Lies In 'Hidden Figures'

>Is Kevin Costner's character based on a real person?
Not exactly. In researching the Hidden Figures true story, we learned that Kevin Costner's character, Al Harrison, is based on three different directors at NASA Langley during Katherine Johnson's time at the research facility. The movie's director, Theodore Melfi, was unable to secure the rights to the guy he wanted, so he decided to make Costner's Al Harrison a composite character. -Today Show

>Did Katherine Johnson feel the segregation of the outside world while working at NASA?
o. "I didn't feel the segregation at NASA, because everybody there was doing research," says the real Katherine G. Johnson. "You had a mission and you worked on it, and it was important to you to do your job...and play bridge at lunch. I didn't feel any segregation. I knew it was there, but I didn't feel it." Even though much of the racism coming from Katherine's coworkers in the movie seems to be largely made up (in real life she claimed to be treated as a peer), the movie's depiction of state laws regarding the use of separate bathrooms, buses, etc. was very real. African-American computers had also been put in the segregated west section of the Langley campus and were dubbed the "West Computers." -WHROTV Interview

In Margot Lee Shetterly's book, Hidden Figures, she writes about a cardboard sign on one of the tables in the back of NASA Langley's cafeteria during the early 1940s that read, "COLORED COMPUTERS." This particularly struck a nerve with the women because it seemed especially ridiculous and demeaning in a place where research and intellectual ability was focused on much more than skin color. It was Miriam Mann, a member of the West Computers, who finally decided to remove the sign, and when an unknown hand would make a new sign a few days later, Miriam would shove that sign into her purse too. Eventually, the signs stopped reappearing at some point during the war.

>Is Jim Parsons' character, NASA engineer Paul Stafford, based on a real person?
No. In fact-checking the Hidden Figures movie, we learned that white collar statistician Paul Stafford, portrayed by Jim Parsons, is a fictional character. He was created to represent certain racist and sexist attitudes that existed during the 1950s. In the film, he thwarts every effort Katherine (Taraji P. Henson) makes to get ahead, including reducing her job qualifications to secretarial duty, omitting her byline on official reports, and telling her it's not appropriate for women to attend space program briefings. By the end of the movie, Stafford's fictional storyline includes the character having a change of heart, which is emphasized when he brings Katherine a cup of coffee.

>Is Kirsten Dunst's character, Vivian Mitchell, based on a real person?
No. Hard-nosed supervisor Vivian Mitchell (Kirsten Dunst) is a fictional character created to represent some of the unconscious bias and prejudice of the era. She is at best a composite of some of the supervisors who worked at NASA Langley.

Kevin Costner in Dances with Saddles and Dances With Solves

The black women the movie is about are fictional also. This whole thing is a big load of shit. If they had been real, they would have been mandatory material to cover in every history and science related textbook of the last 30+ years, but they aren't. The first mention of them being in 2017 is a dead giveaway that it is manufactured revisionism.

So you telling me they took Katherine Johnson and made her into 3 black woman and then invented white characters to be racist around them?

How pathetic

so we wuznt smart n sheit?

I hate niggers

they wuz liarz n sheeeeit

Pretty good Ebonics drama.

Triggeres poltards fags so even better

is this the WE DID MAFFEMADICS N SHIET movie?

hm, i wonder if women of color OTHER than these women faced any adversity

NAH PROBABLY NOT

Every piece of NASA footage I saw back when they did the famous missions was filled to the brim with young, nerdy white guys with pocket protectors.

In the documentary "Failure is Not an Option," some of the interviewees stated that they wanted to hire young people with a passion for learning rather than older experts since the technology was new and they didn't want traditionalists fucking things up. All these fresh college grads were young, white males.

I just cannot believe that black women were vital in the space program when white females and Asians were nowhere to be seen in all the classic footage they have. I feel insulted when they expect me to believe that these woman were heroes and that only Jewywood new about it and finally decided to spill the beans in 2016-2017.

She's old

And if you're old enough to remember her in Spider Man 2, you're old

>merging different persons into one character>
>MUH LIES!

nigga please. A script is not a history book as every non-autist will confirm.

I remember her in interview with a vampire

I remember her from a Star Trek episode.

She somehow got really old really fast. Just two years ago she was still fresh-faced and beautiful as ever. It probably boils down to her skin type and the fair bit of weight fluctuation she underwent with her Fargo-role...

>Visible Niggers

Is this film good, historical accuracy notwithstanding? I saw the trailer and the dialogue, especially one of the one liners from a black woman, was pretty cringey.

>composite character to reflect the time

who cares about historical accuracy
are you a racist or sumthing

So was the IBM mainframe racist for stealing WoC jobs?

>plot twist: it was the computer putting up those signs all along

I got free tickets to see this.

I just want to see Janelle in big screen, besides that is it any good?

The half white half black woman who didn't experience any racism in the work place, and who did good work, got a movie made about her in which she is a fully black woman who experienced constantly racism and sexism directed specifically at her while her career was constantly restricted and held back by the white man and white woman.

Got it.

> Paying a ticket to watch a George Soros funded historical revisionist mind-virus """film"""

Get fucking woke, now. You've either taken the red pill, or you're against us.

Personally I am now black pilled about the entire hollywood machine. Get in your gorilla mindset, hit the gym, take some alpha brain.

Black womyn r smart nd got us to space TM #oscarbait got beaten by gay nigs 2.0
LOOOOOOOOL

Too obvious, be more subtle next time

>fully black woman

amerimongrels talking about purity as if they could spot it, that's gold

>the true story wasn't good enough to get you feeling guilty so we're going to add racists in to pretend it was worse than it was
>up next shindlers list 2

blue pill cuck right here. be warned, you are on fucking notice.

This is the literal truth you pleb

I'm 100% Scandinavian

Not everyone is from California and New York where it's all just mutt hodgepodge

I just realised asians work their butts off in math and a bunch of black women just come in and steal all the recognition. Lmao. Why even study.

Or, these 3 black women were real and whites never wanted blacks in the ducking 60s to take any of the glory in what they did so they never talked about them and Katherine Johnson and the 2 others are real fucking people who did some shit. The fact you're using Sup Forums tactics to destroy the factual evidence centered around this movie is fucking pathetic. Next thing your gonna do is say blacks contributed nothing and post a fucking KKK websited source.

Kill yourself.

>>>/reddit/

"Lies"

oh, hi /pol

can you take your medication pls

Oh so no counter from you? Good. Now you know that what you just typed was a lie.

allegory, brother

Because they get real jobs with that education instead of a single movie made with three black people while the rest of them live in the ghetto

Very ham-fisted, a 2 hour white guilt-a-thon

>whites never wanted blacks in the ducking 60s to take any of the glory in what they did
this doesn't make any sense.

This is why I never see any movies "based on a true story".

>"COLORED COMPUTERS"
what was meant?