How does this make sense?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gUkpaukL6j8
youtube.com/watch?v=VqOCSzXw7Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=sJthA4l8S5U
youtube.com/watch?v=5s4dOLwS3U0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_catch_kick
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You see, if it goes between the bars, it's good.

>americans
It doesn't.

t. Blair Walsh

When the ball crosses that thing, team scores. The team that scores the most wins, if you know what i mean

>expecting someone without a head to understand basic sports mechanics

do you have trouble understanding how soccer goals work too?

> armegg
> A sport

nice try murrilard

>kneelcrash

how do you know how high you can shoot?

If it goes below the bar, it is not a field goal. If it hits the bar and goes over, it is a field goal.

ok, now tell me how do you know how high you can shoot.

In case you couldn't tell from the webm, no kicker has the leg power to get it that far above the uprights. A hypothetical field goal that goes above the open U-shape of the uprights has never happened.

There was a game when the ball went through the bars but hit the bar on the bottom and bounced back
Why doesn't that count?

>a hypothetical has never happened
I really don't want to insult you at all because you're legitimately answering, but you're not helping m8.

How is this in any way hard to understand? Kickers don't kick the ball that high. It hasn't happened. Is that simple enough?

Are you underage? There are tons of field goals that go above the flags and the refs have to make a decision about whether it's good or not

youtube.com/watch?v=gUkpaukL6j8

Argue, ignore the guy above. Tons of kickers have hit it over the top of the poles. In that case, the referees standing right under the poles make a judgement call as to whether it was inside or outside the pole. There is no height limit.

seems a bit sketchy, but alright.

How does a kicker miss a 52 yard field goal?
You're telling me the seahawks couldn't find one guy in the whole country who can kick at least 52 yards?
>Putting the whole game on a guy's leg which is weaker than your average college kicker
The absolute state of kneeball

it is sketchy, they should have lazers coming from the ground going straight up an if the ball touches it then it's no good

So can you kick a ball like that only from a spot kick or are you allowed to do it from open play as well?

>field goal
>goal is in the sky

Only from this playset. You can also drop-kick (ball bounces off the ground first) it through the posts for two points in a play, but this is an antiquated and EXTREMELY obscure rule that has literally been used once in the NFL in the past 70 years, now that the ball isn't as round as it used to be.

that looks pathetically easy

it is. Anything under 40 is a gimme. 40-50 is probably fine, 50+ is more of the challenge. But the problem is not the kick itself so much but getting it off before the defenders can block it. Kickers can make much longer kicks practising then they can with a defence crashing down on them.

How do you tell if the ball passes through the thing?

looking at it?

it's way easier to see IRL

>A hypothetical field goal that goes above the open U-shape of the uprights has never happened.
I've seen this happen so many times I had to re-read this to make sure you said it. What makes a person so confident in answering something they have no idea about?

Why not put a net there? I mean after the ball passes through the game stops anyway, right?

Then why don't they call it Elliott Smithball?

They put nets behind them to keep the ball from going into the crowd

So this is a Chuck Jones thread now?

I never underatood this. Its not like its going to maim someone.

It has to go through them. Not just hit them dumbass

>he thinks kicking a field goal is easy

youtube.com/watch?v=VqOCSzXw7Zc

wow. a club soccer player too.

This actually makes some sort of sense

>woman

wut

Why do non-Americans ask the most retarded questions day in and day out on here?

why do americans throw an egg and call it football?

that is someone who has centered their life around kicking fucking balls and she can't kick a ball more than a few yards.

And again with another retarded question. It's like they can't help but double down on being idiots.

>woman

the female kicker on my HS team could hit 20 yarders.

>In that case, the referees standing right under the poles make a judgement call as to whether it was inside or outside the pole. There is no height limit.

How does this make any sense? The question might be retarded but that's because gridiron rules are retarded

Okay? You still see female soccer players score 40 meter blooters just fine, but this one who has been playing since she was 5 and can dribble like a freestylist can't even kick an american football 10 feet. It's not easy to kick an oddshaped leather ball, and it's way harder when you have 2 meter apes trying to rush you down within 5 seconds so not only do you have to be fast but kick it at an awkward high angle

then you should probably start making millions doing this.

>they need two refs and a video review for this

Rekt.

>I don't get it, so it's retarded
Every thread asking Americans something ever

kicking a povertyball into an 8x24 foot square looks pathetically easy too

youtube.com/watch?v=sJthA4l8S5U

>we should use less refs because it don make muh brain hurt

But she pulled her quad on the first kick. It's not that hard to get distance - I've kicked rugby and Am football balls. Accuracy, especially under pressure is difficult, as you say, but that video isn't evidence of anything - especially as she does the spazzy woman kick thing.

Don’t ask questions if you don’t want to hear answers.

>a completely spherical round ball
>wide open net except a man who takes up less than half a meter in body width
>miss

But it's Higuain in a major final, it's mathematically impossible for him to score.

That's what I'm saying. It went through the bars, liked if you looked at it from the side it would have been past. However as it came down it hit the part at the bottom and came back out.
Like this

nah I remember the kick he's talking about. I thought that was stupid too. bounced onto the perpendicular bar and out but in hockey/soccer that'd be a goal

I saw in a video that Cairo Santos was a soccer player before going to the NFL.
youtube.com/watch?v=5s4dOLwS3U0

no disrespect to povertyball. she's a woman after all.

So can you kick a ball like that only from a spot kick or are you allowed to do it from open play as well?
>Only from this playset. You can also drop-kick

There is also the fair catch kick;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_catch_kick

heeeeeeeeeeeeh

> However as it came down it hit the part at the bottom and came back out.

IIRC, that did end up counting and I believe it was the Browns that made the kick.

Rugby does the same, the posts just tend to be higher. In rugby rules the posts are hypothetically infinitely long.

There are Australian Rules football players who kick in the NFL, they are pretty good at kicking it far and it's easy money

I was arguing the same thing the other day. if they have sensors in tennis, why can't they use sensors here
or even cameras

What is the point of this meme score? Even the most retarded second rate rugby kicker would never miss.

If that's true then why aren't they giving up their $50-100k second rate rugby gigs for $2-3 million to be a kicker in the NFL?

Is the ball past the plane of the posts (field goal is good) or is it yet to cross the plane?

It's actually really easy. The biggest issue is kicking the ball over the defenders and fast enough. If the defense isn't trying to block your kick then professional kickers should almost always make the kick.

Well spin does have a pretty big influence on how the ball will fly. But yeah, he fucked up.

The extra point was designed back when kicking was a lot more difficult. Originally, kickers just ran up and hit the ball with their toes. Terrible technique. There were also less protections for the kicker and the linemen in early football; defenders could hit the kicker and jump over the offensive line to try and block kicks. All in all, a much more difficult game, so the extra point wasn't guaranteed. It wasn't until I think the 60s or 70s that the "soccer kick", basically hitting the ball with the side of the foot, became popular. It really increased the range and accuracy of kicks, and since teams started kicking the bar more often new rules were put into place to protect the kickers and the offensive linemen.

True, and I'll also add that in the past, football was player in open-air stadiums where wind and weather were a factor.

Yep. Extra points seem superfluous now, but for a long time they were not so easy to execute.

also the further away the lower the angle they have to kick it at to make the distance, which in turn makes it easier for the defense to deflect it, there's a lot of thought that goes into kicking beyond just kicking it in the right direction as hard as you can