I have spent the last 5 years watching this series slowly and I am almost done with it...

I have spent the last 5 years watching this series slowly and I am almost done with it. I haven't watched any of the other Star Trek series and I wonder where I should go next... I love the melodrama and the fun character arcs this series is full of, the neat scifi plots about weird things, and I HATE watching episodes that take place mostly on the bridge as they are defending against an enemy, or in the grips of an enemy and being tortured. Which series should I move onto next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AS-07dh9-NA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

watch the original series, it has like only 10 episodes that take place only on the ship

You should watch DS9 next, but I'd also recommend watching the TOS movies (1-6) because they're great

>I haven't watched any of the other Star Trek series

Wait, it took you five years to just watch TNG? Get good scrub.

Also watch DS9, TOS, Movies, Voyager, Enterprise in that order.

DS9 is the only peer of TNG, then follow it with TOS - which itself is too 60s and campy to watch nowadays solo, but if you are already invested in the Trek universe it won't bother you and you'll appreciate the characters and recognising things they referred to in the other two shows.

Then the movies, because the first lot take place after TOS, so you need to have seen that, and the second lot take place after TNG, but you need to have watched the TOS ones first too.

Voyager next ONLY because Enterprise has to be last. Voyager will be a slog, you may want to consider watching it side-by-side with DS9 as they aired together and it might make the journey more bearable.

Finally Enterprise, which is the swansong for the entire franchise. Slow start, but you made it through TNG so you're used to that.

Then the new movies and The Animated Series just to round out and complete you experience.

D R O P P E D

Prison Break

DS9 has the best leader, the best second, the best ship, the best klingons, the best security officer, the best barman, the best engineer, the best doctor, the best women, the best villains.

>the best barman
>implying

I'm tired of DS9 redditors shitting up every Startrek recommendation thread. FUCK YOU. DS9 was a DUMB RIPOFF of BABYLON 5. That's FACT. FUCK OFF.

Nobody watched Babylon 5

It was a rip-off, but not a dumb one. It was actually really good.

You and your 1 and 2 buddies getting absolutely anally annihilated whenever someone brings up a Star Trek show in a Star Trek thread and shitposting until it dies are the only problem here.

DS9 sounds good guys! Thanks for the recommendations!

>DS9 fans shitpost all the time
>lol the real problem are fans of the other shows xD

no it wasn't

the defiant didn't even look like a star trek ship
it's like they were embarrassed of being associated with Star Trek

>Heh someone (who?) shitposted in another thread therefore I can shitpost in every Star Trek thread forever
Seriously, just leave

DS9 then Voyager then Enterprise

>take 5+ years to watch a show with only 178 episodes
>asks which series should be next
>some documentary about tortoises or turtles might be just your kind of pacing, maybe snails, sloths, anteaters, that sorta thing
>get the fuck out

if you were here for more than two months you would know that DS9 fans have been shitposting and antagonizing other fans for YEARS

they are basically the Star Trek version of Persona fans

>makes a shitpost
kys KID

>the best doctor

>no TOS

Kill yourself. After TNG and DS9, you're ready for Kirk punching out deity-level aliens for 60 episodes

>the best doctor not being McCoy

I wonder if DS9 would look as drastically different as TNG did when they did the bluray set for it if they went back and touched it up.

I had no idea how bad TNG really looked on television...

Feel free to provide links, I've only ever noticed you and your fags with your "outer space shopping mall" shit and posts like and threads you constantly destroy like

It's especially true if you're an S-Class show.

Feel free to fuck off and die. Star Trek is about active exploration and peacemongering, not camping next to a wormhole with a deathship. DS9 is cancer and anyone who liked it should be sent to gas camps. Fuck you and fuck your ilk. Star Trek is about friendliness and peace.

TOS is literally dog shit

Don't go on the internet and tell lies user

>last five years

Holy Shit user you need to watch things faster

whoa whoa, why not both?

I had fun watching it like this. I got more out of it than any show I watch three seasons in the span of a month with.

>three seasons in the span of a month

Three seasons is like, a week's worth of viewing. Maybe 2 if you have a funeral to plan or something.

yeah for some people

I love B5, but DS9 is also really good.

This looks like SHIT

So don't watch it

>Trekkies say that the war with the Dominion was anti-Star Trek but it's won in the most Star Trek way possible: with words

reminder that every good Trek series got a Blu-ray release (and even Enterprise got one).

meanwhile DS9 and VOY will be DVD shitters in eternity.

>with words

>fullscale invasion
>odo breaking in with a magic cure and using it against everyones wishes.

He asks the Founder to trust him and she surrenders. That's literally some Roddenberry shit right there.

>with words
>not with some deus ex machina wormhole gods that deleted the dominion invasion fleet

EBIN

shes already read his mind before using the link.
its like trusting your left arm.

how is it a deus ex if we knew the prophets could do magical shit since the pilot?

except Roddenberry wasn't afraid to show that you have to use violence to win wars

he didn't have Kirk make a speech to the Romulans, he had Kirk blow his fucking ship up
same with the Klingons

I blame TNG babbies being peacenik Bernie supporters. I love TNG but god damn the fans are something else

how is it not dem because we knew there were prophets?

but TNG was the same, when they had to fight they fought

later on they become more pacifists because after Wolf 359 they couldn't afford another war

If you voted for Hillary reply to this post

But it's always TNG fans who go "muh Roddenberry ideals", "muh space communism", "muh make love, not war"

