"dude la la land is bad movy! it's dishonest! reddit! it's only exists to fellate hollywood and win oscars"

>"dude la la land is bad movy! it's dishonest! reddit! it's only exists to fellate hollywood and win oscars"

No, you're a fool that read three shitposts on Sup Forums and made an uninformed judgment because everyone is doing the same thing while the movie is en vogue. The movie isn't just a love letter to Hollywood, it's the anti-musical. Chazelle took the typical classic movie formula and turned it on it's head. The movie's frequent omages to classic film is just there to emphasize the fantasy world, where Mia comes to Hollywood believing in the same romantic dreamy paradise (A "La La Land" if you will) only to have her viewpoint crushed, and eventually learns the reality of life and perseverance. The theme sticks, the specifics of the plot hardly matter. It's a spellbinding, beautiful piece of entertainment & self-reflection that's well-needed in a market filled with bar-lowered shit-content pushing producers.

Now, about half the people on Reddit hate the movie. So take your "only Reddit loves it" and shove it you-know-where. Firstly, the kneejerk political controversy makes it Reddit to COMPLAIN about the film than defend it. Secondly, everytime I lurk Reddit there's ALWAYS Sup Forums memes in the majority of the threads, including "dishonest" "kino" and just about every Sup Forums meme. Your shitty boogeyman zinger is looking pretty fucking stupid right about now, huh? The film ain't perfect, but don't, especially as a Sup Forumsposter, ever try to spam your repetitious retard-phrases everywhere and declare it as bad as an outrageous attempt to get replies and force your dirt opinions into the foreground as a result of you having no actual voice in the world due to your utter stupidity, you don't know shit.

nice b8, but on the chance that it isn't, stop crying just because people don't share your babby opinions. Also, go back to le ddit since you seem to care so much about it

Can you transmit an idea in anything besides Sup Forums memes? You're incapable of communicating on a cogent level. Time to throw in the towel pal-o

I was listening to a podcast recently after watching the movie and someone said the musical numbers felt too much like watching a soda commercial from the 90's, which is a really good way to describe how hollow those scenes feel so now that's all i ever think about whenever this movie is brought up.

>le b8
You're dumb

I'm not the one who threw a hissy fit because nobody likes your glorified tv commercial as much as you do. I think you should honestly kill yourself, it's too late to develop a decent taste in movies at this point

I'm not gonna watch it because emma stone is a jew.

it looks like you went through a lot of effort just to get a few (you)'s. Take a pity one on the house from me

La La land is pure shit though. Tv are actually praising it which affirms the shit taste abound.

Holy fuck, how mad are you right now?

Just lettin' you know, your posts are garbage and childish and you're too idiotic to prove yourself convincingly so there ya go.
Position's actually noble as fuck. Gee, let's be a board of actual discourse like we should be. Gee let's get rid of people that are illiterate on a cinematic level, ruining our discussions so their fat short dirt-skinned asses can circlejerk themselves to oblivion. Nah, get out of my face. You're cancer.

Don't even try. I have and i failed
After a while the responses will be impossible to decipher whether its satire or not

I haven't seen it.

>Just lettin' you know, your posts are garbage and childish and you're too idiotic to prove yourself convincingly so there ya go.

That was a great cogent argument, you're so sophisticated!

Your pleas for suicide don't do much the fuck of anything either, bro.

>browses reddit
>gets mad when you call his movie reddit

LURK Reddit. Never post there since the site's equally shit but you can go ahead and think I'm some reddit shill.

At least I don't pretend to be le twirly mustache cinephile who rants about loving terrible movies

>ITS OK I ONLY LURRKKK, LURRRRKKKK!!!! I'M NOT REDDIT I SWEAR DONT BULLY ME

Realizing a truth, spotting veracity & expanding upon it? They cry AUTISM! Giving honest advice to a lonely, lost individual? AUTISM! Doing anything at all besides what can generally be expected to be found getting said on this board? AUTISM! You're no cinephile, you're another aimless loser. You're here to MEME HARD, right? You're all about those MEMES, right? Here to leave predictable repetitive comments because you don't quite have the wit, don't quite have a unique perspective or enough of a storied past to be able to speak on a subject with any sort of confidence or knowledge. And so you come here to spout diagnoses of Sup Forums's favorite blanket-term mental illnesses. Yep, you must be great at singling it out, having done this for oh-so-many years, right? You're a real expert. And then you close your browser and you're nothing. Eek, truth hurts, don't it?

