are hot, they gain twenty pounds are hot, etc. etc. Their skin glows, they're light from within, you desperately want too be around them.

Thats not you! But thats okay. You can probably look better than you do.

1. Visit a dermatologist. Home acne remedies are quite frankly bullshit. Acne is hornonal, so visit a doctor.

2. Diet. Lift weights as well, but BF% is the number one variable in terms of handsomeness.

3. Cultivate your interests, personally and professionally. Than you won't care about women—and suddenly you will be attractive.

I like how he's such a ungroomed fag in real life. It's a lie that good looking men try at all like in that series. They just get successful anyway.

>2. Diet. Lift weights as well, but BF% is the number one variable in terms of handsomeness.

how to get thick neck fastest pls

Is this babyfaced numale looking faggot seriously considered a 8.5?

I would have thought maybe a 6 at best

i dress like an incognito celeb, w the shades and low hat brim and stuff, just to watch pedestrians stare to see if they recognize me

In most cases but not always.

>hang out with a guy
>he is a chad who dated older girls when he was in high school
>he bullies his brother not outright but he dislikes him and berates him
>later I found out that his brother is 3 years older than him

But to stick to the point,the younger brother is usually the baby and he is more coddled by the parents while the older has more time to find outside friends.

PURE

>dermatolgist
>diet

None of that helps me. My skin is fine and I'm in good physical shape.

My problem isn't body fat. My problem is the bone structure of my face is hideous.

People bring up mewing a lot, but I'm already an adult, and mewing takes years to work, if it even works at all.

Some of us are just fucked and there's nothing we can do unless we have the money for surgery (and I don't). And it doesn't help that I'm bald.

Yes. Not to sound like a faggot, but I'm pretty good looking, I use to get it all the time when I actually use to leave my house. If you are attractive, people are not afraid to say it because they think you are already well aware of it.

>tfw mom had me when she was 38

im still a hot 193cm chad though

>If you are attractive, people are not afraid to say it because they think you are already well aware of it.

Then what's the point of saying it?

>his father died hating him
>his gf if 1.5 decades left him
>Jon Hamm went to rehab for alcoholism
We're all broken

I bet you're fat

they like to say it

they like to make you happy

because you're hot

>parents have me before even out of high school
>always an attractive young boy
>parents divorce when i'm still an infant
>grandmother ends up taking care of me, but never really disciplines me
>overeat and get fat

Least I'm dieting and exercising daily now, but I'm nearly 30 and all that potential is largely gone.

>Is this what life is like for attractive people in real life?

yes and no. if you're a literal perfect 10 as in like one of the 10 most physically attractive people in the world then probably yes. with tv and advertisements and whatnot showing amazingly beautiful people constantly most of us have become very desensitized to pretty people.

if you're a 7 or 8 or something above that, then there's still many, many other factors. how you dress is a big one, your hair has to be nicely styled, looking well off makes it more likely, you need to live in a place where women are socially allowed to hit on men and so on.

usually i just wear my schlub clothes like hoodies and shit jeans and do nothing with my facial or head hair and i don't get too much attention like that. people still act nicer to you than they would if you were ugly, but the compliments and people hitting on you don't really start until you get fashionable with a nice haircut and clothes, but then they can become common as long as you socialize.

aside from gay people, of course. in my experience if you have handsome facial aesthetics then every gay man will hit on you regardless of what you wear.

And finnish people are mongolian.

I'm not. If you're going to make baseless assumptions then this conversation will go nowhere. Fat people have no excuse. It's their own fault and I have no sympathy for them. But some people are just ugly and there's nothing they can do.

It's just how people are. You can say how attractive a man is most of the time without any draw backs. With women you could come off like a creep or a lesbian. So people are more willing to say whats on their mind.

Right. They're completely different from Anglos genetically. So what does a "Finnish Don Draper" even look like

Are you smart?

>tfw people keep coming up to you and saying how my board really suits me

Does this mean i was considered pretty ugly before? I mean my Electric razor broke and i cba to fix it..

Can confirm

I'm like a 5 out of 10 (at best), but I'm an exceptional conversationalist, and really good at faking a ton of confidence - always told how witty and hilarious I am. No matter what, I still get overshadowed by the most shy awkward closet homo 7/10.

Confidence is definitely key to getting anywhere in life, but even then it'll only get you so far with women. They're just human afterall

>board
how do you fix a skateboard with an electric razor

They were both really good looking especially when they're young tho. Look at them

So good.. Beauty of youth

Damn after seeing this im thinking he might actually be gay. I saw his hand like that in a pic before

Dont do it dude, impregnate women

do you have six-pack

if no, get one.

you're face will get commensurately more handsome

This post is the truth.

>that nose

Is Jon Hamm part Jewish

He's holding his cig away from his clothes/Peggy, more utilitarian than feminine.

>a six pack on your abdomen will make your face more handsome

Do you know anything about how the maxilla and the jaw bone and the cheekbones work? That is the problem here. It's not body fat or muscle tone.

look man I might be wrong about you but most people who say they're 'in shape' are actually heavier than they could be

and dropping weight makes your face look better, thats a fact

maybe you're ugly and ripped idk

I don't know,it's not on me to say. I am just saying that being called smart means nothing because everyone of us really thinks that they are smart.

>Damn after seeing this im thinking he might actually be gay

45 years old
never married
no children

what do you think sherlock

>you're a big guy

I unironically get that one all the time. Not sure how I feel about it.

That's better than when you're a skinny ugly guy. Everybody assumes you're either a pothead or an awkward loser.

>tfw your parents and their friends ask you why im still single

Fuck them have they just been messing with me all this time?

What % of fatties can claim it's genetic?

Sort of like a 6"4' skinny guy with down syndrome.