Tommy Lee Jones Said Really Mean Things To Jim Carrey During Batman Forever

Tommy Lee Jones Said Really Mean Things To Jim Carrey During Batman Forever

>"I was really looking forward to working with Tommy because he was a fantastic actor, and he still is. I love him. I mean, he's amazing. But he was a little crusty…I think he was just a little freaked out because Dumb and Dumber had come out on the same weekend as Cobb, and Cobb was his big swing for the fences--pardon the pun. And that didn't work out, and it freaked him out. I think it made him--I walked into a restaurant the night before our big scene in the Riddler's lair and the maître d said, 'You're working with Tommy Lee Jones, aren't you?' I said, 'I am.' He said, 'He's in the back corner.' I said, 'Oh, great. I'll go say hello.' And I went up to say hi and the blood drained from his face in such a way that I realized that I had become the face of his pain or something. And he got kind of shaking and hugged me and said, 'I hate you. I really don't like you.' And I was like, 'Wow, okay, what's going on, man?' And he said, 'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.'"

What did he mean by this?

classic

I wish people said stuff like that to me instead of kys bum bum

>'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.'

I still say this to my girlfriend whenever she says or does something stupid. I just love that line and I don't know why. It sounds like such a classy putdown.

Tommy Lee Jones has always been an top-tier alpha chad, most people don't know this because they have only seen him when he's old. That's why he's so mean and a bully to people like Carrey.

>I cannot sanction your buffoonery

>'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.'
Doesn't this mean he's okay with Carrey's buffoonery? If the US sanctions Iran or Russia, that's seen as a bad thing, so shouldn't TLJ really be saying "I sanction your buffoonery you daft leaf cunt"?

How the fuck this is not a meme?

Depends on context. It can also mean to allow or tolerate something.

But it is.

>you're a comedian
>you get challenged to make 2 men laugh on live tv but you don't know who they'll be
>as you walk up on stage you see Tommy Lee Jones and Clint Eastwood

post yfw

I'd just show 'em that video. Bet both would love.

>love

Meant laugh... Definitely wouldn't wanna see them love each other. Yikes.

I unironically agree with Tommy. Everything about Jim Carrey pisses me off. He is a buffoon.

I cannot sanction this post, sorry

Carrey is an anti-vaccer. Fuck him.

Baseball movies are made out of passion

fuck TLJ

he just wanted to own a pizza parlor in america
damn shame he had to close it and die from cancer

>And he said, 'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.
>to which I replied, AAAAAAAAALRIGHTYYYY THEN

>le vaccines cause autism funny comedian man

Good. Tommy should have slapped his shit in.

Tommy was an old man that got passed

Trust me Jim Carrey has lived that life

i laughed more then i should have

>I cannot sanction your buffoonery
>Turns in this performance

What did he mean by this?

wat

Jim Carrey got passed up

Maybe he was being twofaced?

Underage detected

It was a maymay like 8-10 years ago.

>kys bum bum

>tfw nobody will even talk to me in discord

fuck off carlos

From what I heard the reason Tommy acted like this was because his Ty cobb biopic got fucking buried by Dumb and Dumber at the box office

Different meanings. "Unsanctioned alcohol", for example, means illegal booze.

that's pretty much explicitly stated in the OP text

>I think he was just a little freaked out because Dumb and Dumber had come out on the same weekend as Cobb, and Cobb was his big swing for the fences--pardon the pun. And that didn't work out, and it freaked him out.