What should we do with drug addicts? Throw them under the bus or rehabilitate them?

What should we do with drug addicts? Throw them under the bus or rehabilitate them?

I'm currently recovering (2 months off meth wooo) but I only did it after finding god on my own accord. No one helped me for shit here.

legalise it so it's not a legal problem.

why stop now?

meth is yummie.. so yummie..

hmmmmm metttthhhhhhhhhh

This, meth IS god
Praise METH!

Legalize weed and crime, greed, poverty, and cancer will disappear

Stop people being able to bring things into prisons so that the prison become cold turkey rehabilitation.

Drugs are bad, m'kay

>No one helped me for shit here.

If you were coming to Sup Forums for help with your drug addiction it only confirms the implied fact that you're either incapable, or just really bad, when it comes to making good decisions...

Like all people in prison we should neuter them. It would fix most of our problems in a generation

I'd say we should jail them. Drug sellers have the money, weapons and numbers to fight back, but drug addicts do not. Break the chain at its weakst link.

Sup Forums is the reason I quit doing drugs. Before Sup Forums I never took a critical look at myself or the environment I was in. I realised I was a degenerate.

Drug users should be lynched.

>but I only did it after finding god on my own accord
I don't get it.

everyone deserves a chance to clean up, but those who show no signs of successful rehabilitation should be given an ultimatum. Should they fail to meet that, under the bus it is.

>found God
>noone helped me
Do a bump

Deport them to the Phillipines

Drug addicts. You mean alcoholics and smokers? You want throw them under the bus too?

Remember prohibition in the states, worked well, yes? Humans have been whoring and getting high for thousands of years. Any idiot who thinks either is going to stop needs rule .303

What a ridiculous photo. And we should educate, decriminalize, and offer rehab services. And definitely not just god-based rehab services.

>1 post by this ID

OP you got your discussion going. Now stop being a fag and be a part of what you started.

Kill them, really.

I mean they're already doing that after the first joint, we may as well help them out.

Recovering heroin addict here. Let them be. It keeps the nigger dealers in jail and the addicts who have no desire to get clean dead. Drug test for welfare so they can't just mooch off taxpayer dollars and let them wallow in there suffering until they OD. That is all.

wow you people are dim. Sup Forums is an 18+ board, take your special ed under aged edginess somewhere else you summertime fags.

Well the money you spend incarcerating them can be spent rehabilitating them off of drugs. Incarceration will not stop them from doing drugs again once they are out. So they will continue to be incarcerated until they voluntarily stop. By incarcerating them, you're wasting more money, destroying lives, and getting nowhere.

>recovering heroin addict here.
THIS. Me too user...people who haven't done it don't understand how they make it worse for everyone else when they try to save the world and get into others peoples personal shit

Yes, there is no way to help an addict until they truly want to get clean for themselves. It's a shame, I put my family through a lot of stress and bullshit, because they wanted to help me get clean so badly, but there was nothing they could do or say that was going to change anything.

Educate them.

Anyone who thinks the war on drugs (and users) does anything other than fund crime syndicates is either entirely uneducated, or just retarded.

Facts bro...I've worked in recovery since saying farewell to heroin on my own(no meetings or rehab). It's disgusting how people are literally willing to mortgage their homes just to get some little twerp clean and it's only gonna last as long as it takes for the family to get off heir backs until they use again. What's really necessary for these people is a good period of homelessness and no safety nets where they can reevaluate their current life and where their best thinking has landed them...it's a shitty thing to watch, but it has the best outcomes.

This.

I'm a recovering alcoholic and recovering benzo addict. Throwing people in jail for addiction issues simply doesn't work.
You make some good points, but being in jail costs society more then caring for people, economically and socially.

You can't force someone to get sober, they have to do it themselves.

>You make some good points, but being in jail costs society more then caring for people, economically and socially. You can't force someone to get sober, they have to do it themselves.

Exactly user! All drugs should be decriminalized(NOT legalized) so that this can be properly dealt with. When you get rid of the criminal aspect of the problem you can effectively deal with it better than incarceration. The question is how long will families put up with drug use if hey aren't worried about their kid going to prison...not that long. They'll end up giving them the hard lessons faster because there's no issue with the addict getting permanently fucked if they are picked up by the police.

Before this thread dies...this one is for OP

Legalizing them would be interesting to witness but probably terrible in the long term.

