Matt Groening

>what if Marge was actually a rabbit from that shitty comic that I made and nobody gives a shit about?
>what if Homer and Kristy were actually the same person?
Would this talentless hack that only became successful taking credit for the work of people that turned his retarded inputs into pure gold be considered the greatest hack in history if he eventually got his way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JxBppgIB0w
youtube.com/watch?v=fljtOGU4J7o
news.com.au/entertainment/tv/flashback/simpsons-creator-matt-groening-reveals-his-alltime-favourite-moments-from-the-show/news-story/c4f0056c9a856752edf1f02b1736a835
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So George Lucas mark 1.5?

Nothing wrong with Life in Hell.

I think George Lucas had far more merits in the success of Star Wars that Groening.

>ywn visit the alternate universe in which Groening followed through with his plan of pitching Life in Hell

The Simpson's has as much cultural relevance as Star Wars.

I'm saying that his actual input in The Simpsons was minimal after Tracey Ullman, far less relevant that Lucas' to SW.

>it's just a coincidence The Simpsons and Futurama are considered two of the best shows ever!

Nah.

Is there a single successful television creator in history that didn't require at least some feedback from others? It's a collaborative process.

The worst thing about Groening is that he's just happy to ride the gravy train, he hasn't actually been involved with the show for years.

>what if those two dumb Aliens from the halloween episodes were in the show all the time BUT only homer ever saw them (I guess like the great kazoo where fred and barney were the only ones who saw him)

>Futurama
That's what happens when most of the good writers that made the Simpsons great in the first place follow you to the new show.
Seriously, listen to some Simpsons' commentary. The guy feels clueless and completely devoid of sense of humor.

The album's unconventional nature often alienates new listeners. Cartoonist and writer Matt Groening tells of listening to Trout Mask Replica at the age of 15: "I thought it was the worst thing I'd ever heard. I said to myself, they're not even trying! It was just a sloppy cacophony. Then I listened to it a couple more times, because I couldn't believe Frank Zappa could do this to me – and because a double album cost a lot of money. About the third time, I realised they were doing it on purpose; they meant it to sound exactly this way. About the sixth or seventh time, it clicked in, and I thought it was the greatest album I'd ever heard."

>Frank Zappa

>Groening in the '90s when he was active

That's it man

>Groening in the neoSimpsons

Was Flaming Moe actually about Matt taking all the credit for the writers staff's work?

It was an early concept that got scratched. Thats why homer and krusty looks the same

>what if Marge was actually a rabbit from that shitty comic that I made and nobody gives a shit about?
The only time anything close to that ever came up was in the Capcom arcade game.
The only reason Krusty exists as a character is because of that storyline that got dropped not too long after they came up with it. Homie the Clown was written as a reference to that dropped story idea. It's also why they changed Krusty's appearance slightly, with more pronounced laugh lines and brow, because the original Krusty design was just Homer in clown makeup.

futurama sucks though. it's not a funny show

He has a great musical taste
youtube.com/watch?v=2JxBppgIB0w
youtube.com/watch?v=fljtOGU4J7o

>Dreck

Wow, what a meme lord

Seasons 1-5 were perfect.

I knew this years ago when I listen to the commentary on season 2 or something he said his favourite simpsons joke ever was "I call this one blinky" in reference to that 3 eyed fish he used to force everywhere. I couldn't believe how shit his sense of humour was but I later figured out other people also wrote the simpsons

Here is a list of ghos favourite moments, as you can see, the man had no idea what made his show great

news.com.au/entertainment/tv/flashback/simpsons-creator-matt-groening-reveals-his-alltime-favourite-moments-from-the-show/news-story/c4f0056c9a856752edf1f02b1736a835

>>what if Homer and Kristy were actually the same person?
What's wrong with this idea?

That would have been awesome, though. The kids don't respect Homer because he's a buffoon, but they love Krusty and his show. Kind of a Mrs. Doubtfire twist.

Kristy?