Has anyone who is fucking ass mad about Moonlight winning actually seen the movie?

Has anyone who is fucking ass mad about Moonlight winning actually seen the movie?

Goodness gracious, I haven't come onto Sup Forums in nearly a decade but figured it would be fun after what happened. Why the fuck are yall so upset about this being some political or racial thing? lmfao the first time you guys realize a movie that is an entirely black cast is being received well, it's automatically bait? If you've seen it you'd know it was probably one of the most human movies of the decade. There's no inherent political or racial motive behind it. It's a story about being isolated, trying to understand who you are and love. Come on Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LwmEWNXIsNk&t=5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck you nigger

5 reasons why its better than la la land go

>yall

Got fucked guy

its not Sup Forums, its Sup Forums

Blame the shit year of movies, out of the Oscar selection Moonlight was definitely the best, just not by much

>t. Alberto Barbosa

nice dubs

being gay is hot, i wish they showed more anal sex scenes.

let's just crash this entire plane with no survivors.

gay
black
drug
dealer
pimp

This is it. This is the biggest disaster in Oscar history.

One man, one mistake, ruined the entire show.

The credibility of the Academy is forever destroyed. There's no coming back from this ever. It's all over. What a complete and total disaster!!

i havent seen either but la la land looks more interesting to me and the people involve interest me more too

I've seen it, which is why I'm mad it won. It literally didn't deserve the award

It
is
not
a
musical

the majority of Sup Forums don't dislike the film, but you can't see its win as genuine. everything in film now is hidden behind political agenda.

moonlight will be forever known as that black movie that literally stole the oscars

Unexpected

Because Sup Forums invades this place constantly because the mods do jack shit. The majority of people bitching about it haven't seen it. There is no overt political message in Moonlight, and the homosexual elements are done tastefully and not pointlessly shoved down your throat. The entire movie is about loneliness and identity.

I don't get why people think this movie wasn't strong. It not only was better than all the other movies, it was far, far better. Its pacing is perfect. Every actor is incredible. It's so masterfully constructed, and Jenkins' influence in people like Wong Kar-wai and Edward Yang and other Taiwanese New Wave filmmakers shines through so well. He literally has a homage to Happy Together in there. How the fuck can people think Moonlight isn't up there with The Master as the best Western Kino of the decade?

THE MOVIE I DIDN'T LIKE WON

I AM ANGRY

VERY ANGRY

I WILL GO OUT AND BURN THINGS NOW
I WILL BURN CARS
AND SMASH WINDOWS
AND TRASH CANS

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE THAT THE WRONG THING WON

Most of the people who are mad are mad BECAUSE they saw the movie. I was incredibly disappointed by it. Also, oscars are trash and always will be.

Nice

>yall

This triggers me. Please be more respectful in the future.

But the movie wasn't. It wasn't the point of the fucking movie. It was a story about a man who is trying to come to terms with who he is as a person. He happens to be gay and black because Jenkins wrote him that way to stay true to what the dude he adapted the screenplay from envisioned. That's it. It was just an incredible film front to back and better emotionally, thematically and technically than anything else.

stay salty ofay

This

I saw moonlight and thought it was "ok/decent". It only won an oscar in order to show niggers "Heyyyy!!! We looooove you!!!"

I'm a southern phd student in linguistics. Yall is a fantastic word that English lacks otherwise. Among all us descriptivists, it's agreed that it's a great and useful word.

Seems like you being triggered by that is a microcosm for all the autistic behavior I see on this board right now in reaction to Moonlight winning.

you're either being a drama queen or lying.

There's no way you were incredibly disappointed by a film that was exactly what it advertised itself to be.

It was a good movie, and Sup Forums's collective opinion was that it deserved the award the most, at least I saw it named the most from people who were capable to form a complete meme-free sentence. Ignore the Sup Forumstards, they are just jizzing over every opportunity to expand their conspiracy bullshit. Not that there's any possibility that they wouldn't interpret a fucking movie award as some kind of political statement.

got eem

nobody's mad the Moonlight won, it has a lot of fans here.

we're mad because that stunt was 100% manufactured, so people have something to write about, think about it, nothing really happened that worth noting. The handover from a white to black movie is the perfect way to end such a progressive night. am i the only one who sees this?

No one here watched the Oscar. We just knew about the mistake at the end and now we make threads about it, that's it.

