>THREAD THEME:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kp9WoX_8sbs

>RETARDED BREXIT PROTESTERS
youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3Q5hHeb6k

>NIGEL'S FULL RESIGNATION SPEECH
youtube.com/watch?v=z-QwY0mZzuA

>LEADSOM IS POLLING AHEAD OF MAY
twitter.com/britainelects/status/750008876850900994

>FASCIST MAY FORCES TELEGRAPH TO PULL ARTICLE TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT HER RECORD
order-order.com/2016/07/02/telegraph-pulled-article-critical-theresa-may-campaign-pressure/

>ANDREA LEADSOM: "FREE MOVEMENT WILL END", VOWS TO TRIGGER ARTICLE 50 "AS SOON AS SHE BECOMES PRIME MINISTER"
bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-36570120
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/03/tory-leadership-andrea-leadsom-says-she-can-be-the-new-margaret/

>THERESA MAY: TRADE WITH EUROPE "MUST BE A PRIORITY", WILL NOT INVOKE ARTICLE 50 BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR
itv.com/news/2016-06-30/theresa-may-launches-tory-leadership-bid/

>LEAVE.EU BACKS LEADSOM FOR TORY LEADER
bristolpost.co.uk/arron-banks-and-nigel-farage-s-leave-campaign-back-andrea-leadsom-for-tory-leader/story-29466185-detail/story.html

>TORY LEADERSHIP ELECTION: SENIOR MPS PLANNING ON FORCING REMAINER CRABB INTO SECOND PLACE AND THEN CONVINCING HIM TO LET REMAINER THERESA MAY RUN UNOPPOSED
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/senior-tories-plotting-bring-quick-end-leadership-contest/

>KEKWELL "WILL NOT STAND FOR LEADERSHIP AFTER NIGEL FARAGE"
twitter.com/daily_politics/status/749942344498151424

>SCARED ANGELA EAGLE: "C-CORBYN PLEASE QUIT"
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36693835

>CHILCOT: "BLAIR WON'T BE PUT ON TRIAL FOR WAR CRIMES BUT SOLDIERS MIGHT BE"
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/02/outrage-as-war-crimes-prosecutors-say-tony-blair-will-not-be-inv/

>CHRIS EVANS ABANDONS TOP GEAR
bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/05/how-remain-failed-inside-story-doomed-campaign
archive.is/fZLBX
theguardian.com/world/2011/dec/09/david-cameron-blocks-eu-treaty
beaumaris.com/town.html
forbes.com/sites/stevekeen/2015/01/14/beware-of-politicians-bearing-household-analogies-3/
mishcon.com/news/firm_news/article_50_process_on_brexit_faces_legal_challenge_to_ensure_parliamentary_involvement_07_2016
bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36705580
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Orange curd

Teach You A Leadsom

Decent little read – on the Guardian of all places:

HOW REMAIN FAILED: THE INSIDE STORY OF A DOOMED CAMPAIGN

theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/05/how-remain-failed-inside-story-doomed-campaign

>mostly meaningless
You're wrong. Whether or not they're 'obliged' to trigger article 50 is irrelevant. You can't ask people what they think then turn round and say "sorry, we shouldn't have asked because we're not doing it" is asking for trouble. You think there has been a spike in hate crime since the referendum? Watch what happens if the referendum is ignored.

I'd love some info on how often vetoes are used by eu members

Lads, my trendy m8's are saying we should be federalizing the UK. Is that a bad idea in some way?

>Is that a bad idea in some way?
Yes.

There is an infographic knocking round, but I can't find it. Thought I'd saved it. Sure someone will post it.

Apparently we used them quite often

how doe a curd differ from a jam?

teh guardian, top kek mate, and you didn't even archive.is? fucking newfags

if that happens it would become apparant that our government has stopped caring what we think(as if they ever did), and things will get a bit tasty

It's essentially impossible, and nobody really wants it.

Imagine if the USA was 4 states, but 80% of the population lived in one of them. Even if you split England up into counties (in itself something nobody really wants) to balance it, they would still have a national identity and co-operate against the outlying nations in their own interest.

The nationalists won't want it because it would either result in substantial reductions in funding given the current financial situation of Scotland, or because new funding arrangements wouldn't secure sufficient subsidy in the long term (because they would still be outvoted federally.)

Devolution is about as good as it gets.

It's all we ever did. We were left in a position where we couldn't actually change anything, the only thing we could do was say no thanks to everything.

Why

And every time we said no, we got it anyway.

On mobile m8. Couldn't be arsed.

It undermines the supremacy of parliament.

Here's the archive seeing as you're so sensitive for whatever reason:

archive.is/fZLBX

m80s there's fucking ships in that river and fields in the background, so forgive me if I doubt that that's London. I would've gone with a town/city at some estuary, possibly in the south/southeast.

But all I really wanted to know is whether your towns really looked like that back then. Hell, they even have painted facades.

this is the only record of a veto being used i could find
theguardian.com/world/2011/dec/09/david-cameron-blocks-eu-treaty
we did it, they ganged up and ignored it

sick of this veto argument that ignores qualified majority voting supersedes it.

you redeem yourself, not that I will ever read the guardian

my dad used to buy it before he passed away, they rang up three times to ask him to renew, stupid faggots ring dead people multiple times?

it's really gone down hill lately too, must be the most anti-White, anti-British, paper in the country

A curd is made with egg yolk and butter

>not brit/pol/

MIGRATE

cheers

>m80s there's fucking ships in that river
>RIVER

also, I dunno, there are a few picturesque seaside towns like beaumaris

beaumaris.com/town.html

oh shut up

>my dad used to buy it before he passed away, they rang up three times to ask him to renew, stupid faggots ring dead people multiple times?
That's just terrible. There should be laws against that kind of thing, last thing a grieving relative wants is to be reminded and hassled for money.

