Why did he not prepare better before going and slaughtering the mafia dudes to get his car back? No guns, no kevlar

Why did he not prepare better before going and slaughtering the mafia dudes to get his car back? No guns, no kevlar.
Why didn't he put on a seatbelt before taking off with his car?
Why does he suddenly care about the car so much?
Why didn't the Russians look through the glovebox once in the (probably) weeks they had the car before putting it into storage?
What was even the point of showing that entire prologue? All the Russians that gave him grief in the first movie were dead. Could have just started with the Italian fuck showing up to demand his favor back.

At least the fighting was bretty gud when he got to Rome.
A sequel to the first movie was unnecessary.

>Why does he suddenly care about the car so much?
His birthday card from his wife dumbass

He didn't give a shit about the car itself. He literally went on the rampage to get his picture back. A car is nice, but he's getting it back because it has something more important to him inside it

Why did the Italian need John? He didn't do anything special. Any other assassin had the same connections John did and would've required less convincing.

How would he know the Russians didn't take it out of the glovebox?
Why didn't the Russians look through the car before storing it away? They stole the car of one of the most notorious assassins in existence and never once bothered to check for shit inside?
Also the Russians at the start didn't even have a hand in stealing his car, they just bought it off the thieves who are already dead. John should have no quarrel with them if they give it back. WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST GIVE IT BACK?
>hurr he killed so many people why would he stop now?
Because everone he killed in the first movie was either actively trying to kill him or responsible for stealing his car / killing his dog.

Why was Cassian so butthurt about John coming for Santino's sister? a) He was forced to do it and basically acted as a tool for Santino so if anything Cassian should go after the stupid Italian, and b) John didn't even technically kill her, she fucking committed sudoku (though he did make sure she was dead with that headshot).

I have a hard time believing your post is supposed to be serious.

I'm being serious. He's acting as if him and Gianna were lovers or something, but he's supposed to be a hired bodyguard. She's dead, you failed, get over it.

He was her personal bodyguard, it would be bad for business if he didn't avenge her. Plus he was probably giving her the D.

>bad for business if he didn't avenge her
It's bad for business if a bodyguard fails to protect his client. Avenging the client won't help his reputation at all, and neither will dicking his client.

>characters women will never understand

They didn't show it really well, but by their dialog John is supposed to have Agent 47's level of stealth

Why didn't John rape the mute?
He had the time

He wasn't a regular bodyguard, their world is full of honor shit.

>shows up in signature black suit
>immediately recognized by any bodyguard / assassin worth his salt
>no silenced weapons
>always confront target first
Not very stealthy.

>Movie has her following him everywhere.
>We're supposed to be intimidated by a midget woman who looks like a 10 year old boy.

Yeah, that is why i said it was poorly done

Pretty sure the director has stated the movies take place in the same week.

only 5 days passed between end of JW1 and JW2

>Kevlar that 100% stops all bullets is available.
>None of the bodyguards of a member of the highest order in their madeup hierarchy are fitted with any.

You'd think anyone assigned to protect the little Italian shit would be wearing kevlar like that.

Cassian was

They might have been, but with John aimbotting like crazy and headshotting everyone it wouldn't do them any good. My question is, why are even the elite mooks like Cassian incapable of just headshotting John?
Why didn't the Russians put a car bomb into John's car and hook it up to the ignition?

All the other cellphone assassins probably had the suit as well. 2 had to be killed by a pencil to the head and neck, 1 had to be shot multiple times to the head, 1 had to have her neck snapped. John had to stab the mute and Cassian in the chest to get rid of them. You probably need those coins to get the suits and maybe random bodyguards aren't that well connected.

While that's all true, take note that he got through the entire area without getting detected, and even managed to pull a bullshit appearance trick behind Gianna in her private bathroom in the span of seconds.

>shows up in signature black suit
It's not like he has a variety of bulletproof suits each with a unique color.
>immediately recognized by any bodyguard / assassin worth his salt
He's an infamous assasin, everybody will recognize him no matter what he does
>no silenced weapons
He had a pistol with a silencer when he was in the subway with Cassian. Idk why he didn't use a silencer when he killed Santino's sister though, so I'll give you that one.
>always confront target first
What? If your target confronts you first, you aren't doing it right.

>suit
I brought this up because 47 famously disguises himself to infiltrate and get close to his targets, which John absolutely does not do at all.
>recognizable
While 47 should be very recognizable with his bald head and fucking barcode, he isn't recognized by bodyguards or other mooks (well, except in the latest game if they have the same profession since the cooks would know each other so a stranger sticks out). Yes, it makes sense that John is recognized by other professionals, but it sets him apart from 47.
>confront target
In Gianna's case I get that they had history and he did not enjoy having to kill her, so he would want to talk with her. My point was that he should just get on with it and kill his targets without exchanging dialogue for half an hour.
Actually, thinking back he did exactly that with all his targets except Gianna so I guess that point is moot.

>I brought this up because 47 famously disguises himself to infiltrate and get close to his targets, which John absolutely does not do at all.
He knew beforehand that he would end up in a firefight, hence him planting the guns in the cave. A disguise would be useless and he would be more likely to be killed without the bulletproof suit. He was able to get close to Gianna without a disguise, which is a testament to his stealth.

First was better, due to better motivation. Also Viggo was a fun villain. Still liked JW 2 though.

>Avenging the client won't help his reputation at all
It actually would though. The idea that even if you kill a target their badass bodyguard will hunt and kill you is an added layer of protection. Scares off other assassins.

>End of the movie, John Wick is now Enemy Number 1 to all the agents
How do any of these random literal who hitmen think they're going to kill John Wick? He's the most infamous of all of them, killed about 6 million henchmen in the span of two movies, killed several dozen hitmen after his first bounty, and killed two heads of the crime world, and is known for brutality and efficiency. Do one of these random hitmen actually think they're going to be "The Guy" that finally kills Wick?

Kind of like a pack of wolves taking down a moose, I'm thinking.

Viggo's son and his henchmen got the drop on him when they stole his car and killed his dog. They just wanted the car but one of them could've just shot him in the head before leaving.

He also got lucky that Marcus was on his side and he would've died a couple times without his help.