Why did he look so mad during Casey's speech?

Why did he look so mad during Casey's speech?

did you not see the rest of them, they all looked mad and had tears.

He expected to win because he's black.

Its called a internal chimpout.

Probably because he acted his ass off and lost to Casey Affleck. Casey can't fucking act. Remember his role in Interstellar?

He couldnt win a oscar during the year of the nigger.

He was mad that he didn't win. They've been jerking him around the past years with noms.

Anything you practice, you'll get good at.

Literally who???

Denzel doesn't care about the Oscars so this makes him believe everyone is faking during their speech, so he's angry at Casey's insincere praise of him

who is him

Denzel is a crack addict
I'm not kidding, it's been an open secret for years.

Basically this. Denzel is a very practical and humble man who gives absolutely no fucks about this kind of glorification and grandstanding. Probably looks mad because he's bored and tired of enduring all the phony bullshit this kind of award show is made up of.

he looked pissed when they were showing the clip from his movie in the nominations, so I think he was mad about something else

>no fucks about this kind of glorification and grandstanding

then why the fuck is he there

hurr durr

No he has alzheimers

considering denzel's a god fearing christian he's probably mad about all the fucking muslims at the oscars this year

He's one of the people who always looks mad when he doesn't win.

To support his movie. It's not like he's a random guest or musician for the grammys

Denzel should have won.

Not because it was a better performance, but because he's black.

Even the best of actors would give a bad performance in a Chris Nolan flick.

denzel was attempting to fight his tears because affleck started bawling a bit on stage

He was emotional for someone else winning the first time. Danzel has already won twice, he didnt need it

that was my impression too, that dude and another nominated dude were in tears when casey almost broke up, denzel started to biting his lips like when someone is avoiding to cry

because he was trying to act happy

I didn't see Denzel's movie so I don't know if he was any good in it, but Manchester by the Sea was bland as fuck. Just a generic Oscar bait "BOO HOO SAD PEOPLE ARE SAD" movie. Regardless of Denzel, that shit didn't deserve anything.

>supposed to be a good actor
>can't act when it counts

>Remember his role in Interstellar?

no.
I watched that movie twice, he was in that?

I saw an interview with him and Barbara Walters, which was for a previous award nomination. He was very confident about winning, almost to the point of arrogance.

>Who is Heat Legend
>Who is Al Pacino
>Who is Guy Pearce

He looked more like he was trying to keep his composure and not tear up. Casey was shocked that he won and got his first Oscar. Ben looked like he was on the verge of crying too right before Casey left the stage