Who is the real Best Picture?

I didn't see shit this year but Arrival, Hell or High Water, Manchester by the Sea, and Hacksaw Ridge all sound better than gay niggers or faggy camp musical

Hell or High Water should of won best picture in a perfect world because it would inspire studios to attempt to make more movies up to that genuine quality but Manchester by the Sea was definitely the best out of all of them.

I saw all of them except for arrival, lion, and fences (hidden figures doesn't count)

>hell or highwater
>manchester
>hacksaw
>moonlight
>lalaland

the real best picture of 2016 was silence but oh well

this

silence was the true winner but nobody saw it

I want to believe you but the last time I saw a Scorsese movie purely about his Catholicism (Temptation of Christ) it was horseshit.

I didn't see Wolf but most recent of his I saw was Shutter Island, was kinda bad.

All i wanted to see was Goose win a trophy. Will he ever get another chance to be nominated for best actor?
He should direct another film too so he can win best actor and director in the same year

>He should direct another film too so he can win best actor and director in the same year

In 10,15 years goose will win Best Director, screencap this

Ranking of the Nominees:
1. Fences
2. Manchester by the Sea
3. Lion
4. Hacksaw Ridge
5. Arrival
6. Hell or High Water
7. La La Land
8. Moonlight
9. Hidden Nigures

Fences is actually my favorite movie of the year too, so that's cool I guess.

Ranking of nominees

Top Tier
>Manchester by the Sea
>Moonlight

High Tier
>Fences
>Hell or High Water
>2/3rds of Arrival

Mid Tier
>Hacksaw Ridge

Low Tier
>La La Land
>other 1/3rd of Arrival

Didn't See Tier
>Lion
>Hidden Figures

Fences is basically an extended episode of Chef's parents in the Loch Ness Monster episode of South Park.

It's subjective. Moonlight actually appears quite often in top 10 of best 2016 critics' lists.

why even post if u havent seen them all retard. just judge somthing by its description but the rest by watching them. boards full of retards.

Honestly, does anyone see any of these 9 standing the test of time and appearing on an all-time greatest list of movies 25 years from now? I seriously doubt it. Even the ones I love, I sadly don't see them being remembered. 2016 was a weak year. I feel like the only Best Picture nominee from the past 2 years that will be remembered in 25 years is The Revenant.

Shin Godzilla

I thinks some of them will appear in top 100 of 2010s.

Moonshit was shit by objective standards

La La Land is going to be a perennial sorority dorm favorite.

Doubt anyone will recall Moonlight unless an actor/actress/direct breaks big off it.

Moonlight isn't deserving of winning a high school film competition

The only movies from 2016 worse than The Red Turtle were Batman vs. Superman and Toni Erdmann.

>>not an academy voter

suck it kuk!

this
silence deserved it
but it was a film with white christian males, so what you expect?

>hidden figures doesn't count
>counts moonlight and lalaland
Fuck off!

Prior to watching any of the 9 Nominees, I thought "Oh look, 3 nigger movies for white guilt: Hidden Figures, Fences, and Moonlight." All 3 were different though. Hidden Figures was legit a white guilt movie, so fuck that one. Moonlight wasn't made as a white guilt movie, but it was a pretty unremarkable nigger movie that whites felt like patting its back because it featured a gay negroid. Fences was actually a pretty neutral movie that seemed well made.

The only movie that won that SHOULD have won was Zootopia

Zootopia is a glorified nigger movie. It's the nigger movie of animated movies.

Kubo or Moana should have won.

>Hell or High Water

The only good movie on the list.

But I am really, really glad that the nu-male Arrival movie didn't get even one significant Oscar from the 8 nominations it had.

this right here. how in the world are musicals even oscar worthy now a days

>putting arrival above hell or high water
kill yourself cuck

Weak year, but Moonlight was the best of them.

I don't understand how Hidden Fences, Lion and Arrival even got nominated.

>Fences was actually a pretty neutral movie that seemed well made.
That's because Fences was based on something written well before cultural marxism took over.

So was Moonlight though, the play it was based on was written over a decade ago.

>Hidden figures was a white guilt movie

Damn I guess we can't tell true stories anymore, cause it offends people like you.
Why are Sup Forums shits so fucking retarded?! Did you want them to sugarcoat the racism and the actual needed chivalry tactics so you get through a movie without shooting up the fucking theater? Literally tell me how a story in the SEGREGATION period of American history is white guilt?!

I've only seen Arrival, Hell or High water, and Hacksaw Ridge out of the nominees. Hacksaw probably should have won because it evoked the most emotion and told the best story. The only reason it didnt win was because of Mel Gibson.

The first two because of diversity. The third because it was a weak field. I really dont get why so many people on here are so obsessed with arrival.

To be fair, the movie featured a bunch of alternative facts to make their importance seem of the utmost. It made it seem like only they were capable of completing the jobs and only white people were stopping them.

Because manchildren here are obsessed with sci-fi and capeshit, so this one seemed "deep" and "more intelligent" than the average shitflicks like Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Hell or High was good, but it was "nothing new" even though the performances were strong.

