Man, makes you think, doesn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

salon.com/2016/06/20/the_militia_myth_why_an_armed_citizenry_isnt_the_best_defense_against_state_tyranny/
youtube.com/watch?v=P4zE0K22zH8
cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-gun-permit-map/
timesunion.com/news/article/New-York-SAFE-Act-gun-registration-numbers-are-6343080.php
daily-journal.com/news/nation/for-every-gun-used-in-self-defense-more-are-used/article_dc72e52b-2375-590c-94a1-5de47c19049b.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hmmm really dose

I agree. Gun courses in school now!

SHALL

not
/thread

Holy shit... this made me think.

>gay used to mean being happy
>everyone accepts that it now means being homosexual

>"regulated" used to mean something like "well kept", meaning gun owners were regulating themselves, separate from the state/government
>cucks try and argue that "regulated" means state/government tells gun owners how to do everything

the thing I hate most about cucks is their inconsistency

The founding fathers were telling us that guns needed to be Well Regulated within the confines of a Militia. It's obvious.

Over.Regulated.

#DsiarmTyranny

The right to bear arms shall not be infr

(((((Rothfuss)))))

Not really.

The government is perfectly free to regulate the militia. It is the government's duty to do so.

They don't get to infringe on the right to bear arms in the process.

>The Cuckhold's Fear

tl;dr is "My opinion is better than James Madison's"

cool fact: Thomas Jefferson owned a Girardoni Air Gun, a gun that could hold around 20 lead balls and shoot them semi-auto.

You are not a man if you want gun control.

Also i would love to see how the shitstain demoshits in shitcago would explain the intense gun laws vs their insanely high crime rate

What a fucking halfwit.

wtf i hate the constitution now

I still like his books... still waiting on that 3rd.

t. Irrelevant writer whose second book was an embarrassing exercise in neck beard wish fulfillment fantasy

Dawn straight. We brits joke about the spoons and assault bike wheels etc. But seriously, that's where the slippery slope will take you if you let it start. Ban guns, then knives, eventually broomhandles become WMDS. Fuck I want my guns.

It's a shame these liberal faggots are too mentally ill to understand the irony of saying things like "it's a living document" and not understanding that they're a fringe minority that has literally zero chance of getting an actual constitutional amendment ratified.

>violence for political reasons
hmm almost sounds like terrorism

I came here from /k/ to tell you to go fuck yourself.

if the possibility of being wrong is sufficient evidence of actually being wrong, i hereby declare everybody who disagrees with me to be wrong about everything

Fun fact: Patrick Rothfuss's second book had a several-chatper-long interlude in the middle where the main character, who was a virgin, got tutored in being really good at sex by a magical forest sex-fairy. Then he went back to the mortal realm and for the rest of the book all of the ladies were like, "wow, he's really good at sex!"

Also he wrote a song about his sex lessons with the magical forest sex-fairy that within a couple months became one of the most popular songs in the world, so now everybody knows how good he is at sex.

I am not misrepresenting him. This is a literal description of what happens.

I don't even give a shit about gun control one way or the other, but this doesn't make me inclined to take his opinions seriously ... about anything.

Sounds like some great reasons to revisit this whole "free speech" thing.

BE

They blame surrounding areas with freer gun laws then sweep it all under the rug. No citizen, you don't need to worry about the crime rates. Look at this mass shooting! Think of the children!

Well. Regulated. Militia.

Don't his book really cater to feminists? I know a lot of my female friends are craze about him

Well regulated means well PRACTICED with arms to be ready when called upon to fight.

What were the English Soldiers during the Revolution called?

The Regulars.

Fuck you faggot 1v2 me irl dicksuck

>(((Rothfus)))

>Scholars have tested these theories and the evidence is clear: Whether it’s liberation movements, secessionist campaigns, insurrectionist or anti-regime struggles, nonviolence resistance succeeds relative to violent resistance. In 2011, Erica Chenoweth, a professor of International Studies at the University of Denver, and Maria J. Stephan, a senior policy fellow at the United States Institute of Peace (USIP), published a comparative study of 323 violent and nonviolent resistance campaigns between 1900 and 2006. What they discovered aligns perfectly with Sharp’s pluralistic conception of power: “nonviolent resistance campaigns were nearly twice as likely to achieve full or or partial success as their violent counterparts” (7). And this holds across regime types and in various regions of the world.

salon.com/2016/06/20/the_militia_myth_why_an_armed_citizenry_isnt_the_best_defense_against_state_tyranny/

Half of them believed slavery was a good idea and yet we pretend what they wrote 200 years ago is the gospel.

