Why do black people hate this film so much? It's not even a La La Land vs Moonlight or Fences thing...

Why do black people hate this film so much? It's not even a La La Land vs Moonlight or Fences thing. They just have a genuine disdain for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/glazomaniac/film/la-la-land/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's popular

It's white people appropriating black culture

A white guy saving jazz? Really tho?

IT'S A DISHONEST FILM

Because it symbolizes everything their BLM movement stands for, white people jerking each other off for being white

this

put two blacks in the leads and they wouldve done much better

>The last movie I watched based in China
Is she talking about Silence guys?

lol black people dont even give a shit aboutn jazz anymore.

they're all aboiutn rap and r&b

white people took over the genre and "intellecutalized" it or something

The only people turning this event into a race thing are Sup Forumstards

Even when Mel wins they can't help but see everything through a racial lens

Jazz is a white genre.

Blacks ceased to care about it in the 70s.

Sebastian is a fucking pretentious fuck. It's annoying how people don't see this. Ryan Gosling is charming, but Sebastian the character is a pretentious idiot. John Legend, you know, the black jazz musician, pretty much shits on Sebastian's entire philosophy of jazz when he talks about how he can be a revolutionary if he just tries to suck off the old musicians of the past?

Sebastian is never made out to be a fucking hero or savior. He's just a dude who really loves jazz. He doesn't save shit. He ends up without any love, lives in a one-bedroom apartment by himself, and has to watch as the love of his life is with some rich producer Hollywood guy while all he has is his club that he named after her suggestion.

Isn't LA LA LAND more of a JEW movie than a WHITE movie?

Probably the Great Wall.

Blacks are more spiteful and racist than whites

because they don't know what a classic is

Blacks cared about jazz, not anymore.

There's no blacks, only niggers

Ironically, a movie about a gay black man stole the award from a movie about a dead genre that is stereotypically associated with gay men.

Also black people hate gays, Moonlight likely won because of the Academy tradition of nobody actually watching the nominated movies.

we wuz jazz n shieet

It's Hollywood sucking it's own dick.

It's like betting on your favourite team. They probably haven't even seen it. Barely fucking anyone has seen Moonlight and Fences is literally a play that I doubt most people would have the attention span for. But they want those movies to win over La La Land.

For example I'm Australian and hate Nicole Kidman but still wanted her to win a few years back. I didn't even see The Hours.

blm just watch movies whose cast is only blacks. Like in 2016 when with the Straight Outta Compton, that was the only movie they watched

Rap is the new jazz, you idiot. You're an idiot if you can't notice it, you thick headed cumskin sub((human))

John Rabe? The Children of Huang Shi? The Forbidden Kingdom? blackhat? Transformers Dark of the Moon?

Yeah, what is she talking about?

They haven't seen any of these movies but hate La La Land because of its primarily white cast

/thread

you're dumb as fuck or completely dishonest

black people and other non-whites are celebrating on twitter like each and every one of them made moonlight whereas la la land was a birth of a nation sequel

not having any clues

yeah they would have done better with blacks this year. and ever year after this if i'm right.

>highest rated metacritic record this decade is a four hour jazz epic made by a black guy
>Pulitzer prize winner from last year was a jazz album made by a black guy
>blacks don't care about jazz
?

get the fuck out that all these black people do. just google

letterboxd.com/glazomaniac/film/la-la-land/

>With apologies, a white girl is going to talk about jazz: As I am given to understand, jazz was, more or less (because of bad record keeping at the time, the birth certificate of jazz is unclear on the precise location--white people demanding the full length version think it will reveal it was born in Omaha, but we all know better) born in a New Orleans flophouse, as known Caucasian Ryan Gosling says (thank you, nevin), failing to ever actually really explain it well. He mentions that the people didn't even speak the same language. He doesn't mention they weren't white. He doesn't mention what brought many of them there is that their ancestors were stolen from their homes and dragged across an ocean to be enslaved. He doesn't mention that jazz was appropriated by white musicians and white record executives and white club owners and white listeners; when confronted with the stereotypical blandness of Kenny G, he refers to passion and emotion and so on, but he doesn't talk about appropriation and history and how race played such a huge part in it all.

