Why is northern european food so bland?

Why is northern european food so bland?
Having excuse like they didn't have spices back in the days isn't valid.
These days you can buy pretty much any spice, but still they don't use it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_haw_YDC_zo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NORWAY INVENTED TACOS

Maybe it's because Northern European countries have cold climates which makes it harder to grow food so you end up with less variety of food

What does it has to do with anything present day?
You can buy everything through the year.

We import plenty of ingredients. You can find everything here.
Food is just not a big part of culture here

Humans aren't supposed to eat spices

>because spices are for fags, hence "spicy"
Milk, Cheese and meat is where it's at

We had spices for centuries, having Indonesia as a colony.
But round 1900 some jackass removed all spices from the cooking books, as a way to save money. So now all our traditional foods have become bland.

Even now when food and spices are cheap as fuck, people don't use them for some reason. They rather buy a package or a pre-made sauce than prepare shit themselves. I hate that shit as I'm used to home made food, it's always salty as fuck, without any proper spices.

>cheese can't be spicy

Fuck N*th*rl*nds

syrians even think so

We sell cheese with peppers here, he's just a dumbass that probably never learned how to cook.

>eating spicy things
fucking disgusting Am*r*c*n

ik heb dat eens geprobeerd
gatverdamme dat is de smerigste kaas die ik ook heb gegeten

Hebben ze het misschien verkeerd gemaakt, aangezien kaas met sambal heerlijk is.

jouw mening

what used to be used to give the food flavor is considered bad now
letting the meat rot a little, lactic acid, ridiculous amounts of salt, etc.
and there wasn't much to replace it

>Ik heb sinds ik 6 was geen nieuwe dingen geprobeerd.

Laat me raden je komt uit Hoogeveen ofzo?

>thinking about what's bad while cooking dinner
Just eat less, and/or add some vegetables (like lettuce salads)

traditions stick to the memory just like that porridge will stick to the bowl if you don't finish it.

If your grandmother made bland food for your mother, and that's what she learned to make, it's probably what you ate as a kid.

When you start piling up reasons for it - lack of availability of spices, needing to be efficient in cooking/use of materials... it all kind of adds up.

Being the mixed bag of immigrants we are, there's not a long history of "Canadian" culture - First Nations, sure, but you want to talk about bland cooking - but because of that we're pretty free to mix and match whatever the hell we want. Some people are trying to pull the cultural appropriation card, but cultural appropriation has been my culture for hundreds of years.

nee buitenveldert
en ik probeer wel nieuwe dingen, ik vind ze gewoon niet lekker

>A'dam Zuid
>vreet als een boer

>Just eat less
b-but I'm not a fatty

>boer
ik wist niet dat je daarop neerkeek user?

Waarom zou ik dat doen?
Had meer te maken met het gezegde "wat een boer niet kent, vreet hij niet"

Protestant ethics.
Good food is for people who enjoy life, like catholics.

maar ik vreet wel wat ik niet ken

Maar je vindt het niet lekker, dus vreet je het neit.

How do you explain irish?

Catholics don't enjoy food, they enjoy small boys.

Like you've never cracked open some boys with the cold ones.

Because working is more important than spending time in the kitchen

You eat to live not live to eat.
"Good food" is for inferior people. To compensate for their countries being pathetic shitholes.

nee en dat komt niet door een bekrompen wereldbeeld, mijn tong vind de smaak gewoon niet lekker

Het lijkt me echt vreselijk om van alles niet te lusten. Naast neergezet te worden als een absolute pleb door ieder met wie je wellicht samen eet, mis je een hele variatie aan smaken. Word je echt nooit flauw van telkens hetzelfde eten? En wat doe je als je een etentje hebt en je krijgt iets voorgezet wat je niet lust?

Ik mag vanwege een allergie sommige schimmels Enzo niet eten, en ik vind dit al lastig soms.

I work 60-100h a week.

I always make sure I've got a vat of curry, stew, soup, whatever for the week. Something that's going to keep, that's easy to make (like... I can throw the ingredients into a slow cooker and leave for work), but that's flavourful enough to allow me to enjoy my lunch breaks and not focus on work for a while.

Je vindt het niet lekker omdat je het niet lekker wil vinden.
Smaak is voornamelijk geur en je instelling.

You mean this one?

>preparing food for lunch
Two slices of brown bread with cheese is what you need.

Fucking little boys in the cemetary?

Well it sounds awfully catholic.

I already work like a slave. I don't need to eat like one.

nee ik wil het wel lekker vinden maar dat is het voor mij gewoon niet
nee ik eet gewoon verschillende dingen, net zoals andere mensen, er zijn veel dingen die ik wel lekker vind

>Je vindt het niet lekker omdat je het niet lekker wil vinden.
youtube.com/watch?v=_haw_YDC_zo

I have no idea about that book.
I thought it was called something like "Het kookboek voor de moderne huisvrouw" (The cooking book for the modern house wife)

>brown bread with cheese
>slave food

It's food for the kings.

Catholic guilt isn't about fear of post-mortem consequences... no... they've seen things. They've DONE things.

this
whole grain is the food of the gods

With what I do for a living. I might as well be eating kings. If last night's quick math is to be believed, we're probably burning anywhere from 4000-6000Cal on a long shift.

A loaf of bread and a brick of cheese, maybe... definitely not every day. I'd lose my god damned mind... probably start drinking on the job instead of immediately afterward.

We would benefit from more oats in our diet, and less ähläm kebab.

WHAT SAYS WHITE PERSON??????????????
WHAT IS SPICE??!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ

Italy... put down the oregano. It's going to be ok. It's all going to be ok.

You're saying you're woking like a slave.
Start eating like one, Surinam food is perfect.

>Unfermented food

Only things that should be fermented are drinks.

my great-grandmother used to say lamb meat was no good unless it was starting to rot a little

Most meat does taste better with a bit of aging and microbial action.

Steak for instance.

Icelanders mean proper fermenting, not a little maturing.

>a little maturing

You should see what gets cut off of a "matured" loin cut. Probably turn you off meat and sex entirely.

in general proper fermenting is a big part of Icelandic cuisine but by great grandmother grew up on a farm that probably looked a little like this and there they couldn't afford throwing out food that "matured" a little and that's what she was referring to

Icelanders mean making it grey and pure slime.

Not some mould.

She must have had great breath.