How is ancient Greece viewed in your country?

How is ancient Greece viewed in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CyJ9XCNnEns&lc=z222gr3rdyivzh12xacdp43a0g1s5ov0v3whthzgo1tw03c010c.1506288095817067
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I

AM

GREEK

my ancestors :)

As a hedonistic superpower of ancient world.

Also as role model for cunt.

I don't think we have a particular "feeling" towards Ancient Greece. If anything, its strong democratic values, critical thinking, and homoerotic tendencies are hardly compatible with Russia. Byzantium, on the other hand, with its court intrigues, despotism, religion subservient to the state, tyranny of the capital city, is a very good historical analogy of Russia.

GIVE
BACK
OUR
FLEECE!

no one actually cares

>superpower
There were never a unified Greek state until they were forcibly unified by Macedonia.

>when an autistic laz manlet ruins an entire nation for you

back to picking my hazelnuts

Yet the Greek ruins are the most popular touristic attractions in your country.

We never think about it so we don't have an opinion, really.

who the fuck cares though
they were conquered.
actually in fact no one cares about history here apart from Ottomans, Seljuks and Gokturks (yamtars do that often)

That doesn't mean they weren't a superpower.

A place with scholars, wisdom and no debt

>No debt
Debt slavery was a thing in Athens until Solon reforms

>this
Its huge meh really

who cares, armen.

philosophers and some ruins

also i remember some retard claiming that he was born 200 mts away from Thales's birthplace hence European lmao
what a fucking retard

>implying the average Irish person can name a country past or present that nobody they know had gone on holiday to

they think they were brown and shit like them

Ancient Greeks were Black just like me
you, Kellyfag, you are a bulgarian rapebaby.

bulgarians are black, filthy wh*Te t*rko-gr*eek subhuman

this is a Bulgarian Turk you wh*Te subhuman

heh no

say it to my face, wh*tey

Ancient Greece was burried and being stepped on by modern Greeks.
It was a good thing that western Europeans actually valued it and brought it to their countries, otherwise a lot would've been lost.

Yeah, I supose if you doze over history, philosophy and etymology in high school it might be kind of a meh thing. Sure, they don't exactly teach you to love Greece but it isn't like it never gets brought up. Or like you shouldn't at least read the Odissey as per the curriculum.

Or maybe that was just an oddity particular to my one school.

Extremely positive.

>Ancient Greece was burried and being stepped on by modern Greeks.
Wrong. Greeks maintained continuity with their pass (post Greek dark age) until the Turks conquered them.
>inb4 muh Christianity isn't European Neopaganism
Greek Orthodoxy comes from the exact same platonic-mystery religion stock as other Mediterranean religions.

>Or maybe that was just an oddity particular to my one school.
Indeed

greek/latin ethymologies is an underrated subject

Good. The Romans on the other hand...

It was western European archeologists that unearthed a lot of ancient Greece. Modern Greeks didn't give two rats ass about ancient Greece until western Europeans showed them its value.

But it does.

also this, only the blonds are related to ancient Greeks, the rest was a construct designed by the whites to convince them to play for team White, even though it's clear that they've been turked by the brown skin black hair

Good. Personally I wish it was a little bit more homo.

Also, shoutout to my Turk homie rapist ancestors for making a mean hünkârbeğendi.

Also, keep those fucking statues in Britland. They don't want to go home. They're fucking statues. More people see them there anyway.

godspeed darkie bro, this is how we're gonna make our country great

Just out of curiosity, textbooks aside how many books did you have to read to graduate?

Πιστευεις οτι με το να γυρισουν πισω 10 ομορφες πετρες (γιατι αυτο ειναι για τον περισσοτερο kοσμο που δεν ξερει kαν την ιστορια τους kλπ) θα λυθουν kαπως προβληματα στην χωρα?

pios niazetai, to thema einai ta lols pou prokaloun

pou einai i ipolipi brika mia youtuber pou tsibaei
kai einai kai mabropi, einai telia
youtube.com/watch?v=CyJ9XCNnEns&lc=z222gr3rdyivzh12xacdp43a0g1s5ov0v3whthzgo1tw03c010c.1506288095817067

got cancer just by clicking that link

de velepeis to potential pou exei?

den uparxei tpt xeirotero apo ta vlogs kai ton narkisismo pou stazoun kai nomizw oti axizoun oloi enan argo basanistiko thanato. Den pisteuw kan oti ekatsa kai to eida olo. Poso xronwn einai kan to zwntobolo?

giati ekatses na to deis ego aplos sxoliazo kai perimeno

kanis pause dio tria plana, vlepis tis somatikes tous adinamies kai sxoliazeis

the greatest civilization that ever existed.

They are too stupid to have an opinion other than "OMG Toga parties are so much fun" Amd "ILOVE GYROS :^)". Any non american history gets little attention in school....though the founders loved ancient classical literature and admired both Greece and the Roman republic

I am Greek

With our eyes