how do soccer fans defend this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9aVZ-vgK0-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Gn5FCn4OJJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It’s impossible to explain how America didn’t qualify

Americans not understanding football
No surprise

who gives a shit? we're making the friendly cup. world cup will go the way of the NIT

can someone explain how the CONMEBOL gets so disrespected?

they have only 10 teams, 9 of which are in the top 32 in the world

yet only get the same number of slots as the AFC and CAF

FIFA will expand it to 48 teams in 2026

Priority is given to third world countries, so confederations full of them will naturally have the most qualifiers, while the richest ones will have the least.

It's a form of global noblesse oblige towards shitskins.

why, so the fucking OFC can finally get a spot?

and more african teams get in?

even if you did the percentages, UEFA getting 13 isnt fucking anywhere close to being fairly balanced

when conmebol has basically an entire fucking contenent of teams in the top 40, Europe does not, Russia shouldnt even be in

but then they clearly dont care about equality when OFC starts off with a fucking HALF A SLOT

yet they have more teams than South America does

this is so fucking stupid

why dont they use NCAA rules and penalize nations who dont ever do shit when they get in

you have to show a track record, use the same regelation system used in european soccer leages

nations who shit the bed in teh group stage are banned from the next WC

be blatant with the obvious "everyone deserves a trophy after the game" bullshit

Because CONMEBOL has 10 countries while AFC and CAF have like 50 each.

There are 100 countries in eufa region. And 90% of them are irrelevant globally, 50% might as well not be named

okay wait, so is the "teams started" column not the total nations in each of those groups?

how does the total still add up to 210?

theres only like 220 nations in the entire world so i think ur math is wrong

but to your point of AFC and CAF having more nations...that also doesnt explain how UEFA has the same number o fteams as them, around 50 yet get 13 slots vs 5

so FIFA clearly isnt about fairness, yet they wont go so far as to just exclude OFC or merg them with AFC

and give CONMEBOL a fair number of slots

if CONCACAF has 3 less slots than AFC/CAF make all 3 have just 3 slots

then you can give those 4 additional slots to UEFA and CONMEBOL

infact there should be a mini playoff for the AFC/CAF/OFC/CONCACAF and only like 5 teams make it thru

then the remaining 20 go to UEFA/CONMEBOL

Stop trying to make sense of FIFA bribery. They expand the tournament because they want the votes of literally who nation's when the elections come around.

This will kill any competition in Conmebol, Brazil probably doesnt give a fuck but the 3 year long campaign , having to play 18 matches has really helped the small countries.

those lesser nations SHOULD have to play more during the 3 years to qualify

teams who did well in the last WC should be rewarded by needing less qualifyers

just like tournaments for clubs in each of the major leagues

I'm dreading this day.

Are the olympic qualifiers more fair?

nobody cares about the olympics

What's the point of qualification if they keep blithely expanding tournaments to include more and more teams

More teams = more people watching = more money.
Same reason why the League of Champions will have 5 teams from each of "top-5" leagues.

Without confederations no team from Africa, Asia, North Ameria or Oceania would qualify for the WC, it'd be only Europe vs South America. This is the most fair way to qualify there is

A more exciting WC would only feature 16 teams, 4 from South America and 12 from Europe. Literally all teams would be contenders for the title there

Name the 12 european teams that would be contenders, genuinely curious

England
Germany
France
Spain
Portugal
Italy
Poland
Croatia
Sweden
Belgium
Netherlands
Denmark

hasnt this meme been debunked already?

only the nations involved in the match tune in

remember like 2 WCs ago when the UK got eliminated and the viewership in the UK dropped off significantly

so much for the so called "love of the game"

>more exciting
absolutely not. Some of the best moments and memes come from the smaller countries

the World Cup should be UEFA + CONMEBOL + Mexico, Japan and one African team

>its fair to limit countries with talent because everyone has to go home with a trophy

daily remind that literally no teams in the EPL have teams with natural british born players as the top scorer on the team

even the years when Man U won the league, it was when a non-brit was on the team and scored more goals

there was 1 season when Rooney scored more than ronaldo, or some other player and they didnt win

bottomline is, none of the top leagues place any merit on "making sure x-number of players are on each team" they allow the best players

meanwhile the teams getting regulated each year are usually the ones made up of fucking natives of that country (just look at EVERY EPL-minor league teir)

also as i already mentioned, there can be a chance for all 200+ nations to qualify, but if they make it and shit up the bed and dont even make it out of the group stage they should be penalized

and teams who do better should be granted an easier qualification process, all the way up to an auto-bid for the winner and have less games/points needed for subsequent teams ranked

wot

when Senegal fails to make it out of the group stage

their qualifying process should be harder

they could do a points deduction process

WC winner 0 points reduced, aka a proper normal 1:1 qualification

then the loser would get x-number reduced

and the points would accumulate and carry over

so eventually you would reach a point where shitty nations who dont even qualify for maybe 2 WC's in a row are now mathmatically exempt from participating the 3rd time, but would still play the games and try to build back up to qualifying status

then you also have a pre-set group ranking/seeding system set up so all teams know and see where they're ranked as they qualify over 3 years, placing emphasis to actually play better/score more goals/better differential to get a better seed

and the groups would be evenly seeded just like a normal sports bracket, no more of this stupid pingpong ball shit