>"you cannot be proud of being white & not be a racist. it's a tautology. you can be proud of your irish heritage. you can be proud of your german heritage. you can be proud of your lutheran heritage or your appalachian roots or your large italian family's sunday gravy tradition. you cannot be proud of your *white* heritage b/c there is no such thing. whiteness only exists as a power relationship. a system of domination is not a culture to take pride in unless you are an asshole." - k.m.

FUCK WHITEY HAHA LOL

La La Land is a safe Oscar bait movie.

>Hollywood movie about Hollywood
>Emma Stone
>Ryan Gosling
>Released around the season

The whole thing is mastabatory.

I assume you're a Sup Forums racist. Imagine if Jay-Z was in a movie in Europe in the 1700s and told Mozart his classical music wasn't as good as Big Pimpin' and everyone in the universe of the movie agreed Mozart sucked in comparison

Actually replace Mozart with Wagner

I always wondered what it is like to be a nigger

Wtf is this bitch named wikipedia?

>but didnt think theyd how they ass this badly tonight
What?

I, literally, just

What? This isn't even bait. It's just,

what the fuck are you smoking, man?

>IT'S THE POLTARDS MAKING IT ABOUT RACE!!

I don't get the Gosling hype he's the same in every movie I have seen with him.

I understand if you are a faggot or female.

the thing about asian actors is that there aren't that many of them in america, they tend to stay in their asian countries where they get better deals

everything whites do or create that I dislike = WHITE MEDIOCRITY

coincidentally, everything blacks produce is liquid gold. blackque culthure.

niggers are the biggest racist of them all.

i can't wait until black people move from this planet and white civilisation, that's so dependent on black bodies crumbles

if you don't want to be like gosling something is seriously wrong with you

Stupid fucking niggers think naming their kids shit will make them smart.

this isn't racist because i say so

>dumb kid never read encyclopedia brown

>until black people move from this planet
how are they going to do that when they can't graduate from high school?
no, the people who are going to move away from this planet are the whites, jews will stay because israel

Sup Forums didn't make it about race, but they are the ones being triggered at never-before seen speeds by a few tweets.

Take all the Nigger "culture" you want. Can't take anything you have thanks to whites, spear chucker

La La Land is basically Whiplash 2: Give Me Oscars

Most black people hate moonlight too as it promotes the idea that the "thugs" are just bent

LA LA LAND was made for hollywood, but Moonlight was made for the common liberal whites that want points for being progressive

there arent many native americans in movies because there are many in general. last time i saw one was on a reservation

Why is it America's duty to hold up the races of the world and make them feel better?

I'm British. It's the equivalent of me demanding all the characters in an American film are British.

Fuck off.

>calling someone that isn't white a "colored person"

holy shit, why are liberals so fucking racist? I'm pretty sure we stopped calling people "coloreds" a long time ago

what ever will I do being unable to hear gucci manes new grab my dick song?

Why even live?

He's good at playing an autist, even a "cool" autist like in Drive so naturally he's /ourguy/.

if you even glance over twitter, according to our beloved PoC, they have objection towards every single white-won category.

hacksaw ridge shouldn't have won because mel gibson should've been executed
casey affleck shouldn't have won because he was competing with denzel and denzel is according to them more talented, therefore should win every single time when nominated regardless of how he compares to other nominees

emma stone is white mediocrity and ruth neega was snubbed..because she is black. blacks deserve every award because diverse representation matters!

moonlight also should've won best cinematography as well, since when..it's a gay black movie with a purpleish filter. pure cinem@

>triggered at never-before seen speeds
Well at least they won't go around burning down cars and smashing trash cans just because they didn't get what they wanted.

