youtube.com/watch?v=K91O9LJp0i4
youtube.com/watch?v=3zutpxu86EE
youtu.be/ygxWbF_rIic
youtube.com/watch?v=gsM8I2zqUZI
youtube.com/watch?v=5g2-3hmU5Sw
youtube.com/watch?v=auV8BxvfMes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Basketball match

That's because the first people who moved to the us, the puritans, where basicly al-Qaeda and showing passion for anything other then God is wrong. That's why they where kicked out of Europe.

Bonus, drunk Irishmen

youtube.com/watch?v=YHAtSfdyhv8
youtube.com/watch?v=XmiKKVMrwJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=_r0LvSFHkWU
youtube.com/watch?v=5_Bp7vWvN1c
youtube.com/watch?v=Ipg4oxNw2b4
youtube.com/watch?v=0Pn63oJLZgE

youtube.com/watch?v=J5L6guwikXc

Americans are brainwashed into being good boys and not having passion

Commentary needs to shut the fuck up in the first one

They have a lot better
youtube.com/watch?v=0KQJwuIxtCU

youtube.com/watch?v=WcvAOpnnMK0
youtube.com/watch?v=4q2xnerjE6Y
something for americans to enjoy (clap clap)
youtube.com/watch?v=X_cwcTNGp3U

Something from my city :)

youtube.com/watch?v=ff3xLd-OaO0

You mean you don't rate *D - FENCE*?

To be fair, for 95% of football matches there's never a "dangerous atmosphere"

Conversely go to Oakland, Cleveland, Philly, or a Jets game in NY for the NFL and you'll be dealing with very rowdy and dangerous types all over.

youtube.com/watch?v=IIN7rDrdURU&index=2&list=RDQMjVUkmoHlsMg
little something from down here lad

Or any rivalry game, especially if the away fans have a significant presence. Bungles-Stoolers is pretty fucking scary.

You lads don’t know what a scary atmosphere is like until you’ve seen cops shooting rubber bullets at people inside the stadium and getting seats thrown at them in response

Oh yeah, the good ol' sudaca stadium treatment

>yfw you have to run 10 blocks from a fight between 'barras' only to be safe but then the cops knock you out because they suspect you are running towards them because other 'barras' are actually fighting the police as well

What about the UK?

Why is everyone obsessed with America?

Cleveland is empty. It's like Philadelphia but no one there

youtube.com/watch?v=4Hckgwh7ryU
youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9OOiYoSZY
youtube.com/watch?v=3acwdhRnWks
youtube.com/watch?v=Hsbg9NiMRzk
youtube.com/watch?v=tvMBmNzlYBo

>*repeat the same 5 words phrase for 90 minutes*

for me its fenerbahçe's mehter chant

youtube.com/watch?v=y7Z2WAKtOMs

t. local club fan

that's what all supporter culture is like

i doubt yours is more sophisticated, perhaps throw in a few more curse words about the other team's mothers

maybe you should stop generalizing, because there's huge variation in each group desu.

also, this

i like it when turk fans do this thing
youtube.com/watch?v=TvrT0g4ZgXg

English culture is shittt
English culture is shittt
All they have is this chant
English culture is shit

No, it's because in the US clubs are "franchises" that move around from city to city selling CocaCola and Gillette ads while in Europe clubs dates backs more than 100 years and represent class, ethnicity, religion et cetera.

We have rather long lyrics and clubs from all over the world copy the Argentine football songs

He's generalising but he's right, Americans don't know what real atmosphere is. Unless you are talking about American tourists watching sport events in other countries

>actually believing that drivel in the year of our Lord 2017

Soccer is just as much of a corporate sellout as American sports are nowadays. Every decent club is owned by some billionaire or large multinational corporation who uses it solely as either a revenue generator, a tax haven, or a personal toy. The club means nothing other than a bottom line to the board of directors. It's all about money in sports now, no matter what country your from.

yeah its like go-to chant for every team. pretty nice. even aboubakar did it yesterday lel

youtube.com/watch?v=DTE8uehcVKQ

march of my local club got best lyrics by far, but too long to translate

youtube.com/watch?v=jtzwUxU0_3s

Kek, not really

Only a few English clubs have owners and it isn't the same as in the USA. In the USA franchises' purpose is only to generate profit. Football clubs are non-profit organisations, even those with an owner. It doesn't mean they don't want money, it means all the profit goes back to the club, buying players, a new stadium, financing amateur sports of the same club, etc

Fucking yobs.