Are you using FIFA rankings? Because those aren't actually the top 32 teams in the world.

its the ELO rankings

>australia is always higher in elo
Based elo

Are you autistic or just retarded?

>only the nations involved in the match tune in
More nations'll get involved, mate. That's the point.

the fucking final already has like 4 million ppl who tune in

thats practically every nation with basic television and functions

but when those teams lose, ratings drop dramatically

also the process already takes a fucking month, whats next, 2 months?

TIER 1:
Germany, Brazil, Argentina, France and Spain.

TIER 2:
Portugal, England, Belgium and Uruguay.

TIER 3:
Poland, Mexico, Croatia, Denmark Sweden Colombia and maybe Nigeria.

TIER 4:
Russia, Peru, Switzerland, Iceland, Costa Rica, Egypt, Senegal, Iran, Serbia, Australia, Japan,Morocco and South Korea.

SHIT TIER:
Saudi Arabia, Panama and Tunisia. Panama doesn't even deserve to be in this world cup. They scored a fake goal, where the ball didn't even cross the line.

Switzerland is stronger than you think

Tier 4 beats the shit out of Tier 3.

They struggled against fucking Northern Ireland, and needed a refball to beat them.Before that they had to face the likes of Faroe Islands and Latvia. Portugal was their only real challenge.

>daily remind that literally no teams in the EPL have teams with natural british born players as the top scorer on the team
When you decided Harry Kane didn't exist, I decided to no longer read any of your posts. Good day sharterclap, remember not to rock the vending machine too much when you buy your breakfast/lunch/dinner from it

>million

meant billion

England is stronger than Argentina

tiers wouldnt be a proper grouping

it should be just like every other sport does it

the best team faces teh worst team, then so on

but in this case with groups, it would be all teh teams placed in a seperate group, in a snake fashion

meaning once you fill the first slot in the group, that last group to get a team, then gets the next team and its filled backwards and then back the other way

Italy or Netherlands would beat 10 nations who "qualified" that arent even in the top 50 in the ELO, with their 2nd squad

oh im sorry, has Tottenham won a fucking championship in the last 100 years?

Wat

We knew that since the whole "muh malvinas" fiasco

Harry Kane has got the golden boot the past 2 years.

When Leicester won the League, their top scorer was Vardy.

There are more English golden boot winners than any other nationality.

There are more English premier league medal holders than any other nationality.

Meme harder kid.

having been brought to my attention i just looked over teh UEFA CL and EPL history for tottenham, sorry that i overlooked this truly relevent team that disproves my theory of EPL teams with native british players as the top scorer ever winning championships

Hart > Romero
Walker > Mercado
Cahill = Otamendi
Jones > Mascherano
Livermore > Rojo
Henderson > Biglia
Welbeck > Banega
Vardy > Di Maria
Kane > Aguero
Rashford < Messi

>Harry Kane
>Jamie Vardy
>Tammy Abraham
>Glenn Murray
>Peter Crouch
>Sam Vokes
>Callum Wilson
>Jamaal Lascelles
>Jay Rodriguez

Yes, they have, plenty of them, shut the fuck up.

You too, you're fucking stupid.

euro > world cup

>Yes, they have, plenty of them

Sure. I don't think the viewership of the final would get any significant bump, but the group games involving the newcomers would (as it currently stays at 0).
It obviously isn't about increasing the level of the competition or anything like that.

England better fucking hope they're not playing with Cahill, Livermore, Henderson, and Welbeck.

Why are you still here? Shut the fuck up and leave.

>presented with the factual history of this shit nation
>has nothing to actually say to refute it

thats called logical fallacy 101

You can't make stupid shit up, grab a portion of history that barely coincides with your idiocy, then proclaim it as fact. Shut the fuck up.

>a portion

its the entire fucking history of both leagues lol

Yes of course you're right. Let's ignore all the true history because you have cognitive dissonance and couldn't stand losing this argument lest your identity be violated and your entitlement to win internet arguments be ripped apart from you.