>a few tweets

kill yourself you disgusting dishonest, disingenuous piece of shit. it's ALL OVER THE PLACE.
it's literally so prevalent that it's a general attitude

Honestly the only black people I've seen getting truly pissed off at this film are the suburban middle-class college SJWs. Not many other people of any race would see racist subtexts in every piece of pop culture around them.

>demand more diversity
>means black people
> black people win

>WEW DIVERSITY

Sigh.

that's funny considering chinks made it

that's what i liked about the character and the ending though. people aren't perfect, and i liked how he didn't change himself because of others

also casey affleck is a rapist which also warrants public execution

It literally isn't about a white man saving jazz you stupid fuck.

that fucking picture
my god

I liked La La Land, but it was the biggest piece of Oscar bait since Birdman and The King's Speech.

LA movie about LA. Check. Entertainment about the entertainment industry. Check.
Starring Academy darlings with multiple noms in the past few years. Check. Written and directed by a recent Oscar winner. Check. Touches upon a progressive topic to pat itself on the back, but one in hindsight and not too timely and still make about about pretty looking white people to not seem too SJW and risk alienating the old jewish academy. Check. Feel good to not alienate old fashioned mainstream tastes. Check Released around Oscar season. Check.

It was just missing a WWII, major transformation, and LGBT checkbox.

The title itself is about how outta touch LA is with the rest of the world. Jeez.

Don't forget the Weinstein checkbox

Is there anyway it could be more Oscarbaity without a drastic revision? My suggestions:

>Cast Jennifer Lawerance instead of Emma Stone.
>Give Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, George Clooney, and Sean Penn parts.
>Have Woody Allen direct.

surprisingly, tumblrites hates this film as well.

Except it is. Nevermind Sebastian was a pretentious jackass, his whole goal is to literally Make Jazz Great Again.

Mia was brilliant though. Glad Emma Stone got an Oscar for it.

he doesn't save jazz tho

Niggers are racist pieces of shit.

he was genuinely happy though. he accomplished his dreams and so did the girl, it's just that they both realized they would have been just as happy if they compromised their dreams and settled down to have an average life together. it's a bittersweet ending.

rap is literally ghetto niggers talking over music written and owned by white dudes.

all rap is produced by whites and jews. once again you people add literally nothing of value to your own creations and rely on others to elevate them to something semi-respectable.

WAIT

Is La La Land the official White Power movie now?

GREAT JOB OSCAR FUCKS

im so fucking sick of pol iruining everything

like seriously can we get a fucking cap on racist posts at least

>all rap is produced by whites and jews

Most whites and Jews are the EXECUTIVE producers. Blacks are the ones that make the beats

the real funny part about the oscars is how it is the most racist pro white awards show in history. how long has it been around? how many "people of color" have won an oscar? why is hollywood lecturing trump about being a racist again? pls stfu you racist elitist faggots.

i think you're paying WAYYYY to much attention to things that aren't your business

get off Twitter and get a fucking life already

best way to respond to something like this is just to be like 'yeah me too i love the coloreds'

This is something that will go nowhere asians tend to be on the opposite side of the political spectrum, a good example was when the japanese supported the white washing of ghost in the shell

me on the right

national association for the advancement of colored peeples.

It's shit, even niggers know

They haven't seen it

source: I'm black. No one I know saw this

everyone should have disdain for this shit, its just hollywood masturbation garbage, don't make this about blacks when lots of people dislike this shit period

It's a (faggy) feel good movie. If it feels good to whites it must go away

This. It's kinda ironic, but blacks are the most racist race on heart.

you're equating asians and asian-americans in the context of american politics

>some rich producer Hollywood guy who Mia fucked like crazy to get good roles
fixed for you

>white people voting for black jazz album

even if that's true, isn't La La Land set in the 50's

the film isn't about sebastian's opinions on jazz, that's just an element to add depth to his character and push the themes on the consequences of your dreams (regardless if they're retarded)

How many blacks praising Moonlight have actually seen it? Probably very few considering niggers think all gays should die.

Imagine if the roles were reversed and the award was taken from Moonlight and given to La La Land. The fallout would be massive and hilarious.