Dude, you don't have to cry. Jesus Christ.

I've seen the film and the others and compared to them it doesn't deserve best picture. It's a great deal of flash that lacks depth while the films it competes with has the depth it lacks. Gosling and Stone are only in the categories for best Actor and Actress because of the hype this film received. The actual acting they did in the film is very lacklustre, nothing to write home about.

>The movie's frequent omages to classic film is just there to emphasize the fantasy world, where Mia comes to Hollywood believing in the same romantic dreamy paradise (A "La La Land" if you will) only to have her viewpoint crushed, and eventually learns the reality of life and perseverance.
Nah, you're just reading way too much into an empty film.

>Realizing a truth, spotting veracity & expanding upon it? They cry AUTISM! Giving honest advice to a lonely, lost individual? AUTISM! Doing anything at all besides what can generally be expected to be found getting said on this board? AUTISM! You're no cinephile, you're another aimless loser. You're here to MEME HARD, right? You're all about those MEMES, right? Here to leave predictable repetitive comments because you don't quite have the wit, don't quite have a unique perspective or enough of a storied past to be able to speak on a subject with any sort of confidence or knowledge. And so you come here to spout diagnoses of Sup Forums's favorite blanket-term mental illnesses. Yep, you must be great at singling it out, having done this for oh-so-many years, right? You're a real expert. And then you close your browser and you're nothing. Eek, truth hurts, don't it?

>(A "La La Land" if you will)

I'll give you Gosling's performance but Emma was great in this.
'just reading too much' and this is why this board isn't capable of real discussion. Never considering the alternatives, just looking at everything on a surface level.
Yawnfactor seventeen. Classic tactic, just copy-and-paste the shit as a reply to the same comment. Because you aren't capable of responding using your own mind. You read something beyond your abilities and so you just want to paste it again. Shitgenes.

>With La La Land, Chazelle has created a weird forced amalgamation of sorts. He has taken bits and pieces of what he finds precious, and artificially sewn them together. We can recognize sets, location, ideas and themes, but gone is the authenticity that made them resonate in the first place. Yes, it's packaged incredibly, with all the silky sheen of clearly calculated hands. But this only furthers the great irony of the film. Whether he wanted to or not, Chazelle has made the "Samba and Tapas" of film.

>being this mad he has to resort to lowbrow ad hominem

That's a total yawnfactor seventeen, dude. Bigtime YF17

There's no questioning of reality in the film, that's your interpretation of it. I can see that interpretation but the film doesn't nearly go into it as much as you say it does.

As for best actress there's only one or two scenes that I feel Stone really acted, the rest was good but not that great.

Even if the film was great I'd still be rooting against it because the idea really is very much sucking up Hollywood for an Oscar win.

I had high hopes for this movie because I enjoyed Whiplash so much, but honestly, it was a pretty empty formalist piece of schlock. There are way better movies in existence that this film pays homage to, that it itself is pretty useless unless the viewer is mentally trained to have distaste for black and white cinema or movies more than 20 years old

Brosef I see your shitty buzzword memes & I see the little button-pressings your fat fingers typed out & I could automaticly care less about the "arguments" you do have. Always wanna talk about "bad taste" cause you've all probably been destroyed in other conversations with everyone else on the internet about that very subject (just like when trump uses the word "strident", I suspect he's only so familiar with it because people use it as pretty accurate descriptor of himself) You're a joke and you'll stay a joke till you croak. Fake, next victim.

>omages
stopped reading there

White folks are clinging on to the one movie they have that has a chance. After Hackjob Ridge, they need SOMETHING.