>we won in some other now-defunct league

last i checked nobody gives a fuck, its the EPL

and the CL has been the same for ever and all i see are fucking dots for the last 30 years and 2 actual group stage apperances over the last 10

no C's

and i dont see a 1 in the standing column for the EPL either

nobody talks about Princeton and Rutgers being college football powerhouses because they started the entire league 100 years ago and won each year since they were the only ones participating

nobody counts the 12 championships the packers won before the superbowl became the new agreed standard

same with the pre-NBA, Hockey, ext...

shit even the CL had a tournament prior to it, those results didnt carry over

Yeah I agree dude, you're totally right.

>how does the total still add up to 210?

>theres only like 220 nations in the entire world so i think ur math is wrong

Fucking hell watch out for Doctor Brain here.

There's something like 193 or 195 "proper" countries, depending on your definition. With the various partly-recognised states it's about 205.

You don't have to be a nation-state to have a FIFA team though, for example the United Kingdom has several teams, the home nations (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) because of muh history, and then territories like Gibraltar and Anguilla have their own FIFA team. Same for France, Tahiti is another team their nation sends.

I don't understand, what's the complaint here?

The only place these aren't carrying over is in your autistic brain. I know things are slightly different in plastic franchise land, but don't apply that to us.

The Premier League is simply the post-'93 name for the first division of our monolithic football system.

>shit even the CL had a tournament prior to it, those results didnt carry over

Except they do, that's why Real Madrid won the "Decima" and were congratulated for it recently.

There is no team in Oceania good enough for the world cup you fat retard. If there was actually fair qualifying, there would be MORE european teams, not less.

How do Americans explain losing to Tomato tomato

They are implying that better teams lose places to mostly African and Asian teams.

umm sweetie, that'd be the docima, thanks.

>The Premier League is simply the post-'93 name for the first division of our monolithic football system.
It's post-'92 and there is a difference between the First Division and the PL.

I posted before explaining that Russia was the last chance to be a relevant football nation. If you didn't qualify for Russia you are now irrelevant forever.

The reasons are basically becasue Russia will be the last normal world cup. For euros, the European championships is now a meme competition already due to the expansion and meme format. The next world cup, although still at 32 teams, is in Qatar which is a meme in itself. Russia's selection as host was just about ok even though it was the wrong choice.

After Qatar, you have another meme euros and then a 48 team world cup. I'm not against expansion but that's too many and the format is just horrible

>and there is a difference between the First Division and the PL
now there is, but if you compare pre-92 first division with premier league, they're both the top league in the English league system.

>CONCACAF
>3 spots

Jesus christ, how many are they going to get when it's 48?

That's six proper teams and six joke teams.

Sure, I wasn't really paying attention to what was being said. There are differences between the two but I guess for his purposes it doesn't matter.

I seriously don't want to play against shitters like Bolivia, Ecuador, Chile or Venezuela in the World Cup.
if we're going to be playing against shitters, then they better be shitters from other confeds, except OFC and conCACAf since they're not even close to being relevant.

>Memegium
>Pooland
>SWEDEN YES

The rest i think have a shot

New Zealand, OFC's best team is 122nd in the Fifa ranking and 71st in the Elo ranking. They don't deserve shit.

>Chile

mmmm, you post is giving me SECOND toughts

Fans of Spanish teams won't defend this because Spanish team can't defend. Lol!

yeah, you're shit at football, I'm sorry that this upsets you.

>para gay

you are not fooling anyone, traumatized sweetie

>Copa América
>0-0
the only traumatized one was Messi because he couldn't even win a shitty trophy against a shitty opponent.

um, yeah, twice, lol

yes, that's my point, nobody gives a fuck about Copa América, a tournament that even Bolivia has won, Argentina and Urugay have 7 hundred titles of, and Brazil never sends their A team to.
or even losing 0-0, twice.
nobody other than the man you have pictures of crying on your pc gives a fuck.

>I swear, we don't care

yes, I feel sorry for you m8.

>Chile trying to claim upper ground
You really should just lay low for a while, my non-WC friend.

this is Macri, literally the President of Argentina crying.

youtube.com/watch?v=9aVZ-vgK0-Q

>trying this hard
deep down you know that tournament doesn't matter at all, I was more upset about losing 1-1 against Uruguay in 2011 because it was at home, and even then we still don't give a fuck.

in the meantime your national team's best result was winning a shitty tournament 0-0, while not qualifying for the WC.

I'm sorry you had to be born a Chilean.
I'm really sorry for you.

I'd post yours but I'm not obsessed so I have no clue who your president is.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gn5FCn4OJJI

>Europe football god tier
>news

>we're just happy to be participating.

No wonder you are Mexico tier now. But you guys used to be good. I give you that.

you've always been shit, 2 shitty titles that nobody gives a fuck about won't change anything.
this WC things went back to normal for you.
that's it.

>if I don't reply I will lose

Man you're being a real meanie today, Argie.

and what are you doing?
are you seriously this dumb? I mean, it's not like it surprises me or anything.