Things like football games, baseball games, and even some hockey games with the Original 6 NHL teams were suit & tie affairs in the early days.

And then yes, it didn't take long for someone realize they could whore it out and place adverts in between stoppage.

My dad would always dress up in some really nice dress clothes whenever we went to Detroit lions games.

Actually a lot of our teams go back that far, and like the rest of your ignorant friends, you've grown smug despite failing to understand the prominence of college sports here.

Gjge

Don't soccer clubs have ads on their kits

Of course sports move money, lot of people watch them, eventualy they'll end up full of ads (Americans make fun of ads on kits and now their basketball team have them too)

The difference between the USA and the rest of the world is that your whole system was made to make money since the very begining, when you don't have transfers for money and just allow swaps and picks, you do it so the owner can keep the money

I mean, sure, they wore suits and ties to games back in the day, but that's because everyone wore that all the time unless you were literally dirt poor and in rags. Nobody wore casual clothing outside in public. Even at the old baseball games in the 20s and further, all the working class guys in the rafters still wore suit and tie with a hat. Doesn't really speak to the formality of the event.

Well they still need to make money, and they can't stop the matches every 3 minutes

also its written when we got relegated to amateur fucking league, context is "one day we are gonna come back and sing that song". it's that day(we had game ban cuz of flares at promotion playoff). still got goosebumps

You're being deceptive if you're implying it's just England where clubs are privately held. It's common in Italy and France too. Moreover, the reinvestment of profits in infrastructure to improve net worth doesn't make the point you think it does. Google and amazon don't pay a dividend, but they aren't a noble nonprofit venture.

Less than 0.1% of the football clubs are like that, and as I already said, having an owner in football isn't the same as having an owner in American sports

In most cases they buy the club because they have lot of money and want to help the club they love, by putting money out of their own pockets into the club. In the USA it's quite the opposite

Not saying it's good or bad, just saying it's different. Hence your lack of passion in sports, why would you root for some franchise that can move to another city and change the name any moment?

>Since the very beginning

Our pro teams were generally clubs at first, later becoming franchises of leagues that we're forming. Don't post if you do know what your talking about.

Please provide sources on that stat.

Also, it's weird how much the Chinese and middle easterners seem to love European clubs, especially the popular ones.

Also, you don't seem to understand how most American sports owners come to be. Rough day for you m8

Were the Yankees a club? With actual club members? I find that hard to believe

They literally were, sorry you're uninformed. Stop posting.

Which services did the Yankees Club offer? You either don't know what a club is or you are just making it up

Wikipedia shows nothing similar to a club in the Yankees history

Americans are fat

services? They were a baseball club in the 19th century, so they facilitated the playing of competitive baseball games for members. i understand that athletic clubs today are a little different. What services did boca offer in the 19th century?

And your goalposts are moving... they weren't formed as a profit seeking venture at their outset, you retard.

BTFO

>The state of Mcdonaldsland

youtube.com/watch?v=lWFCh0WNk_o

>What services did boca offer in the 19th century?
It didn't exist

But clubs that still exist now in that era had fencing, sailing, hockey, cricket, rugby and football teams with pools and ball rooms for the members

You only get those types of atmosphere at college football games in america. Part of the reason college football is superior to nfl

youtube.com/watch?v=aGsk_KoaABI

>why aren't they singing a nursery rhyme?

>this fucking thread
that one retarded burger that can't comprehend what a club is makes me kek

that's just 100k people talking to each other, almost no sound kek. you know the athmosphere is fake when they play music on the speakers, if you did that shit here other teams will make fun of you for the next 100 years

the loudest stadiums are in the US, my silly friend.

that's not something that happened ITT

>american sports fans have no passi-

yea because you play music on speakers...

in most american games you can literally listen to the players talk to each other lol

it has nothing to do with speakers whatsoever. i can't tell if you actually believe all the dumb shit you've said in this thread.

imagine getting killed because you said mcdonalds is better than burger king

only in the usa

Spoiler: it was just niggers

imagine getting killed because the junta said you had to fight a bunch of faggy brits

>just 100k talking to each other
lmao you have no idea how fucking loud college stadiums get. Miss me with your stupid ass chants, diego.

how can you make fun of that when americans send thousands of americans to die on the other side of the world over some pointless war every single year?

"pretending" to be retarded is the worst banter style, and seems to be the only one americans master

SEETHING

>people scream when listen to metallica on the speakers but are silent when the actual game is going on
KEK, just admit you don't care about the sport per se. in the super bowl the bit with the highest ratings is the half time show

>accidentally admitting you're actually retarded or a hypocrite

>silent when the actual game is going on
just admit that you've never watched a college football game

eh?

