If God is all-knowing then how do you explain the story of Noah...

If God is all-knowing then how do you explain the story of Noah? Why would an all-knowing being command the destruction of his own creations? Wouldn't he know that humans are flawed? You know, being all-knowing and all...

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140312150229.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>what is free will

There already is a sentient race of perfect beings, they live in paradise. Come on get ur lore straight

fallen angels had babies with human women and spawned the nephelim, abominations of God's creation.

jk idk man lol

Free will, we have the choice of trying to be like god to the best of our ability's all he asks is we try. Or we have the option to behave as beasts. That said if He wants to wreck our shit not much we can do other than try to do what is right.

>Why would an all-knowing being command the destruction of his own creations?
Because he wanted to. Things only happen through his will
>Wouldn't he know that humans are flawed?
They aren't, they're exactly as he made them to be. They can't be otherwise, nothing can.
>what is free will
Something can't exist in a system with an omnipotent creator.

Short version - The devil and his demons infected the human bloodline.

They created Nephelim and other monsters.

If God did not purge the unclean human lines then there would not be humanity today.

Now you know.

>Something that
Again, free will can not exist in a system with an omnipotent creator. In such a scenario things would only happen because he wills them to happen. We'd only do things because he made us to do those things.

> Something can't exist in a system with an omnipotent creator.

So you believe you're a puppet on strings? Everything is predetermined?

>Something can't exist in a system with an omnipotent creator

Humans can both have free will and God can know everything. Fedoras are small thinkers.

No, I don't believe that because I don't believe in an omnipotent creator. A man makes his own choices.

does the book of enoch tell of this, friendo?

friendos, atheists and theists should never argue

Not really, this is the problem with absolute concepts like omniscience.

God can know everything that COULD happen, but he can't know everything that will happen whilst maintaining free well. It can't be free will if it's destined to happen. He could know every possibility in perfect detail, but if he knows for sure, it isn't free will.

If he knows every possibility, as impressive as that would be, it's no different to me knowing that if I flip a coin I will get either heads or tails. It isn't omniscience.

>Humans can both have free will and God can know everything
No, those are pretty contradictory. Either he created everything and knows everything and therefore everything that is done is only that way because he made it to be that way or he doesn't know everything and/or didn't create everything and therefore we do make choices.
>Fedoras are small thinkers.
But you're a big thinker because you can hold to logically inconsistent positions.
Wow, you're picture of a hat sure got me.
>does the book of enoch tell of this, friendo?
Have you not read the story of Noah?

Why hasn't he killed all non-whites then, why are the Muslims winning?

>i don't understand anything outside of time

As I said, fedoras are small thinkers.

>im triggered by the hat

That was the general idea. Have another.

So your position is that the way in which he can both know the future, and not have created a predetermined future is just beyond human comprehension?

If you're implying you understand it, please explain it. These are logically inconsistent positions. Either we're puppets or god isn't omniscient.

I'm actually trying to explain my position and show why I think the ideas of an omnipotent creator and free will are incompatible, you're just spouting drivel and posting hat pictures.
So, I guess you are the winner here.
Also, here have a different kind of hat.

he choose not to know since he is all power full

god and satan are playing chess and then suddenly satan says should you not look at your humans , then god goes whoaa what the fuck are they doing

>So you believe you're a puppet on strings? Everything is predetermined
That, or god was retarded when he created Eve.

Sure it can, we have free will, and I assume he is up there just doing what ever god does not intervening. An omnipotent being capable of doing anything could choose to do nothing for an undetermined amount of time. Honestly I don't know I am not god.

>compatibilism
>molinism
I know it's easy to think free will doesn't exist with an omniscient creator, but if actually look different branches of philosophy, it may help you understand why the duality of free will and omniscience can be coherent.

Here a bit from the bible how god works

Cain Murders Abel

8And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

9And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? 10And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground

>9And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother?

god choose not to know

>And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground

after cain hides the truth god uses full god power and is all knowing

God didn't give us free will! Lucifer did!

>Heil Lucifer!

Fpbp

Free will and a sovereign God both exist in scripture, you can't remove one aspect because you don't understand it

Kek

>trying to get into the head of an omnipotent omniscient being
Here's the thing: you can know God, but you can never comprehend God.

>not knowing about cain's decendants
>not knowing about masonry lore about cain's bloodline
>not knowing about the nephilim
>not knowing only cain's decendats and the nephilim were purged from earth

The original story makes much more sense, with human overpopulation and them being so noisy that it started to annoy the gods.

FUCK ALL OF YOU NIGGERS
>pic very related

yes where the boat was not sea worthy and the rain was only 7 days

Thats a pretty cool explaination, gonna make a religion out of that

exactly. ive always wondered how christians can claim god knows every thing that ever was, is and ever will be, if so why did he create lucifer knowing he would turn on him and become the devil and drag billions of souls down to hell with him for ETERNITY. a loving, all knowing god would not have created the devil and allowed evil. something in the bible doesnt add up and if some of it is wrong all of it may as well be wrong so why believe any of it at all?

god's all-knowing and all-powerful, he's just also a fucking asshole, like a kid who likes to pull the wings off flies

Is that cat in the bottom right smoking weed?

God didn't flood the world just because people were bad, It's not like many of the decedents of Noah didn't end up bad. But the world was flooded because of half demon monster people. Or so the story goes anyway

The idea of hell as a place for horrible and possible ironic tortures for sinners and non-believers is an invention of the catholic church

Also the devil actually plays an extremely limited roll in the bible. Throughout it from beginning to end, he has as much influence as a cheerleader. It is man who brings about his own troubles.