>Because Sup Forums invades this place constantly because the mods do jack shit.
Nah it's just how most people feel

describe the plot, character development, obstacle, choice, and final resolution of the movie please

ill even do the homework for you
>faggot nigger stares at the ground for 3 hours and utters 10 words the entire movie and doesn't take any choice or risk at all

yes, the "WE WUZ" and "fuck drumpf" and "muh gay niggers, muh white genocide" posting comes from your average person and has nothing to do with Sup Forums at all

Jenkins has some skill in getting performances from his actors, but as a storyteller and cinematic craftsman, on the basis of this movie he's amateurish. This movie, like Boyhood, didn't really have anything to say. The boy is uninteresting and remains so as a teen and young man, and the sensitive mounting of the issue of his sexuality doesn't inherently make the movie more valuable as an artistic endeavor.

The film is just fundamentally a weak story that's being overly commended because of its managing to present characters not frequently portrayed onscreen (a decent man who's a successful drug dealer, a black inner-city youth with homosexual leanings, a bad mother who's not a monster, etc. - all very interesting potentially, but not so much in the service of drama this mundane and superficially developed)

TLDR? Get some fucking taste and watch more films than just a handful of shit outside of capeshit and horror flicks.

haha, sure.

Basically. If you watched this shit go to /r movies and tell them how you feel.

>average person
>Sup Forums
Wew

>2016 Oscars gets shit on for being #OscarsSoWhite
>Academy ensures Moonlight wins three Oscars in 2017, including Best Picture

You know this is what happened. You shouldn't be surprised that they caved into the guilt-tripping.

>yesterday
>can't believe that piece of shit is gonna win all the oscars, dishonest cinema at its best
>today
>DUDE LA LA LAND WAS FUCKING ROBBED

That was precisely the problem. It was a movie about a gay black man but offered little else. It was exactly the type of schlock that the academy would jizz over just because it ticked all the diversity marks.

The movie was boring and underwhelming and we got only a tease of character development.
"I"m gay and black in the ghetto"
Ok... and then what?
"das it"
Well fuck, better give it best picture.

... as opposed to the board called Television & Film.

Go on twitter and read the hashtags.

It's all black people saying racist anti-white stuff, and white people joining in with them "Gahd I'm so glad Moonlight won. Fuck white people *even tho I'm white)".

>the homosexual elements are done tastefully

Gay Niggers from Outer Space did it better.

No movie "needs" anything to say. Thinking every good movie needs some deep message about everything is pretentious as fuck. Moonlight is just a well executed character study that examines how our environment influences who we become. It's funny how you complain about people praising this simply because its about a gay black boy, when many critics were also praising it because it dealt with themes and subjects that are universal, like being alienated for being different, getting picked on in school, being pressured by the people around you to grow up into something you're not, having difficulty finding love, issues with family, etc. Poverty and homosexuality are aspects of the movie but they are not the main focus, they're mostly details. Ironically it is you who focused so heavily on race and sexual orientation that you completely missed most of the movie.

>coming to the worst board on the site
>figured it would be fun

Lad

Moonlight is one of the greatest films of this decade, and not just this year. It wears Wong kar Wai's influence so profoundly.

youtube.com/watch?v=LwmEWNXIsNk&t=5s

I have been defending the fucking movie for weeks now. Only reason im not sperging the fuck out is because of Best Director going to Chazelle
5 FUCKING REASONS WHY MOONLIGHT IS BETTE RTHAN LLL ANSWER NAOOOO

i think your racial and homophobic prejudice are greatly influencing how you feel about the film

And it did none of those things well, just mediocre.

Movies like "Fresh" were far superior

Wait, did you see the movie? Are you retarded?

Yep

How do you know what my views are by that post?

How do you know I'm not gay and black. You're just making yourself look retarded.

>pretentious
Stopped reading there. Come back when you've seen at least 3300 films

acting
writing
directing
soundtrack
cinematography

Come back when you have an actual response.

Well said. Like I said in another post, this and The Master are easily the two best movies of this decade.

Calling Moonlight a human film is the easiest way for me to put it. Everything about it was universal. Ignore that the character is gay for a minute and just think he's straight. Suddenly it's universal again for you even if you think gay people stories inherently make a movie something that it isn't. It's ultimately about that feeling of love and loneliness that you have when dealing with that, gay or not. It's just such a beautifully crafted movie.

>Goodness gracious

go to bed grampa you have dialysis in the morning.

Moonlight was a muh oppression flick

Silence and Hell or High Water were superior films

Are you actually going to explain anything?

>soundtrack and acting were better than la la land

Now I know you didn't actually watch both

George soros backed propaganda shit show
no tks

gay niggers

>How the fuck can people think Moonlight isn't up there with The Master as the best Western Kino of the decade?

