2026 world cup

daily reminder
group i:switzerland, saudi arabia, burkina faso

>world cup
Overrated shit.

99% of the people just watch their team play, almost nobody cares about le quality football matchups and le groups of death
FIFA knows this and they've acted accordingly
And who cares if Switzerland plays against Brazil or Burkina Faso? The fans are going to watch either game because it's the fucking world cup.

group stages are probably the best thing in the world cup, you daft cunt

>7-1

And why should FIFA care about the "best things" if they are a not a non-profit company?

because you can always compensate
they could have adopted the europa league format, with 8 best 3rd places that go through
i know it would make the competition a little longer, but i dont know why would that be such a huge problem when compared to this shit of a format well end up having in 2026

>what are matchdays
>what is rest time
FIFA are not idiots, they always pick the most profitable projected scenario

>7 conmebol teams could potentially qualify.

That makes our qualification system obsolete. No point in playing a 3 year long league anymore with nothing at stake.

well then expand the tournament to eg 40 days and have the same number of rest days?

>CONCACAF same as CONMEBOL

I'm guessing this is because of USA, Canada and Mexico potentially hosting, right?

Right? They're not actually giving them 6 spots?

nope, this is thr format well be using from 2026 onward
in case of joint a bid, fifa can determine how many host countries will have an automatic berth

>expand the tournament to eg 40 days
>all club leagues worldwide lose weeks of competition as a result
Slovakian "intellectuals"
I have a better idea, lets make the world cup a league and have each team play each other throughout the year, that would work.

No, just 6
See: the column says (including host)

New Zealand is basically confirmed in WC 2026

You can seed the Copa America using the CONMEBOL league instead of FIFA rankings
This will give a reason for high ranked teams to still compete in the later matchdays

My bad, I forgot about the playoffs
You can have up to 7 teams normally and up to fucking 8 if you host

>all club leagues worldwide lose weeks
yes because all club leagues worldwide have fixtures in july, right?
host takes one of the confederation spots in this new format

>yes because all club leagues worldwide have fixtures in july
Are you being dumb on purpose? What is rest time, we've already talked about that
>host takes one of the confederation spots in this new format
The host also gets an additional play-off spot

The host confederation I mean

take a few days off rest after the season and take a few days off rest before the next season
the change wouldnt be really that drastic
>The host confederation I mean
ye, forgot about that

Apparently clubs lose too much money with that
Or maybe there's a different reason that we don't know about
Anyway FIFA are always chasing money, they have a good reason not to have a 40 day long world cup whatever it is

Anyway from a fan perspective there's a bright side too
The scarcer something is the more you value it, you're now going to enjoy and wait for the elimination games more

Yes, if Conmebol hosts we could potentially have 8 teams in the WC