These players that I've never seen play because I was born 20 years after their time are the best players ever

>these players that I've never seen play because I was born 20 years after their time are the best players ever

>i have only watched 10 years of football, but i can safely say this is the best player in the past 120 years

>These players that I've never seen play because I was born 20 years after their time are not the best players. The best players are conveniently the ones I'm watching right now. I can't do research.

thank u

>I've watched a couple of youtube videos so I'm an expert on this player's career that took place 20 years before my birth

>this President i was too young to vote against is terrible he taxed us to death he sent our troops to war he didnt remove the fed. Now that im old enough I going to vote for the guy who is going to lower my taxes if i become millionaire.

>the best player to ever play isn't playing right now

If one of the older guys was better they'd STILL BE FUCKING PLAYING.

>i watch ESPN every morning, and their 5 minute highlights are completely different to watching ESPN highlights from 30 years ago

>i watch ESPN

In almost every sport the ‘GOAT’ is from the current generation. . LeBron, Mayweather, Messi, Brady.... Is this just co-incidence? Only cricket ice hockey are exceptions, where they had a single overly dominant player

No, it’s steroids and retarded people with recent bias

>it's not like you can just record actions onto film

>i spend my free time arguing with other autists over who is the greatest player of all time on a chinese girls cartoon forum

one space for my reddit homie
>a guy from 20 years ago can compete in this league.
this nigga right ere

well, this is what GOAT conversations regularly come back to. do you take weigh athletes' performances and dominance against each other's within the context of their era, or do you just consider who is the most impressive specimen across generations?

>Mayweather
Thought Ali was the GOAT boxer. Stop cherry picking weight classes
>LeBron
Isn't it Jordan?
>Missi
Only one coming close, but Maradona is by many still regarded as the best.
>Carlsen
Yes, you're right. Best chess player ever.
Fischer is overrated trash. Kasparov is ok

>I value the chess autist's input

>the actual best players will probably play long after my lifespan is over

There's a difference between 'best' and 'GOAT'. Ronaldo and Messi would shit all over Pele and Maradona if they were playing in the same era, but no one playing today can be considered the GOAT. To be GOAT you have to win trophies and World Cups, and be the star player in those big games

Ali was the most hyped boxer because muh social justice. He is 100% not the best pure boxer of all time.

>watch old goats like Cruijff, Pele and Maradona on YT
>they are slow as fuck and look clumsy compared to today's top stars

Ronald and Messi are tits high on steriods too. Like all athletes in sports without proper testing

>Ronaldo amd Messi would shit over Pelé and Maradona
Nigga, this two faggots would shit themselves if anything. Pelé and Maradona not only were world class players, they were warriors. Fair play allowed pussies to play, and thats what we have now, and why americans so rightfully claim that theres only divers and faggots in this very much semen slurping sport of today.

>I-Im watching the best player ever right now REEEEEE!!!
It's ok underage cuck, we don't all get to experience greatness

>football wasn't as technical back then, it was just running and scoring blooters

I mean we all agree that current top teams would absolutely demolish the top teams of 20 years ago, right?
So why wouldn't you also assume the current greats are superior to the greats of yesterday?

Not without fair play, bosman rule and current EU work law they wouldnt.

Well then let's take national teams. They've followed the same guidelines for decades.

The current Germany team would fucking wipe the floor with any of the past world cup winning teams, there's no doubt.

Theres no way we can actually get to an objective discussion on this, but ill meme with you.
Hungary 1954, Brazil 1970, Holland 1974 and 1978, Germany 1990 and Brazil 1994 IMO would wipe the floor with any current side.