>citing the superbowl in response to a post about college sports

wew, these are the people who think they are smart enough tell you about your own country

talking about the video posted

people were silent during the play and when it stops the stadium plays metallica and the crowd goes crazy

>amerispeakers on suicide watch

youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_nXzwiCtY
youtube.com/watch?v=kp3IUwcGuRY
youtube.com/watch?v=CnMZsiRR81Y

>the loudest stadiums are in the US
Isn't that because you have prompts telling people when to make noise and "noise meters" so people just yell for a few seconds to break the record or whatever? That's what happened at the seahawks stadium

Just take a walk through Baltimore at midnight if you want to fear for your life

>people were silent during the play

they weren't silent at all, dumbass. Moreover, the point of crowd noise in football is to keep the opposing offense from being able to communicate, which has demonstrable impacts on the play (was probably deafening in the vid when the visiting team was lining up to snap it). It's in the home team's best interest to be silent when their team has possession. You of course didn't know any of this, yet still have an opinion, which is why you're a joke.

that looks silent if you compare it to real crowds

no, the loudest readings happened during opposing teams' 3rd down plays, which everyone knows to be loud during (those noise meters are gimmicks)

>things can look silent

today i learned that you can hear with your eyes in the southern hemisphere. consider me jealous of this skill

>taking figures of speech in a literal way
damn, you are quite dumb

i was being sarcastic, though I'll forgive the fact that you are dealing with this in your second language. You have no idea how loud it was in that stadium based on a TV feed, which have controlled audio. that should be obvious. It's fucking retarded of you to have an opinion on the actual noise level of that event.

not singing some panzy song means its silent in soccer I guess.

>amerispeaker atmosphere

youtube.com/watch?v=ErJo2CpAYps
youtube.com/watch?v=K91O9LJp0i4

absolute kek

Imagine getting sent to the other side of the world to get killed by some rice farmers or goat herders

Mmm, yes

What are the fans in American sports doing, yelling "woah" and "d-fence* or *clap clap clap, "team name"*?

the defence clap clap thing is a meme only in nfl crowds
see
>third world intellectuals

Why do Americans think it's "pansy" to sing at matches? Chants are great and a lot of them are pretty funny.

>only in nfl crowds
It's quite common in basketball too

Don't even make me talk about baseball "fans"

I actually agree with this (and so do most americans, fight songs and shit are a big deal here). But its weird to me that so many people outside of the US think singing is somehow superior to any other form of vocal/musical/visual support. it's all the same thing dressed up a different way.

youtube.com/watch?v=3zutpxu86EE

You ask for the best and most rowdy atmosphere in American sports? Say no more.
youtu.be/ygxWbF_rIic

baseball isn't really a fair comparison to any of those other sports. it was always meant to be low-intensity and slow for 99% of the game and 99% of the season.

>British songs
youtube.com/watch?v=gsM8I2zqUZI

kek

>yuropoor and 3rs worlder fans act like literal niggers by fighting, rioting, killing, bombing team buses for gambling
>OUR PASSION MUH LOVE OF THE SPORT
>MUH ATMOSPHERIC
Fucking retarded barbarians

not sure about other sports in america but nba fans are absolute customers i think. dont remember any specific chants at all

no it isn't. have you ever actually played sports?
it's not the same if you hear an actual chant rather than 100k mongoloids going "AAHHHHH"

>wanting to win is bad
Good goy, keep acting like that. You are the perfect citizen

I mean, we have instruments here too (well, my team bans them but that's something else) but we just prefer singing. England has a brass band and everyone fucking hates them. Palace have cheerleaders and everyone hates them. We play music before the match, it's usually the same song every time and usually quite iconic, my club plays this for example:

youtube.com/watch?v=5g2-3hmU5Sw

We just find that having stuff like chants over the loudspeaker, microphones, goal music etc. a bit embarrassing.

I have played several sports. How many have you played? Sometimes pure noise is more effective. Sometimes incisive insults are distracting and more effective. Sometimes crowd cohesion is more effective. Its really context dependent. Also, chanting is common in the US, and chanting specific personal things at specific players is also a thing, especially at collegiate level. That's not necessarily the same as singing.

>singing in matches is bad
you just don't know how to do it properly
youtube.com/watch?v=auV8BxvfMes

>We just find that having stuff like chants over the loudspeaker, microphones, goal music etc. a bit embarrassing.

ok cool!