Come to hollywood

>come to hollywood
>make nice picture that gives you a lot of credit
>use this credit to make a really nice film for everyone, putting your heart and soul into it, using natural lightning
>end up making a film that is basically a classic, a lot of people don't like it but mainly because it isn't their style, the film is still a fantastic work
>get nominated for the most oscars ever
>terrified to be excited, know that it's hard for a little film like yours to win so much
>win best director, knowing that almost always you will win best film too and your parents will finally be proud
>not black
>not gay
>not a dumb stereotype
>lose best picture so hollywood can posture

This is fucking heart-wrenching. I don;t care if you thought La La Land deserved to win or not, but Damien Chazelle fucking TRIED on it and all the actors gave amazing performances. From the choreography to the lighting it was a labor of love.

I am going to the movies, I am going to purchase a ticket for La La Land, and then I will never pay for another film.

For Hollywood to do what they have done is fucking disgusting. I hope it all burns.

For that script he deserved to lose. Whiplash was good. La La Land was shit tho.

they should give them an oscar for suffering that debacle

the film was utter mediocrity

Gotta diversify hollywood and curiously enough, they took a LONG time to correct it, most likely after checking the BLACK PRIDE TWEETS and making a new false envelope

i am fucking sad, not even mad bro

La La Land is a pretty mediocre picture though. Nothing about Damien Chazelle is sincere or speaks of "heart and soul". He is a terrible fucking writer, who only knows of cliches, and a filmmaker who rides on the coattails of more talented people.

Directing was all this shitpile had going for it.

Moonlight is much better best picture material. It's not even a race thing, it's a La La Land and every other nominee being mediocre as fuck thing.

This 20s fetishism got old the second The Great Gatsby became a hit.

Stupid cynical film, glad it lost.

not even mad desu, just crying and contemplating suicide

You know what they say about the fools who dream.....

The budget for La La Land was so low that they couldn't afford CGI to achieve the lighting for certain outdoor scenes so they waited for weeks and months to have a 3 day window for the best lighting to film during. They got maybe 3-5 takes during a 3 hour period over 3 days, out of which only 1 take was good enough to make it to the film.

Damien got his mom to make dinner for the principal cast as a thank you for sticking around to make that happen.

His fucking mom made dinner for the actors as a thank you.

He lost because he wanted to make a nice film.

Hello goldbergs and shekelsteins

Lalaland is an UGLY movie, that is the product of an arrogant director, I hated all of the films that were nominated this year.

Ryan Gosling is an overrated actor, and no musical should win best picture.

In your opinion, in what ways was Moonlight a superior film?

>The budget for La La Land was so low

what did he mean by this?

>He had a shitty budget and made a mediocre final product that's only considered good cinema by women and the boyfriends who take those women to movies to get blown later
>It deserves best picture because of that

Everyone struggles, asshole.

>implying 90% of the people on Sup Forums who get mad at this have even seen moonlight

And Silence was better than all of them

That sounds like a pleasant working environment, the kind where people actually become friends while working together on it.

Bottom of the barrel budgets are over 1 million

You really don't know how much movies cost to make do you?

oh shut up
la la land is your cunt of a movie where a regular guy gets tossed aside by a bad boy while persuing the false paradise of hollywood

>your parents will finally be proud

If his parents weren't already proud of him for having made one critically lauded movie, let alone two, a gold statue wasn't going to get the job done.

unless they were asian parents

Wow so hard. I know niggas who got ten cent making movies in New York on cell phones. Fuck him.

Oscars are a Farce. They were probaby in on it beforehand. The furore is just manufactured.

la la land was really boring

not that i like moonlight -- never will see it, because im sick of "black people" movies

but la la land wasn't a best picture

should have been manchester by the sea if not Moonlight

A FEW WEEKS AGO Y'ALL NIGGAS WAS CALLING THIS SHIT "DISHONEST" AND "TRASH CINEMA"

WHERE'S YOUR FUCKING DISHONESTY NOW YOU CUNTS

WHERE IS IT

>Sup Forums
>2017
>honest

You know la la land was produced and directed by Jews, right? You know nothing about movies kiddo, back to Sup Forums

Hear hear.

la la land took the bbc and now they are the biggest losers of all

I'm just saying for a long fucking time people were calling things Dishonest like it was the new Fedora or Reddit, and now we're all like "Oh boo hoo because of some Jewish Mixup we suddenly love this movie"

Fuck outta here.

that's a tiny budget for a film that's filming in LA, starring actors like Goose and Emma Stone

i totally feel you dude. Chazelle absolutely was robbed.

Damien Chazelle didn't lose anything, actually. If I had my Best Director's oscar at 32, I could give no shits to the Oscars giving a political prize to Moonlight. Heck, Spotlight won last year, do you think IƱarritu cares?

I agree with you

the best thing is to just treat Sup Forums like a giant circus. the cognitive dissonance is palpable here

Bone tomahawk was 1.5 million to make and was arguably more impressive on a technical level (special effects, shooting in the middle of nowhere, extensive prosthetics)

30 million is not bottom of the barrel

Like I actually thought it had some merit to it, but then we get all the fuckin' crocodile tears for a damn good film that none of these fuckers even claimed to like earlier...

It's fucking exhausting. You're right, it's just a circus.

this post is even more dishonest than la la land

Best director is not a shoe in for best film

Best film traditionally went to the big crowd pleases

The art films got the script or director

>"Using natural lighting"
>Lit lamppost literally in the pictures attached

OP Pls...

>Sup Forums spent the last 3 months creating threads everyday saying La La Land was boring and dishonest
>It deservedly loses the Oscar to a better (but about black people) movie, so Sup Forums changes their minds

>Moonlight

Big crowd pleaser

Musicals are gay.

>20s fetishism
How can you expect anyone to take your shit opinion seriously if you don't even know what La La Land was a tribute to?

Such a faggy position to take. Go watch a Transformer.

The guy is 32. He'll be fine. In fact this almost guarantees him a best picture win next year.

That's how much it cost to hire Downey Jr. or Will Smith. 30 mill for a musical is pretty cheap.

So this poor director had so little money he could only get go sling and stone. The movie was impossible without big name actors obviously. Poor bastard only won a few oscars for his super cheap movie

He got best director, basically the same thing

>moonlight
>black people movies

I hope you never see it

is it not a movie about black people?

Why argue over what movie was better, lets talk about what we think happened. Was it rly a mix up? A farce? Did they switch envelopes during the chaos and that guy ( i dont care what his name is) really DID have an envelope that said la la land?

What did we witness?

>movie about a gay black man with all black actors
>not a black movie

yeah it was an anime movie for weebs

Film is boring musical garbage

Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling had no chemistry

The film, imo, lost all credibility with that mastubatory poolside scene with the 80s music. Tryhard shit, Chazelle at the end of the day is just a high functioning-pseudo that happened to have a Harvard trustfund.

And also, Whiplash was basically David Fincher-lite.

1/4th of the love he MIGHT have put into La La Land can't even compare to all the love that was poured into Moonlight, if that's your argument.

Lol

I don't think he took the awards all that seriously. He was hardly moved during his own speech.

He'll probably just go on to make something different and better, and he still has a very promising career ahead of him so long as he doesn't let the success go to his head.

La La Land should have been about two men if they wanted to win the Oscar.

Moonlight is literally about Gay Niggers. You can't get more oscarbait than that unless one of them was physically handicapped.

What?

For a musical it is. Your have to hire musicians and dancers and shit

Gay Jewish Niggers in the Holocaust

>Lalaland is an UGLY movie
Of all the valid criticisms of La La Land, this is not a good one.