>that fucking picture
>these people actually exist
why is this allowed?

this is just sad now, I was willing to play along but you're putting in way too much effort. Take your (you)

yeah, seems like it cause you've read nothing but trash posts for the past half-decade, jej.

ironic or sincere, it's still a badly produced musical

La La Land is a RACIST movie for RACIST whites. The WHITE savior saves Jazz despite it being an only black music genre. Meanwhile the BLACK guy is trying to kill jazz.

this desu senpai. insincerity

This shit was faux kino just like Whiplash. It tricks the viewer into thinking they're watching a kino when in reality they're just watching a mediocre flick attempt to disguise itself as a kino.

OK bro, so you studied film, you know the practicalities of the moviemaking process, and you have concluded: BAD. 'yeah, disregard the overwhelmingly positive sentiment towards the production values, nah, I know better'

Pathetic underage sack of shit. What's new, not much.

I'm sorry your mind is that corrupted by Sup Forums

>Blah Blah Land
>Good

OP is right and is not a faggot nor a ledditor

OP is right, but he's also a faggot and a Redditor.

>Whiplash not kino
Underage pleb detected

none of that was valid criticism. that's just a stream of meaningless buzzwords.

Nah, nope, I know movies are one big meme to your bloated ass but playground taunting, while just what I expect from frightened fuckups that misguidedly shitpost all night over how bad every movie is, ain't gonna get you anywhere w/ me. lol, NEET manchildren defined your cinematic cognition & now you have to live the rest of your life an intellectual infant... damn, good luck out there.

No user, that's Sup Forums's doublethink corrupting your mind

OP is half right.

La La Land is not a BAD film per say, it's just not nearly on the level of Manchester or Moonlight

Nah, seems a lot more like you now when you think-a it that way. Your apathy, gonna lose, your indefinite marriage to Sup Forums memes lest sincerity reveal you to your ever-failing self. Your faculties, gonna lose, before you have a chance to do anything with them. You are like a piece of paper that gets thrown out forever tucked away in plastic bag just taking up space, is what you are like.

>le angry band instructor
>plays at fucking CARNEGIE HALL at the end and they don't even have a rehearsal or sound-check

Whiplash hit the same notes as a fake as sports movie and was equally just as cheesey

English not your first language?

OP is a samefag which makes him a faggot, and he is also a ledditor

somehow this movie looks even gayer than the movie about a gay guy and his gay romance with another gay guy

I only watched the trailer and thought it was gay shit for girls

a movie for faggots by faggots

This is an embarrassing thread. OP you should never come back here, you're a huge faggot

torrent where tho

>ywn be this buttblasted

Hey fag using the reddit excuse is lile the pot calling the kettle black. Everything good is reddit. And this board just hates everything besides lotr.

THIS gives the film more depth than that anti-musical bullshit

musicals are gay

Reminder this is the korinefag pasta autist who hates memes.

No, I went to see the movie because i loved the director's previous movie (probably because i'm not a musician) and i fucking hated lala land, one of my all time despised movies. It's masturbatory and averts from the truth in a way that hurts the story and the viewer.

why is OP so autistic?

>averts from the truth

Well memed.

Fuck off shill and buy a fucking ad.

Autism

yeah you totally do a shitty play once and get noticed by big boys. There was also not cocksucking and coke snorting which is unacceptable in the movie about hollywood actresses that dream about getting noticed.
>b-but it's a musical, fun and games haha
Okay, what about Chicago?
>d-doesn't count, here is a reason that you plebs don't know because i'm the one true connoisseur of this homosexual movie genre.

And i'm not even mentioning small stuff like using social media to get big or an ending that has them split up because she would be "absorbed in work" even though the frog is happily married with kids a few years after, so i guess work wasn't such a priority after all. But no, we are supposed to feel bad that they didn't get together because they had all those obstacles in their way like too much money or being young and healthy.

My main issue with La La Land is that it's so dishonest. It should be disqualified from winning an Oscar for that reason alone.