Watch ToS.
Here's an episode list for you.
>the naked time - takes place on ship, but good
>the enemy within - takes place on ship, but good
>balance of terror - takes place on ship but really fucking good
>the squire of gothos - does not primarily take place on ship
>arena - not ship
>space seed - mostly on ship, but fucking great - second movie is sequel to this
>city on the edge of forever - not on ship, considered one of the best star trek episodes of all time
>amok time - not on ship
>mirror, mirror - not on THEIR ship....
>journey to babel - mostly on ship, but has some strong TNG qualities to it
>trouble with tribbles - not entirely on their ship
>the enterprise incident - not entirely on their ship
>day of the dove - on the ship, good klingon story though
>all our yesterdays - not on ship
Have fun

DS9 is the obvious place to continue. It starts where TNG left off and continues the story set up in TNG. The premise is a little diffrent, where it's more of a serialized drama with space politics set on a space station than about exploration/story of the week. It starts off a bit slow but gets pretty damn good after a while.

If that's not to your liking there's always TOS. Similar premise to TNG but in 60's style and aestetic. When it's good it's really good. When it isn't it isn't. I like it but it's not for everyone.

Don't bother with Voyager or Enterprise unless you've watched the other ones. While not all bad, the shows don't really go anywhere and don't deliver on their premises. Lots of stale filler, boring characters and reset buttons.

Why do you hate Gene so much? He created the whole Star Trek universe from scratch. You enjoy the Star Trek universe, don't you? Why are you so bitter against Gene?

He raped Grace Lee Whitney

I don't hate Gene, but I don't regard him as some kind of saint, or visionary.

>Lots of stale filler, boring characters and reset buttons
Which television show in history doesn't this apply to?

ds9

even the "bad" episodes are used for character development. that's why the majority in here considers it to be the best Trek series.

The lot of women is to be fornicated.

>He (Roddenberry) created the whole Star Trek universe from scratch.
No, it was him AS WELL AS D.C. Fontana, Gene L. Coon, Matt Jeffries, Robert Justman

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Allamaraine

No, pretty much just him. Gene was the lynchpin. Without him, Star Trek wouldn't have existed. Without the others, well, it would have still existed.

>contrarian redditors and the vocal minority consider it the best Trek series

>even the "bad" episodes are used for character development.
this
Like the one where they go to Risa which 99% of fans hate still has great dialogue and we learn why Worf is sometimes a huge pussy

Fuck that obongo loving sheboon. She's a disgrace for TNG.

Why don't you fuck off to the DS9 thread? This is a TNG thread. Go on, leave. Post elsewhere, DS9 fucking faggot.

>Fuck that obongo loving sheboon

wow, you're hardcore

youtube.com/watch?v=AS-07dh9-NA

Go back to redd1t, shitstain.

Butthurt TNG babby detected no but seriously, the series don't deserve to be segregated from each other except voyager

Ignore Threshold

Does the rest of the series really deserve to be segregated?

>Thread is literally about what you should watch after TNG

>Picard fucks a qt and ends up as some Barclay tier no-name officer

probably the best Q episode in all Trek

Watch TNG again because it's literally the only good one

Ignore the 7th season too, except the Doctor/7 of 9 ones. And Endgame, that piece of shit.

The most futuristic and popular series of all time can't get a HD transfer. Tell me again why I should keep watching Trek and watch Discovery?

Basically watch Distant Origin, the first Q one, Scorpion, Bride of Chaotica and whichever one the Doctor got to command. Ignore the rest.

It's not dog shit but it is so dated it's practically as dead as most of it's cast members.
Very tough watch.

It's everyone's fault.
The fans for going "I'm not buying blu-rays, I'm 100% okay with my VHS tapes from the 90's!" and CBS for expecting people in -Current Year- to buy physical media

meant

Which is why you watch TOS after TNG and DS9. By then you're hooked, and want to know the history of the franchise

shit that pic related was meant for

Tapestry is a wonderful episode. That banter between Q and Picard is fucking great.

>Which is why you watch TOS after TNG and DS9. By then you're hooked, and want to know the history of the franchise

I do agree. You need to be hooked in to the third rail of Trek before tackling TOS but by the time you've finished DS9 you might be ready.

In the Star Trek future, you wouldn't have even been born.

so DS9 never got blurays because people didn't give a shit about the TNG blurays? did it sell that bad? it's even on netflix.

no wonder every DS9 babbie is always so mad in here

And then they have the audacity to complain about other people being mean

>french chad plows every prime cunt in sight.
>goes back in time and gets last schoolgirl he missed.
>isnt punished to be an eternal beta ironically.
reeeee.

>you wouldn't have even been born.

Do go on.

>so DS9 never got blurays because people didn't give a shit about the TNG blurays? did it sell that bad?
The money made off the TNG blurays wasn't enough to pay for the restoration project, and the lack of fan interest, which has put CBS off from doing DS9 and Voyager.

I read recently that the project was truly gargantuan in price and effort, and relatively little people bought the bluray collection. So, it's just not likely DS9 will ever get the same treatment.

It's a shame because HD TNG is quite possibly the greatest remaster/restoration of a TV series in history, and it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

you shut your whore mouth

I literally do not know why. It is just as you said it, the greatest, and what fan of the series couldn't appreciate how beautiful it looks after watching that shit on TV for nearly a decade! are the fans literally sleeping?!

mostly the fans were tired of constantly being swindled by cheap repackages so they refused something that was actually genuine

I agree. Illegally downloaded it and was really impressed.

Same, I'd like to buy it some day to see some of the features, and I know that it might be best to buy it from CBS directly in HOPES they do something with the other series... but that's a big-money ticket to stake just on hope.