Late night TREK thread?

No Trek thread? Rewatching DS9 right now high as hell, nothing better!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyndLFYWGok
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do Trekkies hate this so much?

JMS gave the B5 bible to Paramount and after reading it through they were initially interested, but later on said no. Then JMS moved to Warner Bros. and got a deal.

There are some conspiracy theories that Paramount suits decided that hey, why should we buy and build another scifi space show from zero since they have one franchise already! So (according to the tinfoil hat nuts) they took most of the bits from the B5 bible, modified it here and there, added trek stuff and ta-fucking-daa! This all happened very quickly while B5 pilot The Gathering was getting ready and Paramount wanted to get on the air first.

There are a lot of similarities.

>a troubled space station with a number in the name
>in the middle of an important area of space, >there is a wormhole
>there is a jumpgate
>there is a shapeshifting being
>there is a assassin with a shapeshifting tech >war veteran as commanders
>shady bar and shady areas that were uncommon in Trek

And that is the the pilots mind you and not everything listed. Later on there were also a lot of similar plot lines.

Jake! Why don't you quit FOOLING AROUND with Nog, and come have some DIN DIN with your old man?

I have no idea. I guess it wasn't goofy enough, or didn't have enough klingons or something. I liked it, except for the uniforms. Blech

It's too Kubrick and not enough Shatner.

It has nothing to do with Kubrick you stupid fucking faggot moron.

DS9 is the only Trek that feels real.
>hurr its scifi its not real
Good story telling should be honest and grounded. DS9 had commerce, religion, families, sports, media, politics, etc. The scenes with Sisko's family were some of my favorite. Here's a guy who plays catch with his son and argues with his dad. That's what we'll be doing in the future, not putting on faggy 19th century musicals with robots.

It released after 2001 and was very, very similar stylistically to it in a lot of ways. Very effects heavy, very 'hard sci-fi' in a lot of ways, unlike a lot of Star Trek.

Less about the story, a bit more about the 'science'.

Ha ha, you replied to me

Plus that scene where Spock went on a trip.
youtube.com/watch?v=eyndLFYWGok

Just watched "Duet". I was not prepared for those feels.

IT WAS ALL IN HIS HEAD

religion should not be a part of the future. I hated that part of DS9.

except people still go to opera and concerts today
only because you are a simpleton like most DS9 fans who only do low brow stuff doesn't mean all humanity is like that

and all the other star trek had coomerce, families etc. anyway

Daily reminder that Damar did nothing wrong and his killing of Ziyal was totally justified.

>mfw the dude who played Damar owns a wine vineyard

like poetry

I don't, of all the Star Trek films TMP is the one that feels the most like an actual episode of Star Trek. That being said they may have been a little proud of their special effects to linger on beauty pans of the Enterprise refit for so long etc.

Move Along Home is actually a fun and entertaining episode that's even a tad strange in that it's humour is not so obvious all the time, if outright hidden beneath shades of peril.

Fallow the Chula Master (6th Shap) maintained both warden like and harmless yet inquisitive ambassador from one scene to the next.

It truly is a part of DS9's grand tapestry and early season style Star Trek.

Enjoyed most of it, though it had it's fantastical moments that felt out of place.

7.6/10

>I don't, of all the Star Trek films TMP is the one that feels the most like an actual episode of Star Trek.

Huh? I'd say of EVERY Star Trek film, it feels the LEAST like an episode of Star Trek mainly for the near hour presentation of the V'Ger ship, the almost labourious plodding slow march into the heart of this vast space-machine, the almost spiritual finale.

I agree with what the other poster said, it had a Kubrickian feel and didn't even feel like Roddenberry was involved - unless an LSD trip inspired the first half of the story.

>Why do Trekkies hate this so much?

I wasn't aware it was 'hated' but rather disliked compared to the rest of the films (except for V).

>recycled plot
>extremely slow
>could cut at least thirty minutes
>Kirk is an asshole in it

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>Computer, generate a universe where I'm not a 27 year old kissless virgin
>Unable to comply with your request ... virgin

"You first."

Because its boring.

Not him and I hated the wormhole aliens too but the Bajoran religion was still going strong because of Cardassian domination. Making it real was a mistake by all means but the Bajorans having this kind of Space-Muslim thing going on never bothered me.

If Bareil Antos wasn't such a tedious character there would've been no reason to ruin Worf's TNG character arc.

>recycled plot

Recycled from what?

the changeling

yeah that's what I meant. Religion per se could and probably should be a part of some episodes. But imo it didn't make sense to make religion that big of a part for the whole series. Star Trek (esp federation characters) and religion are just a bad fit.

>If Bareil Antos wasn't such a tedious character

Vedek Bareil wasn't so tedious, he was subtle and layered, though his acting and lack of charisma seemed to negate those qualities.

No. Thats an ancestor of Sisko that the prophets tapped into by accident

He got better and better the more he was with Kira though. Before he was just a bajoran monk. Slow talking in religious riddles all the time

r8 my view from Earth Spacedock

Those Dabo girls sure had a some great underboob.

Sup bruh, you playin STO?

>Computer, override incel protocols, authorization t-f-w-n-o-g-f Beta1

WE

naturally

What do you think Kanar tastes like?

>computer, create a human interface device and tie it in directly to your memory banks
>UNABLE TO COMPLY. PLEASE SPECIFY THE NATURE OF YOUR REQUEST.
>shape: cylindrical; length: 17 centimeters; diameter: five centimeters; temperature: 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit; input method: touch

Spoiled yogurt

>Fahrenheit

>naturally

Of course you would respond like Tuvok.

It's interesting enough but there's all this DLC you've got to buy and I don't like spending more than 20 bucks on a game.

HD

I don't get it why did he leave this...base-ball here?