What is it like to be white in majorly black country?

What is it like to be white in majorly black country?

Either in Africa or in former American colony like Haiti or Jamaica

I imagine it's a lot like living in Northern Ireland

Haiti had a brief occupation but when was Jamaica an American colony?

I meant "a former colony in Americas"

well Jamaica is not part of the American continent. So yeah I wrote it in a stupid way

That makes sense, but Jamaica is in the Americas

>Jamaica is not part of the American continent
> Czech education

Do islands count as continent? Is Madagascar part of African continent? Is Britain part of European continent?

I don't know and it's not relevant to what I was asking dammit

They usually live well

Probably feels like being a dog in any house.

from watching South African liveleak, probably like Mad Max IRL

I guess most of them live in rich gated communities

Not that bad contrary to the memes.

Rhodesian father, Portuguese mother. Both lived in Africa. Am son of retornados. Ask me anything I guess ?

I live in Paris, do I count ?

He already asked you a question though.

based Czech using the term "american" right

Even in English it depends on context. Strictly speaking, yes islands are part of their corresponding continents. But at the same time, someone in England can refer to "the continent" meaning the rest of mainland Europe. In the case you were using, it would have made more sense to call Jamaica part of the American continent because you were referring to a whole world region, but I get where that could be unclear.

My grandmother owned a huge farm in Angola and employed alot of black women to do the farming.It was like apartheid there,there were buses for the rich and the white.Black people would always bow and overlycompliment my grandmother and grandfather,it's like they liked to serve others and didn't care about racial justice.

How many white Portuguese are there in Angola now? I'm going to guess not a lot at all.

Move to London white man

They were just humoring your subhuman elder.

Cool, thats a world i want to live in

Edgy.

When I was born my family owned slaves.

They were not chained or anything, they basicly did house keeping service and were not paid but we provided food and everything else for them.

Still, I was a stubborn child and beated them up repeatedly and they couldn't fight back.

They were free to leave our house at anytime, but they didn't. Everytime my grandmother gave them money they would use to buy drugs and if we let them loose they would rob places (for fun, because we gave them everything).

Once we moved, we dropped them out and gave them money to live by themselves (house/job appointment/everything). Two years forward they died of overdose, when we reached them out they didnt have jobs and were pretty much in starvation.

It is actually pretty sad since we considered them family.

You shouldn't abuse wh*Te animals like that. That's why POCs are better than them.

I used to live in India, my father was a diplomat. We had servants and everybody called me sir. It was kind of annoying to get so much attention, people honked when they drove past, stopped me on the street all the time, you were also stalked by gangs of girls wanting to take a picture with you.

>Owned slaves
>Drugs exist
How old are you and when this happened?

But that should be impossible, there is no way your parents cound have kept slaves in modern times.Bullshit

Well, I bet slavery still exists in Brazil nowadays.

Ask Sarney if he doesnt own any slave.

most laws don't contemplate slavery, but instead human trafficking, force prostitution, but no slavery in the sense of owning. At least thats the case in many countries.

There are still a few thousand, mainly because of the paycheck, and usually don't stay longer than 1-2 years. They're usually engineers, doctors, teachers etc. But before Angola's independence there were lots of Portuguese landowners who had to flee, and those are extinct.

Growing up, we had two illegal filipina maids that we housed and paid basically just an allowance that they sent to their family back home. We didn't treat them badly, but at same time, they couldn't refuse to work, couldn't have said anything if we beat them or something, and if they wanted to quit they would have been left with nothing, no money to go back home, no one to turn to. I'd say that's pretty close to slavery, desu, at least the modern kind like you see in the Gulf States.

It's just like when you are working or middle class and lives on an area infested of sons of immigrants.
they project all their hatred on you and your government don't care.

>Black people would always bow and overlycompliment

Because doing anything else other then dick sucking got you fucked. When you have places that have policies that pretty much cement whites as a more then a first class citizenry it tends to mentally fuck with the people who aren't in that level of status in anyway.

Not bad since most people stick to their own kind (e.g your neighbourhood, friends, acquaintances are mostly white.) But obviously it's better being in a country where the majority of the people share similar cultural and linguistic traits as you do. It's safer too

>t. South African

get killed

I lived in Mozambique for a couple years, white dude BTW. I was the only one within about a 100 mile radius. It depends on the country, but I was generally treated well. The constant attention, even after the townspeople know of your existence, is exhausting. Walking down the street you could guarantee every pair of eyes was on you, watching to see if you do something out of the ordinary. Food vendors or vendors in general often tried to price hike their goods, but a simple conversation usually brought it into fair range. There's still a lot of relic subservience from colonial days, though, which made me uncomfortable. For example, I'd never have to wait in line at the ATM (the wait would often be hours) because I was white, because whites historically always went to the front. I often got into arguments with other people when I tried to explain that I wanted to wait just like everyone else, but the crowd would forcibly shove me to the front despite what I said, saying "You're too important to wait" or something along those lines. On the flip side, sometimes in big cities people would treat me like shit for being white since most white people did the same to them. It's a vicious cycle.

Women would always approach looking for sex or marriage. Panhandlers follow you looking for money. People who didn't think you spoke their language would talk shit sometimes on public transportation. In short, I was given the benefit of the doubt since I was a man in a traditionally machismo culture.

What on Earth would possess someone to move to Africa willingly?

Peace Corps. It's a U.S. government org that sends people to underdeveloped nations to assist with skill transfer, whether it be agriculture, education (I taught English and chemistry), HIV/AIDS work, health, water treatment, etc.