Are there any good movies that deal with depression as their main focus? You see movies about drug addicts...

Are there any good movies that deal with depression as their main focus? You see movies about drug addicts, sexual minorities, people with serious physical illnesses like cancer etc., but right now I can't think of one major movie that deals seriously with depression although it's such a huge and prevalent problem in todays world.

welcome to the nhk

Do you get off on selfpity?

as someone who was formerly severely depressed and isn't anymore this is such an oversimplification

Do you think you are special holy shit lol. Im sick to death of depression hipsters.

Synecdoche New York

I don't know where I stated that I'm special. It seems the people who post depression memes and aren't actually depressed have rubbed you the wrong way.

Not memes but people especially women that treat it like a lifestyle. So are into "depressive" media.

Manchester by the sea

Little miss sunshine but it wasn't main

Yes.

Anything by Keanu Reeves

Why do you instantly assume that the OP was like that?
Most depressed people just want something they can relate to.

all I can say from experience is that it clouds absolutely everything. it's kills your ability to get any kind of perspective outside your own suffering.

now that i'm not depressed I completely understand how people think it's bullshit but it's very real

I guess Paris, Texas. Kind of.

There might me people that are not really depressed but tell people they are for attention, of course that is another kind of "ilness" and I feel sorry for those people too.

But real depression, diagnosed major depressive disorder is not somethign to laugh about. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. You have to realize that there are no purely psychological illnesses, our brain are just as physical as rest of our body and when something goes wrong there you can end up feeling horrible all the time for no apparent reason.

her

Taxi Driver

Thats the other thing why do depression hipsters always want to talk about it?

same reason they're depressed: no one ever gives them any attention

I used to think it was bullshit after several bouts with depression until literally 2 months ago when I entered a severe depression and I started having crying spells and contemplating suicide everyday. I'm absolutely convinced I won't come out of it at this point and am on anti depressants for the first time. Part of me still thinks it's bullshit.

Could not recommend Melencholia enough, its one of the best on-screen depictions of severe depression and resounded in me personally.

I've dealt with major depression for years, been hospitalized, taken all sorts of psychological tests, been on all sorts of treatments, etc. I don't think depression lends itself to a movie being centered around it, as it is such an internal condition. I'd argue that any depiction of depression that turns it into any kind of showy, outward phenomenon would be dishonest. Manchester by the Sea probably comes the closest to doing it right, as Affleck's character is completely destroyed by guilt, grief, and depression, but the power of his performance comes from how he keeps it all bottled up.

Ill let you in on a seccrreeet. A large amount of this shit is caused from bad blood flow mimicking a stroke. Get fit.
If you find yourself crying and feeling uncontrollably upset suddenly it could be a sign of bad health.

This. LE CRIPPLING DEPRESION LE REDDIT KILL MYSELF XDXD

I am so tired of people. I wish i could punch them all in the face until they stop acting like pathetic retards. Disgusting!

Oslo, August 31st is both depression and drug addiction.

The Man Who Sleeps
Manchester by the Sea
Oslo, August 31st
The Pawnbroker

Before I Dissapear is kind of about a depressed guy.

A lot of the show House was about his dealing with depression, especually the later seasons.

Another one that was semi decent was "Chaos Theory"

Melancholia
Ghost World
The Road
Lost in Translation
Magnolia
Shame
Inside Llewyn Davis

Leaving Las Vegas

Not a movie but its damn good