Have you actually heard the story? Basically baptizing the earth and starting fresh.

>Lions eating a horse straight off the ark
>Griffins taking off on the left side.

Y-you too.

>Believing Noah's ark was real

What else? 6000 year old Earth? Man lived with dinosaurs?

His creation turned out to be extraordinary wicked for wich he destroyed them but also gave some a change to start over again new but as you know Ham who raped his father Noah in the new world fucked up again.

He's Catnadian :^)

Consider that god is a toddler and that we are ants in a bucket.
He wanted to see how the ants reacted while still being relatively all-knowing.

Don't expect believers to realise the limits of absolutes like absolute omniscience, they can't handle that scale and just claim he's above reasoning.

Sade after whom Sadism is named......

All i know is.. it's in the koran too, so if christianity is guilty so is islam

"Be not deceived with strange doctrines, nor with old fables, which are unprofitable. For if we still live according to the Jewish law, we acknowledge that we have not received grace." - St. Ignatius

That is literally the truth.

It's because they believe in he Old Testament also because the Old Testament is true

the quran is trash who wrote it a 12 year old ?

>Noah was married to a woman whose name is not mentioned in the Qu'ran. Some Islamic historians such as Al-Tabari have suggested that the name of Noah's wife was Umzrah bint Barakil but this cannot be confirmed. Most Muslims simply call her by her biblical name Naamah.[7] Islamic scholars agree that Noah had four sons whose names were Ham, Shem, Yam and Japheth. According to the Quran, one of Noah's sons was a disbeliever who refused to come aboard the Ark, instead preferring to climb a mountain, where he drowned. It is agreed among most Islamic scholars that Yam was the one who drowned; the other three remained believers.[8]

>Noah's wife was not a believer with him so she did not join him; neither did one of Noah's sons (Yam), who was secretly a disbeliever but had pretended faith in front of Noah. The sons of Noah are not expressly mentioned in the Qur'an, except for the fact that one of the sons was among the people who did not follow his own father, not among the believers and thus was washed away in the flood.[9] Also the Qur'an indicates a great calamity, enough to have destroyed Noah's people, but to have saved him and his generations to come.[10]

Nope, "we" (I turned atheist) believe in the one and only revelation.
"We" believe that the Old Testament is corrupt, but still has some truth from the one and only revelation left.

No Muslim believes in the Old Testament, because this means believing in a books corrupted by men.

Mohammedans recognize how other holy books were written by humans and arent the truth, sadly they cannot transfer it on their holy book aswell...

Really? I guess I got rused by the old tequila

>who was secretly a disbeliever but had pretended faith in front of Noah

i only pretended to be retarded , it was noah son and wife could allah not change their mind?

Yep.
Before the Qur'an the Tawrat(Torah - Old Testament) was revealed to Moses, but the current version has suffered corruption.
Jesus is believed to be the last prophet who taught the Mosaic law in its true form.
The Zabur(Psalms) were revealed to David, but Muslims believe some Psalms were written later and are not divinely revealed.
The Injil(gospel) is the holy book revealed to jesus, it's not the new testament but the original and "true" gospel, which was sent by god and was given to jesus.

Muslims also believe in other divine reveleations, such as the Scrolls of Abraham.

But basically all of them have been corrupted and therfor God sent his final reveleation the Qur'an to Muhmmad.

Magog war is happening soon my friend.

It didnt happen ''Literally'' Its symbolism you fat fedora nerd :^)

Or actually it 'did' happen, but in stories it always sound more spectacular than real life.

The person noah could have foreseen a huge thsunami, so he stacked his big boat with animals and the thunami happened killing everyone who hasnt prepared for it

Natural disasters do exist
And if a god or angel warns someone about it like he did with noah who knows

Maybe Noah had a tsunami.

It did happen moron, this is why Christianity is dying because even religious people don't believe in our religion.

Predestination is not a thing and even your rare flag can't change that.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/03/140312150229.htm

faggot the flood happend this is the fountains of the deep where the bible talks about

>n the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

The first terrestrial discovery of ringwoodite by University of Alberta scientist Graham Pearson confirms the presence of massive amounts of water 400 to 700 km beneath the Earth's surface.

Read the bible, literally covers this.

The bible explains everything perfectly, but atheists like to say "HAHAHA WHY IS THIS IN IT LOL STUPID CHRISTIANS XD" and prove to everyone they didn't read it and don't understand it, just saw a low quality facebook image making fun of Christianity

>If God is all-knowing then how do you explain the story of Noah?

Who cares, what I really want to know is how do you explain the cat with the cigarette?

I thought Noah's Ark was metaphor for the coming storm and Ark is the Church, kind of like we live in a shitstorm of a society and the only sanctuary from this flood is in Christianity.

If fiction then why fiction (legend)?
>Why would an all-knowing being command the destruction of his own creations?
Because they were bad boys and girls.
(Because he didn't have an eraser, a backspace key, and man hadn't invented CTRL-X yet.)

Because the ice sheets melted and flooded the Black Sea Basin
(Pic related)

It's not a metaphor it happened

>how do you explain the cat with the cigarette?
Easy

Why do white people worry about what God has to say? What does God have to do with any of you? He is OUR God, The God of Israel not the damn world. You're all heathen non-Israelites.

>3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished

its all a metaphor guys right ? the bible warns us about people not believing in the flood , but its al a metaphor right ?

>turned atheist
How does it feel to have your foreskin torn off by your family? To be mutilated for shits and giggles in the name of some desert cult?