Because they'd have to actually know something about film rather than BLACKED threads.

your imitation of black vernacular with "das it" is a decent indicator as well as your disdain for what you call "diversity marks" are pretty big tells. you might be gay, but you're definitely not black. and i think you're a bit bothered by the fact that i'm right.

NIGGER!!!!!

I love the movie but you can't excuse what happened

>"niggerfaggot gets a bj from Ahmed on the beach and mutters to himself for three hours" the movie
>good

I know film students who've made better garbage than this.

fuck this board
fuck the contrarianism
fuck the identity politics
fuck the racebaiting
moonlight was good, la la land was too. It was a toss up between manchester and moonlight for me so I'm happy, but I'm so sick of this board, I'm gonna go watch hell or high water
see you guys tomorrow

wrong about everything and absolutely embarrassing.

Top kek

We have actual SJWS on Sup Forums now. Great

You think you're going to get a quote unquote "actual response" you use a word like pretentious to defend your low IQ understanding of cinema?

>acting
Manchester was better
>writing
Manchester was so much better
>directing
meh, it can go to any of the nominees actually
>soundtrack
Literally oscar-bait violins straight out of something like Tree of Life. By far the shittiest soundtrack of all the movies nominated
>cinematography
it was ok. Again, every movie nominated was ok, nothing too groundbreaking

jesus christ youre a fucking retard

How could anyone think the acting in La La Land is better than Moonlight? Stone was just OK and Gosling was out of his element. None of the supporting performances were memorable in any way.

I mean I saw both and I thought La La Land was a better film. It's just that Best Picture has to be some edgy indie shit. Not mad though

not the guy you're arguing with but you come off like a pretentious smarmy faggot

Hello there gay but not black man

The acting in moonlight didn't make you cringe? Aside from Mahershala Ali, he's GOAT. Janelle Monae was pretty decent too.

La La Land sucked ass. Emma Stone was delightful though.

Moonlight was the rightful winner.

>t. Varg Vikernes fan

Didn't he fuck another black man? How is that tasteful?

I need you guys after trudging through the twitter cesspool to balance it out

Nobody really cares OP.

We never liked MOST of these fake ass hollywood agenda movies that they tell us are good so they can drive their queerbait, 3rd wave feminist garbage into the sleeping minds of children and the "deplorable masses" and tell us how racist we are because we are white.

No one cares about hollywood bullshit anymore and like everything else the blacks are the last to figure this out.

denial. I'm right about everything.

good. :)

yeah sure it's worthy. Silence should have won but for whatever reason wasn't even nominated

No, he didn't. Once again you prove me right by showing that the people bitching about this movie haven't seen it.

You didn't watch the film. You can rent it on Youtube for, like, 5 bucks. Do that, watch it, and come back.

>you denied things so that means the opposite is true.

Nigga are you 12?

the movie has no story structure, it has no character development, it didn't explore homosexuality / bullying / poverty / drug addiction any of these themes deeply enough to classify as social commentary, the writing and acting of the character barely conveyed any emotion

the only thing this movie has going for it is it is an understanding and complex picture of a broken human being, which surprise so is manchester by the sea

if you think moonlight is some kind of holy grail because some lil ass gay nigga is full autismo and can't figure out his sexuality, can't express his identity, can't develop as a human being so he ends up becoming a gigga nigga virgin in his late 20's so head up to /r9k/ plenty of similar broken fucked up deeply troubled individuals lurking that board

eggman movie when

Don't expect them to see anything past their racist hatred

Hell or High Water was easily one of the worst BP nominees. I would watch a good foreign film like Uzak instead.
He used pretentious fine in that context, I don't think you've seen >100 films if you this emotionally bitter. You might want to try a different artistic medium.

I didn't say "you denied it, therefore the opposite is true."

I meant "you denied it, but I already know the opposite is true. Your denials are futile."

Then I guess Sup Forums really is spreading fake news. How do they handle the gay shit?

*le tips fedora*

he's lying, you can literally see a nigger suck another off and get cum in his mouth

haven't even seen the movie but considering what i've heard about it it makes sense that it won

>Most of the people who are mad are mad BECAUSE they saw the movie
Is this your first night on Sup Forums? Be honest.
This is one of the most retarded statements I've ever heard given the way this board operates and only a fucking tourist would say something like this.

>black history month

Oh, what a shocking surprise an all black movie won. What an unexpected coincidence.

I'm cool with the blacks being angry. Hell, we all are.

It's the apologetic try hard white I want to kick their heads into so much meatlover's 'za.