INFRINGED

>Half of them believed slavery was a good idea
Do you enjoy pulling fabricated garbage straight out of your loose anus?

>nonviolence

No such thing m80. There is always force, or the threat of force

Fuck off Patrick, your books are shot and you are a fat liberal long haired hippy mouth breathing scumbag wast of humanity

>rustled
Are you one of Jefferson's kids?

>Half of them believed slavery was a good idea and yet we pretend what they wrote 200 years ago is the gospel.

More like they correctly believed it was an issue that would split the nation, and as such delayed addressing it.

Congress under Thomas Jefferson (meaning he didn't shoot it down) banned the importation of slaves in 1808. Slavery was on its way out, one way or another.

Well, if you are a liberal you MUST by law have either racist or hate in your slogan somewhere.

Next #BanRacistGuns

Certainly free means we don't have to pay to speak, but we can't just speak anything we want to.

Wtf I hate guns now?

I would be okay with all guns needing registered, and that guns must be brought in when the owner dies or wishes to resell them and have the process done by an agency. Maybe have the NRA become a fully endorsed government agency.

Would make more jobs.

Registration is not OK.

>all guns needing to be registered
That would defeat the purpose of the second amendment.

Eh. Maybe a little, there's a couple Strong Female Characters (who honestly aren't terribly written, it's not that forced) but their presence is balanced out by the fucking ridiculous sexy-fairy segment, and the female love interest, who's universally hated. The first book is extremely male-dominated. And of the Strong Female Characters, two fuck the main character, one offers to fuck him, and one is in love with him (for a while, anyway.)

The book is a male wish-fulfillment fantasy if anything. I know he has a reputation as a feminist author, but for better or for worse I really don't see it.

What exactly is registration supposed to accomplish? I've never found a gun grabber capable of explaining the point other than it's more gun control, therefore they want it.

If I were a lawyer then I could easily poke a hole through this argument by mentioning that if "well regulated militia" meant a people "working as intended" then you now see a American people who are NOT well regulated at this time, they are going around shooting each other and causing mass havoc.

If these be the definitions then right now, we don't truly count as a well regulated militia at all. Until such time as we can regulate the people, gun control is justice, we need right now.

>well regulated means government controlled

Do they pretend to not know what words are?

There is nothing wrong with registration.

That being said, it should be a classified document. Not a public list.

>I would be okay with all words needing registered, and that words must be brought in when the owner dies or wishes to resell them and have the process done by an agency. Maybe have the NRA become a fully endorsed government agency.
>Would make more jobs.

You'd make a terrible lawyer.

Basically it means that if a person has a firearm, but wasn't qualified to have one, you can find out who gave it to him.

I see people selling handguns and AR-15s all the time in bragg and it's always a simply no questions asked cash only exchange.

Where does it say guns should be kept secret?

That's basically already the case with copyright.

There's plenty wrong with registration. Who owns guns and what they own is none of the government's business.

It's also a complete waste of time and money. The government has a list, probably hilariously inaccurate, of who owns what guns. Okay? What exactly did that accomplish?

If you were a lawyer, you'd hang from a tree for treason when the day of the rope arrives.

SHALL

>Well regulated

Which means functioning as intended.

Since the ideas behind the militia has changed drastically since it's inception it could be argued that it's certainly not functioning as intended.

The argument could be made that a militia is no longer needed for the security of a free state.

therefore no need for citizens to bear arms.

this is just shitty devils advocate here.

i'm on the fucking guns for fucking everyone side of the argument.

>if i were a lawyer
thank god you're not.
that argument is the incomprehensible ravings of a fool

youtube.com/watch?v=P4zE0K22zH8

SHALL

"Every citizen has the right to own weapons at home and use them, either for common defense, his own defense, against any illegal agression which would put in jeopardy the life, members or freedom of one or several citizens"

Article X of the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen, 1789.