Arrival was moody but the mechanics of the plot made no fucking sense in the end.

Hacksaw Ridge was old school, and not that that's bad, but we've seen that shit before.

Manchester is the first movie I can recall that had modern characters, no bullshit, tonal consistency from beginning to end, and did not hand in the easy answer -- the only glitch was casting Matt Broderick who was just so bizarre ("Who put Matt Broderick in my believable real life movie?") it made the movie fall into the background for 5 minutes.

As for Lion, Kidman's face surgery is too distracting, and Salaam Bombay was better. Also, sick of movies about Indians and Black people problems. I would have preferred Fences since it's more about father and son and not "hey look at my Black problems". Hidden Figures was a tryhard movie like The Blind Side -- dishonest -- like La La Land.

Most people consider Arrival to be about the 234th best movie of all time.

La La Land was the real best picture and a pretty good film if you're not a tryhard classic male who frequents reddit much like this thread

>I really dont get why so many people on here are so obsessed with arrival.
because high quality sci-fi movies are far and in between. The biggest obession with Arrival is whether the plot is dumb or not, but it's overall a well-made movie.

>the mechanics of the plot made no fucking sense

In what way?

what is lalaland about? I didn't watch it because i dont like musical and also the only times i've heard about it was when people discussed the oscars

Moonlight

>if you learn a language you can see into the future
>the entire universe is deterministic and has only one course, except when we need time travel for the plot
nothing too bad, but they could've left at least the chinese time travel out

>if you learn a language you can see into the future
What didn't make sense about this to you? It's a pretty simple concept.

And she heavily implied the universe is not deterministic. She could've chosen not to have her daughter. According to her, it was the very choice to still have her and subject her to an early death and lots of suffering is why the slut man left her.

Oh and there was no time travel at all.

The reason Moonlight was even made is cause diversity so whats your point?

when you give people the ability to perceive upcoming events, they can:

1. let things happen (this guy is going to murder me)
2. intervene (i am going to take that guy out; minority report)

if the future can't be changed, then it makes for a lot of mourning, but obviously viewing coming events will alter behavior, then you have a time paradox, which is the fatal flaw of any time-prescient related movie

>nu-male Arrival movie

Didn't see it why is it gay?

At any time in your life you can see what many of your choices result. You can change your choices and instantly view the new results. You can do this as many times as you want and choose your optimal life course. You still live in the present and make choices in the present. This is not a paradox.

1. Lion

>Everything else = Irrelevant

Is that even a question?

your confabulation is interesting but it isnt whats presented in the movie since its obvious the aliens can detect 3000 years in the future, and its clear things will run a certain course, and are thereby deterministic, which leads to one of the plot flaws, which is if the aliens know they need to expose humans to the gift to obtain help in 3000 years then they know what is coming and cant do anything without the humans so they obtain help from the humans but if they can change things by obtaining help from the humans then why not just do it themselves and not wait 3000 years, and so forth

time paradox bullshit once again

Because the aliens have 3000+ year long life spans. You can see your life course and experience some events that have not yet happened to you, not just random future events in general.

>why not just do it themselves
Probably because they simply can't. It's not a paradox.

>Portuguese
>White

It featured made up bullshit to make it seem as if the niggers in it were way more oppressed and to exaggerate muh evil whitey meme

All of the people involved with it can get gassed

Out of all the movies nominated for best picture the one I would pick would be Arrival why?
because out of the all the best picture nominated movies that is the only one I seen
I didn't watch the others because I'm not going to watch movies I have no interest in seeing

any time recursion in a plot line, in which the future is actually viewed, causes a paradox of multiple futures

if you can see your life course, then it has already happened; if you experience the events, then they already happened; if you, in precedence, choose a different option, then, in the paradox, you select a different course, but that other course already exists, because you viewed it and "experienced" it

randomness is irrelevant in this discussion, but not being able to detect features of a determinate outcome, so that things appear to be being caused by random events, is another problem with plot confronting the paradox, since not detecting features that affect the future will affect how an agent attempts to change the future

there are also many viewers, and many who will attempt to change the future, if it can be changed in terms of actually affecting what can be seen as things have actually happened, but this is also part of the paradox -- one cannot in reality change or see what has not yet happened -- and its just asinine to go into all this garbage confabulation except in a poorly framed scifi flick

the plot is a piece of shit, really -- and leaving it vague didn't make it any better -- they may as well have tried to use entropy as a plot device

>based on historical events
>manipulate the events for political purposes

Hmmm

Egocentrism - the Post.

The """"film"""" is not even close to the true story, retard.

>>>/reddit/

That's retarded. There aren't "multiple futures." There is one future, one present and one past. The way you see yourself and your choices in it is not linear, but time is. There are some things you and other people can influence and there are some things you can't and will happen that way based on your already made choices and outside factors e.g. if you made the choice to have this child she will have cancer and die young. This is in no way a paradox.

La La Land and Moonlight were my top two picks, so considering both were announced as Best Picture, I think the Academy got it right.