I could understand if they did it once, it's not like they could have known the first time

Yeah, agreed. Once should be enough though.

Every single poster in that thread is a 1 post by this ID wonder and it's 90% concern trolls.
Fuck your shit thread, there will be no consensus cracking here.

question for the slow thread

Is it possible to reduce the welfare bill?
Or would any government to attempt it be voted out

practically, I think it's not possible unless both major parties agreed on it, and what are the chances of that happening? insted we will end up in hyperinflation like weimar germany

The welfare bill is fuck all in the scheme of things, especially compared to corporate tax dodging.

With all the money we won't have to pay to the EU, we will not be worried for money.
But of course they will use BREXIT to demonise things somehow, and cut them. Especially as they know it's those people who voted Leave the most.

Not really.

People ignore the cynical usefulness of welfare. You need to give people something to lose to minimize social unrest, and there are currently less job openings than there are people on JSA, before you even factor in people who're not working but living on savings, etc.

You could fuck the disabled by cutting the amount given to those on ESA.

>the welfare bill is fuck all

It's the largest bit

Could be covered with one weeks EU money.

And all this really shows is they've cut funding everywhere else too much. And they have cut dole A LOT. More suicides over it since the tories got in than ever before. Especially disabled people.

Social protection goes beyond just dole, though.

I know - I never specified dole.
There isn't a single western nation that isn't a bankrupt welfare state.
Child benefits, minimum wage, tax-free income thresholds, council housing, unemployment insurance, pensions, sickness benefits, maternity benefits etc. - how many are actually necessary?

and how many could a government reduce / remove without widespread rioting? Probably none.

You give people shit for free long enough and they start to see it as a human right.

>There isn't a single western nation that isn't a bankrupt welfare state.
Norway.

It's not that big a deal anyway. We're not bankrupt. We owe a good bit of our debt to ourselves, and in any case national debt functions radically different to personal debt. ( forbes.com/sites/stevekeen/2015/01/14/beware-of-politicians-bearing-household-analogies-3/ )

We can reduce the welfare bill by deporting all nonproductive foreigners.

Basically this. The welfare state only started to become a burden when every Ahmed and Jamal from overseas could come here and get a free house and bennies for shitting out kids with whichever fat bird would let them preg her.

>There isn't a single western nation that isn't a bankrupt welfare state.
true

>You give people shit for free long enough and they start to see it as a human right.
also true
a lot of people eomehow believe they have the right to food, housing, medical care, etc, on someone elses dime

not really true imo, once you give gibs, you can't take them back or the public will vote for the other chaps

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

It can be used to stimulate the economy also as the poor tend to spend the little they have rather than save. It's why people are arguing for Helicopter money as opposed to QE, as QE goes to the rich to inflate equities and barely filters down to the real economy. Albeit, negative CB interests rates are applying a similar role in getting the 2% to open there purses a little more.

I never said we would remove the gibs.

We need to remove the "refugees".

Pre-emptive Reminder that contrary to the popular meme that women are the cause of welfare states, British women have traditionally voted Conservative. It's men that backed Labour in droves.

Reminder that without women voters, Britain would've had more Labour governments before Blairism, not less.

Men voted Labour when they were the party of unions and the working class, because men were the workforce

I agree we need to remove the rapefugees, but we're already in massive debt from the decades of gibs, and we still run a defecit every year

Interesting, the Tory Blairites really do have a lot to answer for. Gives a little hope for Leadsom who is a traditional conservative.

>we still run a defecit every year
I'm guessing the EU had a lot to do with that.

a large part of it is gibs, including the NHS with nearly as many managers a nurses

stupid bitch is already giving away barganing chips, sad!

Leadsome is using EU citizens as a bargaining chip, she's trading it for Britons living in the EU and the moral high ground

>the moral high ground
kek

>she's trading it for Britons living in the EU
trading 3 million for 1 million? what a brilliant gambit

If she uses them it's political suicide and you know it, putting that many citizens lives at risk for the sake of a bit of leverage turns her into the anti-Christ

>turns her into the anti-Christ
oh dear, you are scraping the barrel huh?

she has given up a card, before the negotiation begins

our leaders are incompetent, they don't know what they are doing, our negotiators are stupid

The powers that be will probably try and screw us over this somehow.
3/4 of MPs wanted to remain.

>The powers that be will probably try and screw us over this somehow.
they want to, that's for sure, but I don't think they'll be able to, there is too much resentment(in the people) and fear of more jo cockses(in te pols)

>3/4 of MPs wanted to remain.
yes, although I heard it was 500/650? so like 10/13ths? what happens when the politicians no longer represent the people? when they are hostile to the voters?

Lawyers Baron David Pannick QC, Tom Hickman, Rhodri Thompson QC and Anneli Howard have been in contact with government lawyers since June 27. They want to ensure the government will “uphold the UK constitution and protect the sovereignty of Parliament” when considering the move.
It claims if Brexit legislation is not approved by parliament, the decision to withdraw could be “unlawful”. That would “negatively impact” future relationships with the EU and 27 states leaving them open to “legal challenge”.

Forgot link mishcon.com/news/firm_news/article_50_process_on_brexit_faces_legal_challenge_to_ensure_parliamentary_involvement_07_2016

they're pissing up a rope, and it's not wise to break your promises to 17.5 million angry people

This image ages like a fine wine

Don't forget this one either
>Would Brexit violate UK citizens' rights?

bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36705580

>Jewish law firm tries to undo the will of the people

Couldn't have expected this one