That article was discarded in the final draft for the following reasons :

"The right declared in discarded article X was obvious in its nature, and one of the main guarantors of political and civil freedom, that no other institution can replace."

The writers of the declaration outlined that owning weapons was a natural right, existing everywhere since an extremely long time, it is "a superior and unyielding principle, which forces itself not only upon the authority of a determined state, but to the authorities of all states."

Now I wonder how leftards would be trying to argue those words if that article had been included.

>person commits crime with firearm
>turns out he should have never had it
>find out who it's registered to
>hold them accountable as well

That being said, I guess most illegal firearms have scratched serial numbers.

There are more than half a billion unregistered guns currently in circulation in the United States.

Explain in detail how your registration scheme is going to be effective.

this. why don't we do this? this is such an obvious thing that we should be doing that it hurts

>want to hold third parties responsible for someone else's crimes

Liberals are such scumbags.

It would help with future firearms. It would mitigate the random circulation of future weapons.

But as I said above, it probably wouldn't help just because people scratch the numbers off.

I guess the only real answer is to arm everyone.

death by 1000 cuts.

your grandchildren won't have as many guns to deal with.

it's what happened to britain.

slam the hard legislation down in the 80s and by now the amount of guns legal or illegal is vastly reduced.

and then some chav shivs you with a spoon.

such is life in Britain.

What a fucking cuck. Not reading his shit anymore.

Gas. Kikes.

If you give a weapon to someone without checking to see if they're mentally soumd then you're just as wreckless as Hillary.

>future firearms

Who cares when there are already half a billion in circulation?

You are literally insane.

I didn't really think so honestly after I read them both.

There's a clan where female warriors are equal to male ones and Kvothe(Protagonist) is trained by a female one, He has to duel a 13 y/o girl who beats him easily enough, but she trained from when she was a child and he knew very little about swordplay at that point

The protagonists love interest is a huge slut, in book 1 she is the towns bike, in book two she is multiple countries bike. He tried to play it off as if it was fine(sex postive) but 99% of people hate her though.

He then made Kvothe a manwhore basically for the last half of the second book in some idiotic attempt to somehow demean what his main live interest was doing

>I guess most illegal firearms have scratched serial numbers.
You said it.

Registrations are almost entirely ineffective at preventing crime and they cost quite a bit of money to upkeep. Canada scrapped their long-gun registry because it was too expensive and didnt provide any benefits.

The slippery slope is no fallacy in this argument. Registration has no purpose but to lead to confiscation.

>nothing wrong with registration
cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-gun-permit-map/

Also that little thing about registration invariably being used to attempt some level of confiscation, AND registries were made illegal under the 1986 FOPA anyway.

Yeah, it's not happening in America.

timesunion.com/news/article/New-York-SAFE-Act-gun-registration-numbers-are-6343080.php

>Since New York's SAFE Act gun control law went into effect in January 2013, a total of 23,847 people have applied to register their newly defined assault-style weapons with the State Police.

>Those individuals have registered a total of 44,485 weapons.

>people are already have cancer
>why bother trying to cure it

I just look for options. I don't want people taking my weapons, but I don't want people handing their guns off to nutjobs for a quick buck either.

Hillary agrees with your gun grabbing bullshit.

Sane people understand that it is impossible to prevent someone in the United States from acquiring a firearm.

but that's exactly how it happens.

non compliance won't survive between multiple generations.

And any lawyer worth half his salt would immediately shut down your argument by citing the defensive gun use estimates, which range from 55,000 (nearly four times the TOTAL murder count) to 4.7 MILLION per year.

Guns are doing more good than harm.

Dc vs Heller

Caetano v Massachusetts

I have the right to own any bearable arms, inside and outside my house

/lit/ here

pat is a small maymay on our board. lemme show you what a faggot he is. this is from his Goodreads profile, written by him:

>It all began when Pat Rothfuss was born to a marvelous set of parents. Throughout his formative years they encouraged him to do his best, gave him good advice, and were no doubt appropriately dismayed when he failed to live up to his full potential.