Why do you think it would be terrible? Quality control would increase, which is good for both users and the medial staff who treat them. Violent organized drug crime would decrease substantially. Tax dollars collected from sales would help fund treatment and the nonviolent prison population decreases.

Drug addicts are scum and should be euthanized, the county rented an old house next to where my parents live to some narcs who i guess are in some "rehabilitation program". They keep multiple large dogs in their yard now which have escaped several times and tried to attack other drogs, the yard is a disgusting mess and theyve literally been seen shitting in there in the open like they are fucking pooloos or something. Absolute scum and of course living on welfare.

Make pot and mushrooms legal and make all chemically processed or synthetically made drugs illegal and punishable by death.

that is the most poorly cut line of cocaine I've ever seen
Also get a table, don't do it off the ground. You're white have some standards

I would worry that the amount of addicts, bums and slums/poor neighborhoods would increase. Especially over here where bogans are bad enough under the influence of alcohol.

Drugs should be legalized, whoever thought it was a financially sound idea to charge tax payers $100,000 a year to look up drug addicts who then go right back to using when they are free should be hanged. Let the ones in jail accused of non violent drug offenses out and reduce the taxes that paid for housing them.

18 and over

Portugal got it right. That's all.

All prisoners in jail should do hard labor 14 hours a day 6 days a week. Violent criminals should be executed three days after being convicted. Minor infractions should be given corporal punishment. Watch almost all crime stop.

Addiction's a disease, gotta treat it like a health problem rather than a legal problem.

I mean we try to control the supply of drugs to keep it away from people, but that just doesn't work, and throwing people in jail doesn't work, and killing them won't work (it'll just create more desperate and violent addicts, the closer you make a punishment for a crime that is not murder to murder the more likely a criminal is to murder)

I don't support legalization of meth, heroin, coke and other harder drugs (though I do support legalization of Marijuana and Psilocybin Mushrooms, and if we were still drinking coca cola containing 9mg of cocaine per serving instead of snorting 75mg of refined powder cocaine or smoking crack.. I'd be okay there too, but cat's out of the bag, we can't undo the damage of refined coke directly into the blood.. small doses of cocaine in food/drink that are more slowly absorbed by the digestive tract, a lot easier to manage and not have OD's and addictions from). But I don't think possession should be criminalized, not in amounts for personal use but they should go to mandatory rehab, costs less than prison anyway..

I´ve been homeless because of drugs.. didn´t changed much though. Just kept using. The only thing different was that I had to hustle hard for money.

In the UK we already have that. Drug tests for welfare.. But only for certain risk groups.. Long time unemployed, blacks, single moms with 5 kids etc etc,

If you test positive you get cut of from government benefits. It didn´t really work though as half of my street went out prostituting, stealing begging on the street etc as a result..

Here as in where I live, Hong Kong and the people in it.

kek I smoked tons of crack in life, Mountains,.. It has absolutely 0 on common with drinking one bottle of coke or 10 bottles of coke.. Absolute 0

If you don´t know what you are talking about don´t say nothing.

I work swing shift and posted this thread on a break, cut me some slack lol.

If you choose prohibition - kill them, literally.
If you choose legalization - do nothing.
Half measures between are road to failure.

How'd you manage to kick it on your lonesome then? What was your moment of realisation?

Fug off abbo

Former iv drug user here
Rehab didnt work for me but ive seen it work, its all about personality type i suppose
I quit on my own but getting arrested made it harder for me to quit, really added to the hopelessness of my situation.
Just legalize it and put them in designated zones, old west style like zone 6 in chicago
Theyll sort themselves out one way or another

that's what I was trying to say is that the small amounts of cocaine in coca-cola at the time when they used it were harmless.

It's refined cocaine and crack that are addictive and harmful.

If we'd never banned coke in the first place I don't thing refined cocaine would have taken off so much. Prohibition increases demand for more potent product because it's easier to smuggle.

>why stop now?

bath salts when ?

In the Philippines there was a city where Rodrigo Duterte was mayor and they just killed them for decades, now they have no drug problem.

Turn them into dog food.

Bath salts are for dealers who want to sell cheap product as MDMA.
Who takes cathinones when MDMA is around?

My dog doesn't need to trip out.

most likely they're just not out in the open. Harsh punishment doesn't deter crime it deters getting caught.

Kill everyone who drinks, smokes or does drugs.