When will they learn?

when will they learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/22/manute-bol-may-have-been-50-when-played-in-nba.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jumps pretty high desu

>Manute Bol
>dead
>Muggsy Bogues
>alive

Sorry what is there to learn?

>160cm and can dunk
how the fuck did he do it? I'm 188cm and can't dunk

>188cm

Vertical jump is mostly genetics, it’s one of those things that can’t be improved significatively no matter how much you train

Can't you work on buzz words like "explosiveness" and "energy transfer" to get some results?

Because of his high thighs and big thighs that go up into his back. And they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs, you see. This goes all the way to the Civil War when, during the slave trading, the owner, the slave owner, would breed his big woman so that he would have a big black kid, see. That's where it all started.

Not all dunks are a vertical jump. Have you never watched olympic high jump?

Not much. You can take a skinny guy and train him to bench 3pl8 but you can’t get him to a 30 inch vertical if he isn’t good at it to begin with

>jumping that high

that's spud webb

Manute's son, unironically named Bol Bol, just committed to Oregon for next season. He's not as tall as dad, though, he's only 7'2", but he's more muscular and strong even at 18. Might be good.

Should have called him Basket

You can by jumping rope and having adequate height.

That how Jordan waa able to do those dunk.

Granted you dont have goat gene like hime but tou can certainly train your body to least touch the rim

>That how Jordan waa able to do those dunk.
He is almost 2 metres tall and is black, he probably can dunk since he's 12 years old

kek

jordan wasnt very tall until after his freshman year in HS when he had a huge growth spurt

The guy who brought Bol from Sudan said he made up his birthday and he was probably 40 or 50 when playing in the NBA. If that statement was true, which I doubt, imagine how much better an actually young Bol would be.

kek souce?

his son is as tall as him, is young and he sucks

>cm

Seriously though, did the small guy use a trampoline or did some other big guy outside the photo throw him up? There is no way for a human being to jump this high

foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/22/manute-bol-may-have-been-50-when-played-in-nba.html

YEET

>being a gde

I wouldn't doubt it, those Sudanese players get hooked onto agents who immediately cut 5-6 years off their age. That was why Thon Maker slipped in the draft to Milwaukee; because no one was sure what his true age was, and still no one is really sure.

>huge growth spurt
This is code for steroids right?

Some people are just really good at jumping m8

>Captain TSUbasa

I can dunk easily and I'm 5'6, I don't know why you guys are so worked up over this. Excuse me for being an alpha male athlete.

>basketball is a real sport
>any tall guy can walk out of the jungle and make the NBA
ahahahaha

What team do you play for?

that's totally untrue

>go to his wiki
>June 19, 2010 (age unknown)
wut

Must have been just recently edited cause when I checked it a couple months ago it was like 41 y/o or something

africans are notorious about lying about their age to get prioritzed as "children" for immigration purposes. someone post that picture of the like 28 year old somalian immigrant in sweden posing with the gold medal next to two 12 year olds. and especially so for athletes because the younger you are the more valuable you are and have more "upside"

You also get to play against children when you're an adult too, increasing your likelihood of being signed by a team.

You called?

Nice rebuttal paco. But the truth is that jumping depends on fast twitch muscle fibers (type II-B) and that explosive athletes (NBA, NFL, weighlifters, sprinters) have up to 80% of their muscles made up of fast twitch fibers.

Muscle fibers can change, but they become slower with time not faster. Outside of lab experiments with rats, there is no way for your muscle composition to go from slow fibers to fast fibers. Maybe you can change around 5%? I guess nobody has done research on something that small, the fact of the matter is that nobody went from 50% to 80% fast twitch fibers, just to give an example.

Explosive power can be improved I'm not saying otherwise, but not by a lot. You can go to great to elite, but not from average to elite. If you can't dunk chances are you'll never dunk no matter the training you do.

I don't know much about Frank other than he used to post on /fit/. How does he invalidate anything I said?

>"sports" """"""""""science"""""""""""""
>around 5%
Many nfl players improve their jump over 10% since their draft (not particularly untrained couch potatos by then). Source: google it yourself, player stats are readily available

>post someone on gear
>???

Did you know the average NBA vertical is only 28"? Those guys have been working on their vertical their whole lives. You really can't improve your vertical much without elite genetics.

>touch the rim
>even close to dunking
>even close to impressive

>much
How much? If elite athletes, who should be getting hit by diminishing returns, can add 5 inches to their jump (high jumpers can add 30cm over their career), why wouldn't an untrained person be able to add even more? I'm not saying all manlets can do 360 dunks, but saying that vertical jump is 95 or even 90% genetics sounds like a misquote or a misunderstanding of what heritability means (common misunderstanding).

Just look at the wild variation in vertical leaping ability of NFL athletes. Some have

> no matter how much you improve your vertical will likely be dogshit.
Agreed, but even within dogshit there are degrees. You can go from touching the rim to dunking for example.

>any tall guy

Bol was 7'7" with an 8' wingspan, he was more fucking giant than just tall

Simply dunking is more about the ability to manipulate the ball than vertical leaping ability. If I could easily palm the ball I could easily dunk. That's why You see guys throwing the ball in the air, running and jumping and catching the ball mid air and throwing it down. It looks cool but it's actually just way easier to dunk like that because you don't have to control the ball on the way up and it's easier to learn the timing of such a move than grow longer hands or improve vertical. Try dunking a tennis ball it's way easier even though you don't jump any higher. I'm kinda glad in a way that I don't have a massive vertical because what goes up must come down and you come down and roll your ankle harder and it's harder on the knees. Not that I wouldn't still want a huge vert just there's pros and cons to everything.

>tfw

his mother put salt in his shoes, that what did it

I'm 5'8 and I can dunk fuck off lanklets

jesus christ that gigganigga's forearm alone is about the size of the other guy's entire torso

my hands are actually pretty wide across. it's my fingers that are on the short side. it's good in a way shorter fingers don't get twisted and jammed up as easily but palming a ball while dunking is not very easy.

trips and an underrated post

nice blog faggot