>In high-school Pat was something of a class clown. His hobbies included reading a novel or two a day and giving relationship advice to all of his female friends despite the fact that he had never so much as kissed a girl. He also role-played and wrote terrible stories about elves. He was pretty much a geek.

>For the next seven years Pat studied anthropology, philosophy, eastern religions, history, alchemy, parapsychology, literature, and writing. He studied six different martial arts, practiced improv comedy, learned how to pick locks, and became a skilled lover of women. He also began writing a satirical advice column which he continues to this day: The College Survivial Guide. Through all of this he continued to work on his novel.

>Now Pat teaches half-time at his old school as an assistant-sub-lecturer. He is underpaid but generally left alone to do as he sees fit with his classes. He is advisor for the college feminists, the fencing club, and, oddly enough, a sorority. He still roll-plays occasionally, but now he does it in an extremely sophisticated, debonair way.

But it is the surrounding areas. There are gun shows everywhere nearby where you can get them cheap. Gangs are and always have been a huge problem here, and they want them bad enough to travel a couple hours and bring them back.

Chicago is a beautiful city. You just don't go further south than Chinatown. It's actually really fucking scary down there.

Which is why I notion that the better alternative is to arm everyone.

But we would probably have to commit genocide on the mentally handicapped to prevent collateral damage.

Private party transfers are specifically exempted from needing to go through an FFL and 4473, but have their own restrictions.

Cannot transfer across state lines, for one.

Then find a way to deal with nut jobs without violating the rights of millions of people and passing ineffective bullshit laws.

You are literally advocating laws you know aren't going to work. Liberalism is a mental illness.

this guy is a giant faggot. wtf are you doing posting his bullshit faggot tweets.

He wrote the most self-serving, Gary Stu tripe I have ever had the displeasure of reading in my life.

Every basic literary rule he broke just to be edgy or out of pure ignorance. His opinion has less value than Jose the Lawn Guy.

This mentally ill people are doing all the shooting may may is stale as shit, btw.

No, they were putting in a backdoor for Federal intervention in the case that a militia (group of people) turned into roaming bandits or started killing people.

also in his 2nd book, The Wise Man's Fear, the main character, Kvothe, meets the nymph Felurian who he fucks for 70 pages (not joking). In this time they have sexposition and he gets a cool cloak. It has 0 other ramifications for the story whatsoever. Kvothe is a self-insert character for the author

Really makes you "What did he mean by this?"

Nigger, what?

>But the latest research on the prevalence of firearm use in self-defense finds that these incidents are much less common that many gun rights advocates believe. For every person who uses a gun in self-defense, the research finds, nearly six people use a gun to commit a crime.

>Those figures come from a Harvard University analysis of data from the federal National Crime Victimization Survey. David Hemenway, director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center, examined five years of data from the survey covering the period between 2007 and 2011, with responses from nearly 160,000 individuals.

daily-journal.com/news/nation/for-every-gun-used-in-self-defense-more-are-used/article_dc72e52b-2375-590c-94a1-5de47c19049b.html

That's not even counting accidents and suicides.

I'm not even a liberal.

Niggers are terrible people beyond saving because their own culture keeps them in poverty, and zoos are a necessary construct to keep endangered species alive. Releasing them into the wild just means leaving them to die.

I'm just considering options. It doesn't matter what checks are in place when you can offer your buddy some extra cash to get you a weapon. It's good to look at the options and the possible outcomes. I've already changed my mind on registration because I had forgotten how easy serial numbers are to scratch off.

I would only be for removing firearms if there was a sureethod to remove every single one from the continent.

>Le made up pseudo scientific setence analysis
>Le pure textualism
>Le ignoring that 2nd amendment never gave people an individual right until some judges suddenly after more than 200 years decided that it did but rather protected the states from interference.
>Le ignoring that 2nd amendment never applied to the states until some judges suddenly after more than 200 years decided that it did.
Fucking gun nuts.

yes, Kvothe is the author, or rather the child like aspirations of a man-child,

the character can do everything, immediately better than anyone has ever done it. All in a smug, easy and cringe-thread-esque manner.

I've rarely come across true Gary Stu characters, but there is no mistaking what this power fantasy of ultimate projection is. A complete embarrassment.